E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2AAF, Low LPFP Walbro 450LPH, High STFT/LTFT, Leak tested already?

04-12-2023, 08:05 PM   #1
fixingstill
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

2AAF, Low LPFP Walbro 450LPH, High STFT/LTFT, Leak tested already?

Hi everyone,

I have a 2008 E90 335i, bought it stock as a project but it's throwing up a 2AAF code preventing me from completing smog. I've done most maintenance; valve cover/gasket, oil filter housing gasket, etc. Noticed after driving around to do smog that it would throw a CEL w/2AAF. STFT1 = 0 =- 1, STFT2 = 0 +- 1, LTFT1 = 22 +- 3, LTFT2 =24 +- 1.

LPFP sensor read about 4300hPa and replaced it but read the same. Swapped the LPFP for a Amazon/eBay one but stayed the same. Bought a Walbro 450LPH and installed it in a using a spare stock LPFP, LPFP pressure went up to 4700-4800. Still 2AAF and high STFT/LTFT.

I sprayed brake cleaner on all the possible intake ports and neither STFTs nor LTFTs changed a bit.
Smoke test on the intake components, day and night over multiple days, nothing, I did change most intake gaskets and o-rings.
Pressure tested one end of the intake with a glove sealed on the other end and it held all the fingers up stiff after 10 mins.
Valve cover had a crack on it, thus the new valve cover and valve cover gasket.
Checked the PCV prior and was okay.
Exhaust leaks don't exist after driving around a bit.
Swapped out the 02 sensors and drove a bit to the same result for the STFT and LFTFs
No cleared all the other code issues. Hopefully the cats are okay. I also do have a spare JB4 if that helps...

I can try to provide as much info as possible. Been trying to crack this for over 2 weeks. Open to any ideas.
Appreciate 0