E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > e92 335is dct vs 6mt

05-13-2024, 03:41 PM   #1
GhostmodBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

e92 335is dct vs 6mt

hey i am in the market for a 2011-2013 e92 335is with the n54 motor. i cant decided between the 6mt or 7 speed dct 335is that is offered in the north american market. i know i want the n54 motor and i want to tune the car and put FBO and most likely to upgrade the 2 twin turbos and more.

some things to know about me to help you help me:
i daily a manual currently and i love it and done mind driving in heavy traffic.
ive driven an e92 335i n54 auto and absolutely loved it and wanted one from then.
i own an e93 328i n52 auto and confirmed that i love the ultimate driving machine and i knew i needed the turbos.
the 335is wont be a daily but more of a weekend car and to have fun on the track and around the corners.
i am also planning to do all the upgrades myself and take the more tedious tasks to my shop.

i have a few questions to determine which transmission to choose.
1. would the dct be able to handle the power of stage 2+ and more?
2. is it possible to upgrade the clutch on the dct to handle the power?
3. which one would handle the power better, 6mt or dct?
4. is the launch control worth it, (and just to confirm the 6mt doesn’t have launch control)?
5. is the 7 second over boost worth it, (and just to confirm the 6mt doesn’t have launch control)?
6. what else feature does each have that would change my prospective on choosing maunal or automatic?
7. if 6mt is the 335is worth the mark up price of around $20k CAD or is it worth getting a 335i n54 and jus upgrading the modes myself?
8. would any of them be a reliable 10 sec car if all the work is done properly and maintenance is done on time?
9. is there anything else that i should know?

please and thank you for your time
Appreciate 0