E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Lost Key Fob & No comms to DME (2008 328i)

05-22-2024, 07:21 PM   #1
MadDog41510
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Lost Key Fob & No comms to DME (2008 328i)

Worst week of my life. I lost my key fob/key, 2 locksmiths have looked at this, locksmith #1 couldn't cut a key or program a fob, locksmith #2 says there's no communication to the DME. Car drove just fine until lost key fob. Friend of family says need new DME and reprogrammed, then a key can be reprogrammed? Or need to take to locksmith that is familiar with BMW/DME system. Locksmith #2 says locksmith #1 must have done at beginning of OBDii scan and screwed this up. Is that even possible?

I am literally at my wits end as I've been robbed for thousands of dollars this week, lost the key fob and buried my mother. I cant take anymore losses, either mentally or financially. I literally can't take another hit. I NEED this fixed and on the low as I'm borrowing money to fix this.
Appreciate 0