E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Dynamat... the warning

01-15-2007, 01:17 PM   #1
alx4n
Rep
Drives: 325i

Dynamat... the warning

I just installed two dual 12" polk audio subs..

I noticed my gas cover was jumping with the music.. and i thought to myself this cant be good..
sure enough 1 day later the locking mechanism broke and its always open now. Is that a hard repair? I am going to take the locking thing out today and see what's up with it. If i push the cover down and i press lock on my car.. it stays closed.. but as soon as i unlock my car.. cuz i need to get in it afterall..it just opens up again.

This brings me to my next point.. i'm going to dynamat my entire trunk, since i dont have any upgraded speakers in the car, i will only be doing my trunk. Will i see a big improvement vibration wise?

Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #2
Mr. BMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 M3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2018 Jeep Grand Che ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alx4n

I noticed my gas cover was jumping with the music.. and i thought to myself this cant be good..
sure enough 1 day later the locking mechanism broke and its always open now. Is that a hard repair? I am going to take the locking thing out today and see what's up with it. If i push the cover down and i press lock on my car.. it stays closed.. but as soon as i unlock my car.. cuz i need to get in it afterall..it just opens up again.

This brings me to my next point.. i'm going to dynamat my entire trunk, since i dont have any upgraded speakers in the car, i will only be doing my trunk. Will i see a big improvement vibration wise?

Thanks for the help.
I had to use Dynamat in my E46 because the factory subs were causing a rattle in the rear deck. I only did the bottom part of the rear deck and that took care of the problem for the most part. I don't think I would want to do the whole trunk. Start with problem areas and then go from there. This stuff is pretty heavy so why add extra weight to your car if you don't need to?
06 330i Monaco Blue/Black (retired)
02 X5 3.0 Topaz Blue/Black (retired)
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2007, 09:31 PM   #3
SMOKE EM IF U GOT EM!!
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' E90 330, 20' F97 X3m

Garage List
2006 330i SPORT  [7.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alx4n

Thanks for the help.

same prob here. easy fix though. i have an alpine 1500 watt amp w three 10w6v2s and the whole ass of my car dances and jumps now. i love it, though, the lock on my gas door also broke a month ago. lol. the dynamat deff helped, but not a whole lot. the quarters are still jumpin like a one legged man at an ass kicking contest. lol. i bought an extra two or three of the new locks, just in case . but for now, just take the screwdriver out of ur tool kit an pop it out so u dont have to hold the flap when u lock it. u have to pop out one side, hold it, and then pop out the other clip.
heres the link of me venting..lol

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40663

heres the part number.....
8 228 939 2

LIVE FAST..DRIVE FASTER!!
Appreciate 0