E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > First 3 Mods... Need Tips

10-26-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
FLoRiDa335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

First 3 Mods... Need Tips

I talked to my local SA to see what I can do to keep my CPO and mod at the same time. He said I can add the following. Intake, Intercooler, Exhaust, and BOV. Can anyone in Florida give me some ideas to what is the best options for our climate? I want to order these parts ASAP! Please note that I want a nice clean sound from my Exhaust. (nothing raspy) I didnt buy a SRT4 Neon.

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 06:18 PM   #2
mikeyraw215
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 325i (e90)

I've heard a Borla exhaust on a 335 and it sounded really good, might wanna look into that.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
mikeyraw215
Captain
United_States
Rep

heres a video i found on youtube

[u2b]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=IUmi7M5KluY[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 06:36 PM   #4
FLoRiDa335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Cant see the link...

I did just order the Dual Cone AFE Intake from **********s.com today. There having a 2 day sale and Alan hooked me up with the cheapest price I've seen!

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
adrianBMW99
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

It really depends on what you want out of your car. I would say if you were interested in power, get a catless downpipe (which is the first part of the exhaust) and contains the most power. The rest of the exhaust only makes your car louder and increases exhaust tone, power increases in a catback or midpipe (the last and second part of the exhaust) are very moderate it's more for sound. The BMS dual cone intakes are also a solid performance mod as well and only cost $99, they improve responsiveness and add a few HP's as well. An intercooler is a nice upgrade albeit a costly one and really doesn't do much for you in everyday driving (much more useful for long track days or in conditions where your car generates large amounts of heat), if you are not considering a tune, I wouldn't even waste my money on it. An aftermarket BOV on a 335i is a completely useless mod and it has been proven numerous times that with our car's setup my actual decrease boost and power. People seem to like them for the sound

Hope this helps!

PS - I would go for the intakes and downpipe (unless you want to do full exhaust but it will make your car much louder (drone is also a problem at times while cruising).
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #6
mikeyraw215
Captain
United_States
Rep

Idk y its not working. Here I'll just post the link and u can click it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IUmi7M5KluY
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 11:03 PM   #7
amgeater
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i and W220 S55 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLoRiDa335i View Post
I talked to my local SA to see what I can do to keep my CPO and mod at the same time. He said I can add the following. Intake, Intercooler, Exhaust, and BOV. Can anyone in Florida give me some ideas to what is the best options for our climate? I want to order these parts ASAP! Please note that I want a nice clean sound from my Exhaust. (nothing raspy) I didnt buy a SRT4 Neon.

Intercooler and BOV BIG NO NO NO they will take your warranty away, tell him to put that on writing and make him sign it before you do this kind on mods. cheers !!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 11:05 PM   #8
Marcadelic
Instagram: @Marcadelic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by amgeater View Post
Intercooler and BOV BIG NO NO NO they will take your warranty away, tell him to put that on writing and make him sign it before you do this kind on mods. cheers !!
i've heard of plenty of people going to the dealer with an intercooler, this is one of the things that most people leave on when they go in

| Currrent: 2021 G80 M3 & 2018 X5M Old: F80 / e90 M3 / e92 335i / 335is | Instagram: Marcadelic |
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #9
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
its decision time. either you want power or your warranty. cant have both.

with that out of the way, i would go in this order since you bought vs leased.

Intake
Intercooler
Tune
Catch Can
Downpipes
Exhaust

and thats just engine mods, havent even touched cosmetic or suspension mods.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 08:54 AM   #10
FLA 335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i (SOLD) !!!!!

you can buy my exhaust... AE catless... vroooom!!!
      10-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #11
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Low&Slow

My 4 year warranty is up in January, then starts CPO. If I can get my dealer to give me the go on an exhaust and an intake, I will be one VERY happy camper. I would also be a happy camper if they gave me the oil cooler I rightfully deserve :P You are lucky your dealer gave you the go, just make sure you get it in writing.

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #12
FLoRiDa335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the tips guys.... Unfortunately I specifically asked him about the Downpipes and he said NO!!! As far as the Intercooler goes he said its fine. He actually pointed out 2 335s that were there for service with them installed. I guess my biggest question is what are the best products for the Exhaust and Intercooler?

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 11:59 AM   #13
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Quote:
Cant see the link...

