E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Comfort access stopped working - no fault codes

10-12-2023, 03:34 AM   #1
DLucian
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 335i N55 | F20 125I B48

Comfort access stopped working - no fault codes

Greetings,

Title pretty much sums it up. Parked the car overnight and the next morning, CA won't work. Was in a rush so I opened via the key fob.

A few hours later, I tried it again and it still did not work. Tried both door handles for both closing and opening and also the trunk and nothing.

Connected a scan tool and the CA system has only a rear bumper aerial error that I've had since I got the car (trunk does engage a little slower, usually, probably because of this).

Changed the key fob battery, same issue. Got the spare key, same issue. Where should I start diagnosis on this? I feel like it could be a million things.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 03:45 AM   #2
DLucian
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 335i N55 | F20 125I B48

Okay, so, I thought about deleting this but I am considering leaving it so that maybe someone else learns from my stupidity.

I share the car with my business associate and he initially brought the car up from the parking space but I proceeded to drive. I keep my key in my pocket, always (because this is why it has freaking COMFORT ACCESS and keyless engine start). He puts his key in the ignition, like a rudimental man that he is.

Anyway, we drive off, I drop him at the airport and, you can see where this is going. He left his key in the ignition and I did not see it. Meanwhile, I kept trying to use CA to lock the car but it would not do it, obviously. But, I could lock the car using my own key, so this threw me off.

Anyway, hope someone else learns from this. Enjoy your day everyone!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 01:39 PM   #3
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Diversity Antenna and connections to it is usually the first thing to check.
You are better off to search for answers to this in the general section.

Be sure the car battery is good.
Appreciate 0