E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Used MSV70 DME and RSA deletes

12-09-2023, 01:19 AM   #1
E90_slides
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 325i 6MT

Used MSV70 DME and RSA deletes

Hello, this may sound stupid to you guys who know what you’re doing as I only have basic understanding of ncs and how to diag and program the extra stuff on the modules, but hopefully somebody can help me with what is essentially a “cloning” MSV70 DME of sorts question.

2006 325i/330i 6MT (bimmerlabs tune)

Here’s the issue:

I have a used MSV70 DME that came out of a 325i on the side to mess with tuning time/fuel/lift tables and what not for a street/track turbo build that I’m doing. To do this the easy way would be to send both units to a company that perform cloning and the turn around time would be like 4-5 days with shipping for a couple hundred bucks… or I could try to figure out a way to “clone” it myself.

I did the 325i - 330i bimmerlabs batch flash a while back and still have the files. (I.e. RSA delete, batch files, and stock .bin).

Question:

Would I be able to plug in the used DME to the car, write my proper vin to it, flash the RSA delete, and then the 325i-330i batch files, or the stock file, align the cas to the dme, and then bing bang boom would it work? I have read that the proper way to clone a DME is to access the BDM and use CMD to flash the ISN or whatever but I don’t really understand how that all works and what needs to match.

I know my way around ncsexpert/dummy as well as INPA and ISTA+, but have used winkfp very little, only to update ZUSB. Not entirely sure what needs to be changed in both cas and dme. Recently a member on here helped me learn hex code and how to calculate checksums which was awesome. I’d like to learn more from you guys because I could definitely use it.
TYIA

Last edited by E90_slides; 12-09-2023 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 0