E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Oil pressure codes - which sensor(s) on OFHG?

08-22-2023, 12:58 PM   #1
adill1
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Xdrive 6MT

Oil pressure codes - which sensor(s) on OFHG?

Hey Folks. Looking for some help identifying root cause for the following codes:

- DME active codes -
33FD - Oil-pressure control, plausibility, static: Pressure too high.
3405 - Oil pump: Pressure too high.
3429 - Engine-oil pressure sensor, plausibility: Pressure too high before engine start.

I have had these for awhile and car seems to run fine, although I'd like to resolve for peace of mind.

THANK YOU!!

Also - any recommendations on specific parts I may need and where to purchase: amazon, fcpeuro, etc. would be really appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 03:26 AM   #2
Malteser_wfj
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i 2012 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by adill1 View Post
Hey Folks. Looking for some help identifying root cause for the following codes:

- DME active codes -
33FD - Oil-pressure control, plausibility, static: Pressure too high.
3405 - Oil pump: Pressure too high.
3429 - Engine-oil pressure sensor, plausibility: Pressure too high before engine start.

I have had these for awhile and car seems to run fine, although I'd like to resolve for peace of mind.

THANK YOU!!

Also - any recommendations on specific parts I may need and where to purchase: amazon, fcpeuro, etc. would be really appreciated.
Did you manage to solve what was causing these codes??

I've got 33FD and 3429 but my Bimmerlink won't display any live data - it used to briefly after the engine shop reset my ECU and everything, then I foolishly did an in-car updated through the idrive and now it won't show anything :/ It can still read codes and control the exhaust flap but won't show any sensor data so I can't live read any oil pressure info.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2024, 08:36 AM   #3
adill1
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Xdrive 6MT

Unfortunately no clue yet. Car has been sitting for some time. Have to get to it this summer.

Anyone have any thoughts on the above?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2024, 11:11 AM   #4
Malteser_wfj
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i 2012 Manual

I had exactly these codes and replaced with the following parts:

12.61.7.592.532 the pressure sensor & 11.41.7.622.768 the pressure control solenoid.

I also ordered a new sump sensor at the same time because I got a low oil level warning out of nowhere that was a false. I only did the pressure sensor & solenoid to start and they fixed the issue so no need to change this one

Went to change the sump sensor last weekend and the electrical connector wouldn't fit because they changed the orientation of the internal tabs anyway
Appreciate 0