E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Cancelled 335xi Sedan Order Today

04-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #45
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
My World is Crumbling!!!! I swear the lights were not on the sedan. Also, I guess Saddle is not that different from Terra....this shouldn't be a problem.....

Still the right choice for me.
Terra is much better looking that saddle IMO. Sorry; you're getting a coupe and it's much cooler than a sedan anyway so keep you're chin up!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2007, 01:31 PM   #46
ibd12nv
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Rep
Drives: 335I, E46 M3, X5M

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry626 View Post
Sedan also has the same 3 bars of lights too!
x2 I think it make me happy too No, really it does. I was watching them while my wife played with the nav and had her foot on the brake.

I wanted the coupe too, but could not wait and when offered a great deal I gave. Been happy ever since.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #47
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag824 View Post
Terra is much better looking that saddle IMO. Sorry; you're getting a coupe and it's much cooler than a sedan anyway so keep you're chin up!
Thanks bud.... I went on the configurator (to see what it would look like) and I am going to change my pre-order to Coral Red Leather instead of Saddle.....
      04-01-2007, 04:23 PM   #48
blingbling
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi coupe 6 MT

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Hey, great move... dude.

I just got my E92 and I love it... My E90 was a sedan and I'm so glad I got the coupe this time!!!

Alpine White/Beige/6MT/E92 328xi coupe
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2007, 04:24 PM   #49
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

t-bone, can you get the M-sport pack up there in canada?

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2007, 04:35 PM   #50
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
t-bone, can you get the M-sport pack up there in canada?
Don't know yet....but if I can, it is going on.....

The only options that I will refuse to put on is bluetooth and active steering. While I appreciate the technology, both detract from the driving experience.
      04-02-2007, 07:12 AM   #51
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:

The only options that I will refuse to put on is bluetooth and active steering. While I appreciate the technology, both detract from the driving experience.

do yourself a favor, drive the car both with and without active steering and then make the decision. active steering is one of those options that after having driven an active steering car, i won't look back.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2007, 09:32 AM   #52
EDK99
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E85 M

Quote:
D
Ok I can see active steering but bluetooth? How on earth does bluetooth detract from the driving experience?? Don't you want to have two hands on the wheel when you are flying around the corner and your girlfriend calls??

Ed
      04-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #53
MrSilver
Judge Advocate General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
I didn't know you could order the e92 335i in X (all-wheel drive).

'07 E92 335i "Over-Heating" and "Blowing Up" since 9-5-06
6MT, Space Gray, Gray w/ Dakota Leather, Dark Burl, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW
Comfort Access, Sirius Satellite (Howard is not optional)

'07 X3 3.0si - Black on Black, ZPP, ZCW, Step. - Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #54
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK_335i View Post
Ok I can see active steering but bluetooth? How on earth does bluetooth detract from the driving experience?? Don't you want to have two hands on the wheel when you are flying around the corner and your girlfriend calls??

Ed
Even with Bluetooth, I find it distracting to carry on a conversation while driving. Especially if you're involved with a customer trying to resolve a problem. Unless it's an absolute emergency, I will let the incoming call go to voice mail while I'm driving.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2007, 10:39 AM   #55
HereAgain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:

How does Active Steering "detract" from the driving experience?

I drove a 328i loaner without it and it felt to me like I was driving a John Deere.

Now that I've driven with it for almost 2 years I wouldn't want to go without it.

For me, it definitely enhances the driving experience.

Also, I'm curious how bluetooth effects your driving experience?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Active Steering Article - European Car July 06.pdf (12.9 KB, 72 views)
File Type: pdf Active Steering Explained.pdf (163.4 KB, 82 views)
      04-02-2007, 11:02 AM   #56
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK_335i View Post

Ed

I don't know about you guys....I hate when I get calls when I am out driving. Driving is a pure experience, not to be interrupted specially by girlfriends.
      04-02-2007, 11:29 AM   #57
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereAgain View Post
How does Active Steering "detract" from the driving experience?

I drove a 328i loaner without it and it felt to me like I was driving a John Deere.

Now that I've driven with it for almost 2 years I wouldn't want to go without it.

For me, it definitely enhances the driving experience.

Also, I'm curious how bluetooth effects your driving experience?

You guys are free to accuse me of being old-school..... But as a former Porsche track junkie, the fewer things between me and the contact patch is almost always better. My old school 944 Turbo race car had a simple rack & pinion steering rack, no traction control and no ABS and the car felt great.

