E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Rift in the family because of an auto accident... Who is right?

10-19-2009, 05:15 PM   #45
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

I'll read everyone's responses in a minute, but I think you're entirely right. If she were any other person in the world, she would owe you for wrecking your car. She wasn't even doing you a 'favor' since she was being paid to do so - that's called a job/hire. It sounds as though your neice is a spoiled brat and her father is not up to acting like a parent and explaining to her how the real world works. That is probably why she is a brat to begin with.

She owes you. Done. You shouldn't cave. I think you did more than the responsible/mature thing by giving your brother the money after he accused you of being 'wrapped up in money'. What a dousche. If that were my brother I'd have fought it out with him there, haha. Your brother needs to learn responsibility himself. It's his daughter so if she refused to pay for it, he personally should owe you.