E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Itinerary for ED - Spring 2007

07-31-2006, 04:58 AM   #1
danny
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (951)

Garage List
Itinerary for ED - Spring 2007

My wife and I nearly leased a 2006 330i a few months ago. We had a dealer picked out for a Performance delivery and had it worked to $500 over invoice... but the lease rates increased and we decided to wait until 2007 and to an ED. I think we made a good decision. Espescially now with the new 335i Sedan coming out.

So, we are planning on an early April time frame for ordering (but will try and order when the lease rates are most attractive) for a late May / early June delivery. I would like to get some ideas from those of you who have been overseas for our itinerary. So far, I've planned out a few spots I'd like to hit. We will be getting the NAV so we will be able to do some nice travelling around Europe and we plan to stay for 2 weeks. We are SO excited.

Fly from DFW to Munich, Germany

Take delivery in Munich, Germany
- Tour BMW Facility, stay 1night
Drive to Stuttgart, Germany - 225 km (2.5 hours)
- Tour Porsche Facility (hopefully new Porsche museum will be open too), stay 1 - 2 nights
Drive to Zurich, Switzerland - 217 km (2 hours 23 mins)
- stay 3-4 nights
Drive to Paris, France - 589 km (7 hours)
- check out the castles, stay 3-4 nights in Paris
Drive to London, England - 450 km (5 hours 18 mins)
- Stonehenge?, stay 3-4 nights in London
Drop off car in London

Fly from London back to US

Not sure if we will stay in hotels or if it would be easy to find bed & breakfast type places that we could just drive to and stay a night, then drive to another spot, to see more of the area that way. Any thoughts and suggestions, please!

Also, is it going to be a problem to plan our trip 45 days in advance? How soon after placing the order will I know the exact delivery date? (Sorry if this is a FAQ)

Last edited by danny; 08-01-2006 at 12:48 AM..
Appreciate 0