E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > N47 Exhaust Manifold Pressure Sensor Required?

05-18-2024, 01:35 PM   #1
OSmightymanOS
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320D

Hey all, new to this forum (never been brave enough to tackle issues myself on my 3 Series until now)

Replacing the turbo I’ve ended up with a DPF blanking pipe, EGR delete kit and now potentially replacement exhaust manifold.

One of the exhaust manifold stud nuts is rounded, I was going to leave it in place and replace the others, but the thread for the pressure sensor rounded AS I removed the banjo bolt. I didn’t want to replace the manifold but may have to now! So if I end up going to the trouble of butchering the stud + nut just to get the manifold off, I may as well get a nice aftermarket one.

Found this on eBay but doesn’t appear to have a hole for the pressure sensor, maybe as its “racing spec”: STAINLESS RACE EXHAUST MANIFOLD FOR BMW 3 SERIES

Question is, as I’m blanking my DPF and getting it mapped out, could I run without this exhaust manifold sensor and get the after market manifold?

If not I’ll have to buy a used OEM part, which is a shame but will save some pennies for sure.

Also didn’t realise how expensive new studs would be.. Can’t find them for cheaper than £5 per.

Any help welcomed thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2024, 03:41 PM   #2
carladlers
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 120d

Hello! Did you get any answer? i have the same problem. How did you solve it?
Appreciate 0