I know these active safety devices are saving lives but I also feel these things are taking away from the driving experience and worse, it is a crutch for many people and they don't develop the driving skills. For example, with today's stability control, anybody can dump their cars into a corner and they will usually be OK, but this is also slow.

To go around fast, you need to oversteer, drift a little and throttle steer.....if you cannot feel your car's butt or the Big Brother system intervenes too early, you can't go fast nor do you learn how to drive at 9/10s and 10/10s.

I realize that not everyone races / tracks their car but we are turning into a group of automatons relying on driver's aids.....

Bluetooth - don't bug me when I am driving.

**** Edit **** See http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54249

Last edited by T Bone; 04-02-2007 at 12:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #58
Inkidoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

I like the Coupe too, but there is something I can't resist about a car. The fact that people stop at a light to race you, and later, the emotion of surprising them when the car pulls out leaving them behind. It might be a silly thing, maybe a 0-50MPG mini race, but it involves so much when the person you are racing does not expect the car to outperform. Same happened when I had my miata, people stopped at the traffic lights with a "just a miata" attitude. Off course, you might not win all the time, but for the pure excitement of having a car that looks okey, but runs much better than what you expect, even if it is not that fast. I would like to drive the 335xi Sedan, for even more surprises. But your car will an excellent buy. Enjoy it.
|| 335i Sedan || Montego Blue || Black Leather || Aluminum Trim || Sport Package || STEPTRONIC || Paddle Shifters || BWM Assist/Bluetooth || Park Distance Control || Comfort Access || Navigation System || Satellite Radio ||
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #59
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: can't list them all

[QUOTE=335idrive;822166]I was thinking about waiting for the 335xi, but they told me it wouldn't have the paddle shifters, and plus, i'm an impatient bastard. Very happy with rwd though...

How and where did you find out about that. This might be a deterrent for me, I want the XI but I also want the paddle shifters:mad:
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2007, 10:10 PM   #60
theroyalwe
BMW CA
United_States
Rep
Drives: MINI, all BMW's

[QUOTE=Evo8MRto335I;827087]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335idrive View Post
I was thinking about waiting for the 335xi, but they told me it wouldn't have the paddle shifters, and plus, i'm an impatient bastard. Very happy with rwd though...
Quote:

How and where did you find out about that. This might be a deterrent for me, I want the XI but I also want the paddle shifters:mad:
I'm not exactly sure, but it was in a bulletin we got about the xi... paddle shifters apparently are a no-go with the xdrive system.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2007, 11:07 PM   #61
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

[quote=Evo8MRto335I;827087]
Quote:
I was thinking about waiting for the 335xi, but they told me it wouldn't have the paddle shifters, and plus, i'm an impatient bastard. Very happy with rwd though...
Quote:

They have definitely removed the paddles from the 2007 335XI sedan. When I originally ordered sedan, I asked if SMG was available (real SMG) and my salesguy definitely said no SMG and no Paddles for the automatic.

Not going to happen on the XI.
      04-03-2007, 12:05 AM   #62
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Talking No sport package either on XI cars.

I just talked to my CA and he said they can't order ZSP on XI models. BMW wont do it, thats why you get no paddles either. Apparently they don't want bad press for their XI models, so they wont hamper its abilities by adding ZSP. Apparently they are making a big push to beat Audi at the AWD game, and thats why they are concerned about ZSP on an XI. Go figure.
      04-03-2007, 06:10 AM   #63
scb
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d

by zsp do you mean sports package? or just sports suspension?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2007, 07:37 AM   #64
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
I just talked to my CA and he said they can't order ZSP on XI models. BMW wont do it, thats why you get no paddles either. Apparently they don't want bad press for their XI models, so they wont hamper its abilities by adding ZSP. Apparently they are making a big push to beat Audi at the AWD game, and thats why they are concerned about ZSP on an XI. Go figure.

I have yet to drive an Audi with a better suspension than a BMW.

The speculation is that BMW doesn't want X Drive to suffer as a result from the sports suspension???
      04-03-2007, 09:05 AM   #65
bimmerFUD
Free Your Heel
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
This makes no sense. Whst on the ZSP for XIs would give it "bad press?"

I bet the next thing he's going to tell you is he just happens to have an E90 335xi coming in next week (no ZSP, of course).

Get another CA.
Appreciate 0