E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > IBS Issue, no connector present, please help

05-20-2024, 09:00 AM   #1
bmattey40844
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport 2006

IBS Issue, no connector present, please help

Having a really irritating issue with my E90 2006, 320d. I'm hoping someone can shed a little light on the situation.

Bought the car with an IBS warning code, the cable for the IBS had been removed but the IBS is still connected to the negative terminal on the battery. I purchased an IBS only to find there is no cable to plug it in to. It seems that it would typically run with the positive battery cable, checked everywhere, remove bed most of the original cable tie tape to see if it's hiding.

Don't know where to go from here, any thoughts on why there isn't a cable to connect to the IBS?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2024, 11:14 AM   #2
bmattey40844
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport 2006

Solved

Managed to solve this. Car has no IBS. The previous owner put a shoddy remap on it and it was looking for one. They then tried to retro fit one, obviously failing but leaving on the ibs on the battery. Had the map taken off and Yay!
Appreciate 0