I did just order the Dual Cone AFE Intake from **********s.com today. There having a 2 day sale and Alan hooked me up with the cheapest price I've seen!
Quote:
Thanks for the tips guys.... Unfortunately I specifically asked him about the Downpipes and he said NO!!! As far as the Intercooler goes he said its fine. He actually pointed out 2 335s that were there for service with them installed. I guess my biggest question is what are the best products for the Exhaust and Intercooler?
It was my pleasure helping you out Joseph! In terms of an exhaust, it really comes down to what you're looking to spend and what type of system you want. Are you looking for a cat-back exhaust or are you looking for an axle back exhaust?

I know that one of your main concerns is that you do not want the a raspy exhaust. With that in mind, I would recommend for you to check out the REMUS US Sound Race Exhaust for your car! REMUS is the world's largest manufacturer of aftermarket automobile sport exhaust; I.S.O. 9001 and T.U.V. approved O.E.M. supplier to BMW, Mercedes, AMG, Porsche, Ducati, allowing them access to shared CAD files for fully automated quick and accurate fitment. As well, back pressure calculations and sound testing in a highly sophisticated audio dyno room. Our dyno results as an O.E.M. supplier must be accurate. Dyno results are 'bolt on' only, with no complimentary modifications. Here's a video clip of the REMUS US Sound Race Exhaust for you to check out!

I would recommend that you check out the AMS FMIC. The AMS BMW 135/335 Front Mount Intercooler is the best performing direct bolt on you can buy. Simply by bolting on this intercooler on a stock car you can expect over 10 wheel horsepower gains. cars running increased boost due to a tune have seen 40 plus wheel horsepower near redline! This intercooler has over 49% more internal flow area than its stock counterpart, works with the stock piping and only requires small trimming to the plastic bumper support.

Either way I'll shoot you over a PM with more details!

- Alan
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #14
Loco Goose
Rep
Drives: Space Gray 335

IMO

[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/Burger%20MS/mini-335i_boost_gauge_1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/BMS/JB3_PLUGnPLAY.jpg[/IMG]

3. which you already ordered
[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/AFE%20Intake/CFMGain.jpg[/IMG]

Alan & Kevin are definitely awesome for these parts
      10-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #15
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s.com View Post
It was my pleasure helping you out Joseph! In terms of an exhaust, it really comes down to what you're looking to spend and what type of system you want. Are you looking for a cat-back exhaust or are you looking for an axle back exhaust?

I know that one of your main concerns is that you do not want the a raspy exhaust. With that in mind, I would recommend for you to check out the REMUS US Sound Race Exhaust for your car! REMUS is the world's largest manufacturer of aftermarket automobile sport exhaust; I.S.O. 9001 and T.U.V. approved O.E.M. supplier to BMW, Mercedes, AMG, Porsche, Ducati, allowing them access to shared CAD files for fully automated quick and accurate fitment. As well, back pressure calculations and sound testing in a highly sophisticated audio dyno room. Our dyno results as an O.E.M. supplier must be accurate. Dyno results are 'bolt on' only, with no complimentary modifications. Here's a video clip of the REMUS US Sound Race Exhaust for you to check out!

I would recommend that you check out the AMS FMIC. The AMS BMW 135/335 Front Mount Intercooler is the best performing direct bolt on you can buy. Simply by bolting on this intercooler on a stock car you can expect over 10 wheel horsepower gains. cars running increased boost due to a tune have seen 40 plus wheel horsepower near redline! This intercooler has over 49% more internal flow area than its stock counterpart, works with the stock piping and only requires small trimming to the plastic bumper support.

Either way I'll shoot you over a PM with more details!

- Alan
thats a hell of a sales pitch there, Alan.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #16
FLoRiDa335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco Goose View Post
IMO

[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/Burger%20MS/mini-335i_boost_gauge_1.jpg[/IMG]
Thats pretty clean if you ask me... I will look into that one even though it wont make me faster lol

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #17
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep

What's the point of a boost gauge if you have no mods?

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #18
Loco Goose
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWorNOTHING View Post
What's the point of a boost gauge if you have no mods?
Quote:
      10-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #19
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco Goose View Post
You pretend like you are going to see significant boost changes with only an intake.

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #20
Loco Goose
Rep

Quote:
You pretend like you are going to see significant boost changes with only an intake.
never said anything about that

only was recommending what I would buy & have bought for my car
      10-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #21
Loco Goose
Rep

but then again, if I was only going to put aluminum pedals on my car, I probably wouldn't by the boost gauge

just saying
      10-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #22
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
Quote:
technically he is right. A boost gauge is more important.
Appreciate 0