E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > OMG road rage karma

02-04-2022, 04:37 PM   #199
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
The fact that the Accord driver's behavior behind the wheel was significantly more egregious alludes to him/her being the antagonist.
This is pure speculation.

Last edited by ///MPhatic; 02-04-2022 at 04:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 04:41 PM   #200
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 6MT M2, 22 PFinder, 24 Truk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
Look, not trying to take sides here but I have no idea how you can state this. It’s pretty clear from the video the Accord had been driving recklessly for quite awhile. Should the truck have done what he/she did, absolutely not. Did the truck cause the person in the Accord to do what they did? No, that is squarely on the Accord driver.

FWIW, had I been in the truck, I would’ve pulled over and let them by while calling 911 to report them.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan26687.00
      02-04-2022, 04:43 PM   #201
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Not really, like I said, the carcam guy recounted what happened. In short, Accord was driving poorly already and then met up w the truck in the 2nd video and you can see that the Accord tried to squeeze in and that's when the truck brake-checked him. They didn't meet before that.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan26687.00
      02-04-2022, 04:45 PM   #202
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Look, not trying to take sides here but I have no idea how you can state this. It’s pretty clear from the video the Accord had been driving recklessly for quite awhile. Should the truck have done what he/she did, absolutely not. Did the truck cause the person in the Accord to do what they did? No, that is squarely on the Accord driver.

FWIW, had I been in the truck, I would’ve pulled over and let them by while calling 911 to report them.
The speculation is what happened before the video started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Not really, like I said, the carcam guy recounted what happened. In short, Accord was driving poorly already and then met up w the truck in the 2nd video and you can see that the Accord tried to squeeze in and that's when the truck brake-checked him. They didn't meet before that.
See my comment above.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 04:53 PM   #203
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The speculation is what happened before the video started.

See my comment above.
Ok, you lost me, what are you saying is being speculated at? I can only go by what carcam dude said, which is that the Accord was driving crazily, almost hitting him, and this was before Accord was tailgating the Merc and coming up to the truck.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
minn1914524.50
      02-04-2022, 05:13 PM   #204
magnetic1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Pair E46M3 and F80

Hi everyone... it's me. Fellow bimmerpost member.

I keep having to update my post on my blog because it's so hard to keep track of where I replied.

https://brakeswapracing.blogspot.com...palisades.html

This freaking video has blown up and I cant read everything above. Just wanted to say that the Accord was weaving behind me, then tailgated me. Before I could even move out of the left lane, he weaved between me and a car I was passing, then the YT video starts somewhere around there.

I was in the left lane because cars were coming up on that exit and I was passing. You can see me gaining on the black Merc in the right lane and we all woulda been fine and passed if the truck hadnt brake checked and then started doing his thing. I was nowhere near expecting a crash like that. Ive said it elsewhere that I never want any physical harm to come onto anyone and everyone I know will tell you that. My voice was satirical and I was "in character" for the impending Waze speed trap. The "cheering" blurted out . It is what it is and I agree that now, afterwards, it appears in poor form.

If you look up this dude's court history, it seems he already had a Fail To Appear for a Careless Driving from 11/2021. It wasnt his first time and it just caught up to him here.

Finally, the PIP made a statement and appears the guy only had minor injuries and for that, I am grateful.

https://dailyvoice.com/new-jersey/en...ashcam/825430/
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan26687.00
chowser512099.50
      02-04-2022, 05:32 PM   #205
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic1 View Post

I keep having to update my post on my blog because it's so hard to keep track of where I replied.

This freaking video has blown up and I cant read everything above. Just wanted to say that the Accord was weaving behind me, then tailgated me. Before I could even move out of the left lane, he weaved between me and a car I was passing, then the YT video starts somewhere around there.

I was in the left lane because cars were coming up on that exit and I was passing. You can see me gaining on the black Merc in the right lane and we all woulda been fine and passed if the truck hadnt brake checked and then started doing his thing. I was nowhere near expecting a crash like that. Ive said it elsewhere that I never want any physical harm to come onto anyone and everyone I know will tell you that. My voice was satirical and I was "in character" for the impending Waze speed trap. The "cheering" blurted out . It is what it is and I agree that now, afterwards, it appears in poor form.

If you look up this dude's court history, it seems he already had a Fail To Appear for a Careless Driving from 11/2021. It wasnt his first time and it just caught up to him here.

Finally, the PIP made a statement and appears the guy only had minor injuries and for that, I am grateful.

