E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > I think I have a vacuum leak.

09-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
OneFastE92
You run 11's in a what?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe M-Sport 6MT

I think I have a vacuum leak.

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help me out a little with How do I check for vacuum leaks?

Is there any line or fitting where can I pump some pressure in the system with a gauge and check for pressure loss?

Let's say the leak is very small, would the reading on a boost gauge (vac at idle) fluctuate enough to notice? Should be exactly at 18 in. hg or so at idle if I tee a line off a diverter valve no? (got that number from BMW TIS)

Should I have any faults if there is a leak?

The other day the plastic vac line fitting on my Labonte VC25 broke from vibration and using the think nylon line as a vac line. VC 25 is fixed, but now I'm all noid.

I noticed that with that leak I had, when I would cold start the car it would start with a really low idle, then it would gradually go up and run normal. Also noticed that during normal driving my Tial BOV would sound like a pigeon with a crazy amount of fluttering.