E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > WTB: 2012-2013 E93 automatic 335i

05-20-2024, 01:32 PM   #1
Ohio Enthusiast
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 335i, '18 BRZ

WTB: 2012-2013 E93 automatic 335i

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hello all, looking for an automatic E93 335i (not 335is), preferring newer years (2011-2013). Pretty flexible on colors and options.
Maintenance record a huge plus, especially for higher milage cars.

I would prefer this spec:
  • No preference for exterior color.
  • Interior - black or oyster. Other light interiors only if in good shape (especially light seatbelts).
  • M-Sport Package (or for years that have separate options, sport seats and sport suspension is enough).
Located in the Dayton OH area.

Last edited by Ohio Enthusiast; 05-29-2024 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: Updated preferences
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 03:34 PM   #2
PunsGalore
BMW Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive Wagon

Check this out.. https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ATURED/DEFAULT

Appreciate 1
      05-20-2024, 06:59 PM   #3
Ohio Enthusiast
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunsGalore View Post
Nice find, thanks!
Interesting that it has the sport seats but not the M steering wheel? Aren't the two bundled together in the M-Sport package?

Never bought a car long distance before, gonna see how that works.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 07:09 PM   #4
PunsGalore
BMW Enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Enthusiast View Post
Nice find, thanks!
Interesting that it has the sport seats but not the M steering wheel? Aren't the two bundled together in the M-Sport package?

Never bought a car long distance before, gonna see how that works.
Sorry, that car isn’t an M-Sport! Just the sport package, didn’t realize the M-Sport was a requirement

Appreciate 1
      05-20-2024, 07:20 PM   #5
Ohio Enthusiast
Private
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, that car isn’t an M-Sport! Just the sport package, didn’t realize the M-Sport was a requirement
Oh, yeah, that would be ideal, but I guess I haven't looked closely enough at the various packages and what they give. BMW sure don't make it easy to figure out what's on a particular car...
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 08:20 PM   #6
PunsGalore
BMW Enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Oh, yeah, that would be ideal, but I guess I haven't looked closely enough at the various packages and what they give. BMW sure don't make it easy to figure out what's on a particular car...
I’ll tell you the M-Sport package is really just cosmetic, the only real upgrades are from a base E9X to a sport package E9X.. after that it’s just cosmetic to my knowledge (maybe M-Sport specific) suspension on RWD models but doubt it

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 08:11 AM   #7
Ohio Enthusiast
Private
Rep

Quote:
I’ll tell you the M-Sport package is really just cosmetic, the only real upgrades are from a base E9X to a sport package E9X.. after that it’s just cosmetic to my knowledge (maybe M-Sport specific) suspension on RWD models but doubt it
Yeah, that was what I was reading, but looks like the options for the 2013 convertible changed (based on this thread's attachments) - there's no more Sport Package, only M-Sport Package (ZMP) and the Sport Seats (481) are no longer available as a standalone option. This makes me more confused how this 2013 E93 can have sport seats but non M steering wheel that does have paddles (which I understand you'd need the 7XA steering wheel for).

I'm mostly interested in the sport seats, sport suspension (that I read conflicting reports of whether or not it's standard, and option or part of a package (with differences between the sedan, coupe and convertible)) and paddle shifters. I agree that the cosmetic aero kit (715) is not as important.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 08:46 AM   #8
PunsGalore
BMW Enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, that was what I was reading, but looks like the options for the 2013 convertible changed (based on this thread's attachments) - there's no more Sport Package, only M-Sport Package (ZMP) and the Sport Seats (481) are no longer available as a standalone option. This makes me more confused how this 2013 E93 can have sport seats but non M steering wheel that does have paddles (which I understand you'd need the 7XA steering wheel for).

I'm mostly interested in the sport seats, sport suspension (that I read conflicting reports of whether or not it's standard, and option or part of a package (with differences between the sedan, coupe and convertible)) and paddle shifters. I agree that the cosmetic aero kit (715) is not as important.
I specifically got my E91 without the M-sport Package.. other than the dark headliner, everything else is offered in my opinion was uglier than what was included on the normal sport package. To each their own!

Appreciate 1
      05-22-2024, 12:32 PM   #9
melbournerot
Rep
Drives: E82, E90 x2, E92 M3

The linked car is, according to the VIN decoders, a Canadian market example that was federalized to live in America. I've not seen a Canadian specific ordering guide but options on that side of the border have always been different from what we get an America, which should also explain how it has the individual audio system (which, IIRC, you could not get with a non-M car in the US) and the car being offered for sale in Washington. Very unique and super cool find, if you can stomach the price.

The regular sport package, as said, just adds sport seats, sport suspension, bigger wheels, and higher top speed, and it allowed you to also get a heated steering wheel if you also got the cold weather package. The M sport package adds sport seats, sport suspension, higher top speed, different bigger wheels, the M steering wheel, and M bodykit, but it also limited your color choice (black, gray, silver, white, or two different blues) and was incompatible with the heated steering wheel. The sport package disappeared for American cars at the end of February 2011.
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2024, 12:53 PM   #10
Ohio Enthusiast
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbournerot View Post
The linked car is, according to the VIN decoders, a Canadian market example that was federalized to live in America.
Very nice detective work! And I appreciate the details on the packages. I've been doing VIN decoding and am slowly building my understanding of how to read all the various options and packages.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2024, 09:03 AM   #11
Ohio Enthusiast
Private
Rep

Bump, still looking. Updated the preferences in the first post.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2024, 03:27 PM   #12
Ohio Enthusiast
Private
Rep

Ended up getting a Sapphire Black 2011 M-Sport with Saddle interior. Color-wise it wasn't my top pick, but the low miles, great interior condition (plus a half-bake plan to wrap it in British Racing Green kind of color to complement the interior) and the spec was exactly what I wanted. A PPI revealed a couple of minor issues plus a little seepage from the oil pan gasket that I'll address later (shop said it can wait a year or two).
Appreciate 0