WOW, you're racer.wong.shooterwong, the man himself!
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan26687.00
      02-04-2022, 05:36 PM   #206
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
The fact that the Accord driver's behavior behind the wheel was significantly more egregious alludes to him/her being the antagonist.
What is SPECULATIVE about what is displayed for everybody to see via video evidence? There's nothing speculative about who's driving behavior is more egregious in either video.
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2022, 05:40 PM   #207
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:

Thanks for that. As I speculated/surmised/suspected based on what is depicted at the beginning of both videos, the driver of the Accord is/was the aggressor/antagonist. The fact that he has a history of similar driving behavior is icing on the proverbial cake. Case closed!
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2022, 05:41 PM   #208
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Quote:
Ok, you lost me, what are you saying is being speculated at? I can only go by what carcam dude said, which is that the Accord was driving crazily, almost hitting him, and this was before Accord was tailgating the Merc and coming up to the truck.
I was only saying that what happened before the video started is speculation. None of us were there to see it start, so it could be either party that started it. But we certainly see who finished it .

Quote:
What is SPECULATIVE about what is displayed for everybody to see via video evidence? There's nothing speculative about who's driving behavior is more egregious in either video.
See my comment above. I was only speaking about things that none of us were there to see.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 06:06 PM   #209
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I was only saying that what happened before the video started is speculation. None of us were there to see it start, so it could be either party that started it. But we certainly see who finished it .

See my comment above. I was only speaking about things that none of us were there to see.
Yes, but like I said, I was just repeating what the carcam guy said about what happened before the video started. Did you not read his post here? You can ask him directly if you wish.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan26687.00
      02-04-2022, 08:00 PM   #210
shiftdnb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328dx

Garage List
Quote:
Another type of accident I see REALLY often is the type caused by a motorist pulling out of a gas station or other business establishment and into traffic lanes. Keep in mind that if an accident occurs, the driver of the vehicle entering traffic is always at fault. It doesn't matter if the other party is speeding, etc.; they have dominion/right of way over the lane. It is the responsibility of the driver entering lanes of travel to make sure it is done safely. Lately it has been the Amazon truck drivers pulling out of gas stations and crossing multiple lanes in an attempt to get to the far left turning lane. On one occasion a motorcyclist died because of it.
This happened to me twice today where if I wasn't paying attention and spotted it before they actually did it I would have hit them. We just had a ton of snow and two cars turning right from a red light. As soon as I saw them nose out from behind the snow banks I knew they were pulling out because they didn't want to get stuck in the snow so I switched lanes. Sure enough both did and thankfully they didn't pull out into the far lane on me.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 08:09 PM   #211
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i, 2024 GLC300

Both the truck and Accord drivers could have been cooperative and patient.

Both = Fail.

Expert ultracrepidarian
Appreciate 3
///MPhatic14950.50
shiftdnb379.00
Dino GT35063.50
      02-04-2022, 08:47 PM   #212
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Quote:
Yes, but like I said, I was just repeating what the carcam guy said about what happened before the video started. Did you not read his post here? You can ask him directly if you wish.
Yes, I read it. I was only saying that it's possible the truck did something to the Accord earlier, before Magnegic saw it, and the Accord caught up to him in a rage type of situation. I've seen this happen in traffic before, and the way the person in the Accord was driving, it seemed to me that he wasn't just in a hurry, but may have had an agenda.

Regardless, this conversation has taught me a lot, and I appreciate all the comments, especially those from Sedan_Clan .
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan26687.00
      02-04-2022, 09:31 PM   #213
magnetic1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Pair E46M3 and F80

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I read it. I was only saying that it's possible the truck did something to the Accord earlier, before Magnegic saw it, and the Accord caught up to him in a rage type of situation. I've seen this happen in traffic before, and the way the person in the Accord was driving, it seemed to me that he wasn't just in a hurry, but may have had an agenda.

Regardless, this conversation has taught me a lot, and I appreciate all the comments, especially those from Sedan_Clan .
I can safely say the Raptor was on the scene well before. He was in sight of me well before I got on the Parkway. The Accord definitely came on the Parkway later. He came up on me like he had just gotten on the parkway. Then was on my ass while I was passing someone. Pretty sure around that time the Raptor seems him doing dumb stuff trying to pass me and the car next to me and decides to mess with the Accord after he squeezes by me and traffic. This is the first brake check that nearly causes me and the Accord to get together. After that I backed away a good bit and just watched.
Appreciate 2
///MPhatic14950.50
      02-04-2022, 09:31 PM   #214
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I suppose it's possible but doesn't seem probable. They're on a highway, so if they were going at it, how the heck did they get separated long enough for carcam guy not to notice? Anyway, not sure why some ppl insist upon going w this agenda of downplaying/justifying the Accord's aggression. This is akin to one of those cop shooting an unarmed African...do we really need to see what happened previously? Really?

