E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CIC Update to C1A problems

06-18-2023, 05:00 AM   #1
N57Guy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d E91 LCI

CIC Update to C1A problems

Hello everybody

I need some advice for my DIY CIC Pro Retrofit. My Car is a 2010 E91 LCI which came with a factory fitted CIC Mid (Business). I was able to change VIN inside CIC and now having issues to update my CIC.

Im using Winkfp in comfort mode with orginal ICOM Next A and original ICOM B. MOST is connected to the MOST Port under the steering wheel. I was not able to configure my ediabas.ini with Easyconnect because I had errors like "access denied" an so on. So I just used iTool for my ICOM IP and configured ediabas.ini my self. I just configured Remotehost to the ICOM IP from iTool and set my Interface to Remote which was a mistake(I think). In my case, it should probably be "Remote:MOST_ASYNC" or "Remote:MOST_ASYNC_ab635" and not just "Interface =REMOTE".

Update for 63(20-30minutes) and 62(under 10 minutes) went very smooth but now its struggling with A0. Network Adapter is showing some Datatransfer but the update is now already running for 40+Hours. Luckily my
Car is connected to a very good 100A Charger but Im still hopeless with the progress.

What should I do? Leave it for maybe one or two more days or end this torture by aborting this update?

Thank you in advance!

BR
N57Guy
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2023, 04:00 PM   #2
N57Guy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d E91 LCI

**Solved**

I ended up aborting the A0 flash process because it took way to long. CIC was stuck in programming mode after that with black screen and full fan speed. I configured ediabas.ini with the following settings because Easyconnect Tool still didn't worked:
Interface=Remote:MOST_ASYNC
RemoteHost= "IP from iTool Radar"
Port= 6802

Just to make sure I also disconnected every other MOST device from the system(might be not necessary but its safer):
1. Remove rear seat and find MOST block (two black sockets with green wires)
2. Do mark on every single wire then remove all.
3. Then shine flashlight into MOST socket under glove box, then white light will glow inside a wire.
And red light will glow in another wire then connect them together.
4. Connect ICOM A & B and plug in OBD II. Dont forget to connect a CHARGER!
5. PROGRAMMING sequence on WINKFP COMFORT MODE : #63 --> #62 --> #A0
6. put all wires and sockets back together (dont mess up!)
7. Code default with NCSexpert

Problem solved, everything working fine!

This thread was usefull for me:
https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/b...1349737/page-2
Appreciate 0