E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > I know what I want but need help!

02-23-2009, 12:09 AM   #1
Fang
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

I know what I want but need help!

So i've decided that my stock suspension is way too soft. I'm driving a 07; 328i coupe currently on 19 in. rims deepdish in the back and honestly I like my ride height. I also have sports package/premium package on the car.

So what I want is stiffer suspension without sacrificing too much ride height. At most I want 0.5in. back 1in. for front. Any recommendations are appreciated so that I can look further into my final decision.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #2
branabolic
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

i'm in the same boat as you. i like the rear ride height as it is but i want the front lowered about an inch or so. i think i am going to go for the fk silverlineX coilovers. just need to shop around and see what installation will cost me.
      02-25-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

For those who want a "custom" height adjustment, coilovers are the best bet, as you can tinker with it till you find what's right for you.

A word to the wise, however:
FK coils (and KW - they are very, very similar) are known for going "low" - they're highest ride settings are usually still somewhat lower than OEM.... (note, it doesn't tell me whether these numbers are based off sport or non-sport, but they are good for comparing to each other)....
-KW V1 will drop the rear a minimum of .9" for sedan and .6" for coupe,
-v2... .8 / .9, and
-v3.... .9 / .6....
-even street comfort... .4" minimum - but these are pretty rare in the US and might have to be imported (not a problem, just cautioning you guys)

Now, Bilstein used to be a little more conserative, but apparently those are more aggressive now - dropping a minimum of 1" for either car.

H&R Street Performance Coilovers are a safe bet too, at .75" minimum drop in the rear.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news gentlemen! But I hope this clears things up a bit!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 05:07 PM   #4
branabolic
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

that would be awesome if there was a coilover system that could retain stock height at its highest setting. i like the look of a low car, don't get me wrong, but in new england winters you need a bit of ground clearance.