Ya, this thread has been informative and scary that many ppl have a lot to learn, esp considering the amount of +1s given to the 2nd post basically saying that the biggest prb was the truck(!).
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan26687.00
      02-04-2022, 09:37 PM   #215
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Quote:
I can safely say the Raptor was on the scene well before. He was in sight of me well before I got on the Parkway. The Accord definitely came on the Parkway later.
I've been accused of giving people the benefit of the doubt more than I should, and it appears that this instance is no different.
Appreciate 3
Tyga113415.00
Sedan_Clan26687.00
      02-04-2022, 10:08 PM   #216
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I suppose it's possible but doesn't seem probable. They're on a highway, so if they were going at it, how the heck did they get separated long enough for carcam guy not to notice? Anyway, not sure why some ppl insist upon going w this agenda of downplaying/justifying the Accord's aggression. This is akin to one of those cop shooting an unarmed African...do we really need to see what happened previously? Really?

Ya, this thread has been informative and scary that many ppl have a lot to learn, esp considering the amount of +1s given to the 2nd post basically saying that the biggest prb was the truck(!).
We absolutely do, because there is context when we discuss the genesis of an OIS incident. Just because the individual was found to be unarmed doesn't mean they didn't present themselves to be armed (…or we didn't receive reports that the individual was armed). Don't let media spin or the color of their skin direct you away from the core reason(s) behind the incident. The media loves to use race to fuel a narrative. People are like bees to honey any time race comes into play.

You have to understand that officers don't just miraculously "show up" and end up in an OIS. It all [usually] begins with a call to dispatch by the informant or other named party reporting a crime. The dispatcher/call taker asks all of the relevant questions, one of them being, "Does the individual have any weapons or were any weapons seen?" The answer to that question dictates the type of officer response. From there we investigate prior criminal history, give the commands on scene, etc. etc. and it's at that point the suspect/subject begins to dictate what ultimately happens. When was the last time somebody totally innocent and without a criminal record got shot by police (..the accidental shootings like what occurred in L.A. a couple of months ago notwithstanding)?!? It RARELY happens. The people we [unfortunately] end up shooting aren't your regular Jane or Joe Schmoe. The vast majority of the population only deals with law enforcement in simple traffic stop scenarios and never see the back of a patrol car (…or end up with pistols pointed in their direction).
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2022, 10:13 PM   #217
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I can safely say the Raptor was on the scene well before. He was in sight of me well before I got on the Parkway. The Accord definitely came on the Parkway later.
I've been accused of giving people the benefit of the doubt more than I should, and it appears that this instance is no different.
There's an old axiom that goes something like, "When people tell/show you who they are, believe them."
Appreciate 2
///MPhatic14950.50
      02-04-2022, 10:24 PM   #218
shiftdnb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You're still on this huh? I still stand by my statement. One person was putting peoples lives in danger. The truck didn't need to get involved making two people now putting peoples lives in danger. He is also the one using other people to attempt to stop the Accord from passing and that in my eyes caused the most danger. Not only that he leaves the scene. You can stop with the theatrics. The fact is it's scary you seem to think the truck didn't do anything really wrong because you keep bringing this up.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 10:28 PM   #219
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdnb View Post
Quote:
You're still on this huh? I still stand by my statement. One person was putting peoples lives in danger. The truck didn't need to get involved making two people now putting peoples lives in danger. He is also the one using other people to attempt to stop the Accord from passing and that in my eyes caused the most danger. Not only that he leaves the scene. You can stop with the theatrics. The fact is it's scary you seem to think the truck didn't do anything really wrong because you keep bringing this up.
I have stated this multiple times. He WAS NOT REQUIRED to remain on scene. He WAS NOT involved in the collision. That was a solo vehicle traffic collision.
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2022, 10:32 PM   #220
shiftdnb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have stated this multiple times. He WAS NOT REQUIRED to remain on scene. He WAS NOT involved in the collision. That was a solo vehicle traffic collision.
Second video 58 seconds, contact with the vehicle.
Appreciate 0