E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Fueling Issues

11-28-2023, 04:00 PM   #1
lemansbluen54
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i 6MT

Fueling Issues

Hi all,

So I've been having issues with the car cranking, yet not starting. This all started after a weekend of the car progressively getting worse. Initially, the car was idling and warming up and when I came back outside, the car was off, and I had a dead battery. After jump starting the car, the car was seeming fine until I did a pull in 3rd gear and the car started to break up at the top. First step was replacing the battery, no avail. Given that I have been on a custom tune and had a Walbro 535 in the past, I decided that it was time to install another one. After install, the car would break up and start backfiring around 3k rpm, so that wasn't it. I decided to go back to the stock pump for the time being and then the car would not start. So I took a crack at the fuel filter/pressure regulator, and the car fired right up, and while giving it a little bit of time to run, 30 seconds after startup, it shut off and would not start again. When doing the regulator, I did notice that one of the lines popped off the pump, yet given that there are now new lines and I have tried two pumps, I think its safe to rule out anything in the tank. The question is where do I go next from here.
The only active code was for low fuel pressure on the low side, and the shadow codes were fuel pump, plausibility, and two hpfp codes. I don't think this could be tied to the hpfp as the low pressure sensor is detecting low fuel pressure prior to the point where the fuel would reach the hpfp.

I have attached 3 logs that were taken prior to the car not starting, one of which shows normal driving.
https://datazap.me/u/slodriver/low-s...og=0&data=3-21