E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > 08 335xi Keeps Having Problems!!!

09-23-2010, 11:23 PM   #23
335Bimmer
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi E90

Angry ongoing engine problems with 335xi

Having the same problems with my 08 335xi - has been at the dealership for the last 12 days (updated software, changed HPFP, changed injectors) and still not running properly. Telling me they are working with BMW Canada on each of their next steps. Last year, had all injectors, spark plugs and vanos solenoid replaced and some intake for the turbos. Just want them to buy the car back
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 01:41 AM   #24
Pedestrian A
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335Bimmer View Post
Having the same problems with my 08 335xi - has been at the dealership for the last 12 days (updated software, changed HPFP, changed injectors) and still not running properly. Telling me they are working with BMW Canada on each of their next steps. Last year, had all injectors, spark plugs and vanos solenoid replaced and some intake for the turbos. Just want them to buy the car back
I can feel your pain... Dealers can't do much because of BMW Canada procedures. Dealers have to follow what BMW says on repair to get paid. To me, it's the poorly designed BMW diagnostic plan that take too much time between BMW and dealers for communication. I would say blame BMW Canada!

From my conversation with BMW Canada, they don't buy back any car. After several phone calls, they are willing to provide some compensation on the days the car being out of service. That's not the best solution but it is a fair deal. Just be polite when talking with the person on the phone and there always a solution. Finger crossed and hope my car will not break down again anytime soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 02:59 AM   #25
m-technik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335, E36 Ti, Porsche 986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian A View Post
I can feel your pain... Dealers can't do much because of BMW Canada procedures. Dealers have to follow what BMW says on repair to get paid. To me, it's the poorly designed BMW diagnostic plan that take too much time between BMW and dealers for communication. I would say blame BMW Canada!

From my conversation with BMW Canada, they don't buy back any car. After several phone calls, they are willing to provide some compensation on the days the car being out of service. That's not the best solution but it is a fair deal. Just be polite when talking with the person on the phone and there always a solution. Finger crossed and hope my car will not break down again anytime soon.
My 335 was in the shop for 4 weeks after only owning it for 2. After many complaints, Bmw Canada refunded me 1 month lease payments. Rightfully so, since i didnt even get to drive the car for the entire month!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 12:16 AM   #26
Pedestrian A
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335xi

How's everyone? Bumping up this old thread because my car was at the shop again after 4 1/2 months in problem free condition. The car was atthe dealer for two weeks the check engine light returned with misfire codes again. The engine vibrates badly and sounds like a diesel engine. This time the dealer replaced another rubber head gasket and another set of fuel injectors. Funny thing is those parts were replaced last August/September and they failed already. I drove the car for a few days after the repair and it seems fine but the engine still silly hesitate every once a while. Hopefully the car will survive for six more months until the lease ends.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #27
Bimmer Al
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335xi Coupe MSport, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Al View Post
9100kms thus far and nothing wrong...knock on wood.
16, 570 kms..nothing.....yet
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #28
deeslk
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 15 M235, 11 E90 335i M-Sport

Wow, well I am positive it will be fine till lease end.. I had a similar situation with BMW Canada years ago with my E46 328i, basically a cracked cyl head twice. The last year I owned it, it was in for repairs twice for a total time wasted of 3 month. BMW Canada didn't do anything for me at the time and it was all under warranty. Owned it from 00 to 04.

Anyway I know exactly how you feel just squirming at the feeling the engine light will come on.

Good luck... and so what are you planning to do at least end.
Appreciate 0