E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > DYNAVIN N6 Multimedia GPS System, New for 2015....OFFICIAL THREAD>>>>

09-30-2014, 07:11 PM   #309
hau_u
Rep
Drives: pre-lci e90

Is real time traffic (like waze) available for this device? If not, is there any aftermarket system that would have such feature? thx
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 11:10 PM   #310
Ph0zenstone
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e X-Drive

Waze would be awesome but unfortunately it doesn't have such feature
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 03:02 AM   #311
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Anyone else think the 'Warning Tone' volume is waaaayy too loud?

I can't find any way to lower the volume & it is hella loud

I realize it can be turned Off, but most other menu items dealing with sound have an individual slider control for that particular item volume - except the Warning Tone...

Has nothing to do with radio volume either, as I can have the radio turned all the way down & Warning Tone is still too loud - hell you can hear it down the street
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 07:03 AM   #312
jeffb335
Rep
Drives: BMW

The warning tone volume is the same as the pdc volume. So adjust the pdc slider and you should be set.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 07:28 AM   #313
mikey G
Sloppy Seconds
United_States
Rep
Drives: E28/ Tiguan

Reposting because it seems to have gotten overlooked. I am ready to order but I can't find solid answers in regards to these few questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey G View Post
This thread has been very helpful and I believe i'm now going to purchase the N6. I do have a few questions reguarding installation and integration of current features.

1) For someone with very limited knowledge on any sort of headunit installation/ wiring is this a job that can be accomplished relatively easy? The general consensus seems to be that it is rather easy, however, time consuming.

2) I also purchased a 10" sub w/ amp. Does the N6 require anything more then me running the ground/ power for the amp and then the sub to the Headunit?

3)Is the N6 100% plug and play? I have the Logic 7 so I understand I will need to purchase the MOST module as well.

4) From my understanding I will regain steering wheel button functionality, however, will I keep the functionality of the OEM Auxiliary port inside my arm rest?

Again i'm sure this is covered somewhere but it's possible I missed it.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 07:48 AM   #314
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb335 View Post
The warning tone volume is the same as the pdc volume. So adjust the pdc slider and you should be set.
Ah, well I never would have guessed that - thought if warning was adjustable it would have it's own slider

So do I have to turn the PDC On for the volume to be adjustable?

At any rate, thanx for the usual quick reply
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #315
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Reposting because it seems to have gotten overlooked. I am ready to order but I can't find solid answers in regards to these few questions.
Well, I can answer some:
  1. Install/wiring of N6 itself is not hard at all (PnP) & follow the mechanical install tips @ beginning of this thread, but be forewarned, if you plan on installing a Rear Camera - that will need to be wired up accordingly, lines run thru trunk in to car, thru car to dash as per my Rear Camera writeup earlier in this thread. Also, it is best if you run constant power wire for N6 back to the battery - that again is going to require taking apart the car to run the line - nothing hard, but just need to take care removing panels with clips if you have never done it before to make sure you don't break anything
  2. Can't say for sure as this is not an issue with my install
  3. Yes & Yes
  4. No, the USB/Aux in the armrest will no longer be functional, unless you go to trouble of finding the correct style cable with Fakra one end/USB other & wiring from N6 Media USB line to armrest port.

I found it so much easier just to buy the USB Remote Port/Extended setup from Jeff and run it to my console (available on his site). I have pics of that install earlier in this thread also...
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 10:14 AM   #316
jeffb335
Rep

Quote:

2) I also purchased a 10" sub w/ amp. Does the N6 require anything more then me running the ground/ power for the amp and then the sub to the Headunit?
Nothing special or unusual about using a dynavin with a sub, amp, etc.... It's got rca outputs and a remote turn on wire like any other aftermarket head unit. So all standard amp installation procedures apply.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 10:19 AM   #317
jeffb335
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Ah, well I never would have guessed that - thought if warning was adjustable it would have it's own slider

So do I have to turn the PDC On for the volume to be adjustable?

At any rate, thanx for the usual quick reply
No PDC does not need to be on, that slider applies to both pdc and warning tones regardless of which ones you have turned on.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 10:46 AM   #318
mikey G
Sloppy Seconds
United_States
Rep
Drives: E28/ Tiguan

Thank you guys for the reply. Jeff thank you for the e-mail as well. I overlooked the response.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #319
kepowers
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Hey Jeff. I was just about to pull the trigger on a technic logic7 harness this week so I could add a sub to my setup when I happened across this thread.

Just curious - are there any advantages/disadvantages to wiring the sub directly to the head unit vs using the technic harness in conjunction with logic7? My initial thoughts are that the only negative being the actual process of wiring the rca cables all the way to the head unit. The positives would be that A) it saves money since i don't have to buy a harness and B) it would be nice to control the sub output levels through the unit itself rather than a separate volume knob.

Curious though - has anyone successfully done this yet? I scoured the forum last night researching, but I have that weird feeling that I overlooked somewhere that the unit does either MOST or RCA (and not both). I hope someone can confirm otherwise.

Thanks to everyone for their support on these forums (especially you Jeff). I purchased a dynavin several years ago for my e46. The only thing that has held me back from getting one for my 335 is logic7 compatibility. But I can say without these threads I would have many unanswered questions that would ultimately sway me from purchasing these awesome toys.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 03:29 PM   #320
n.baker
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 328xi

Hey Jeff, I went on a long road trip this past weekend and everything was working great. Reverse cam, GPS, everything. I was so stoked about the system but today my reverse cam works intermittently and so does the volume and skip track buttons on my steering wheel which is super weird. Nothing has been touched since the weekend. Any idea what could be the cause of that? I tried a reset but the issue stays.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 03:45 PM   #321
jeffb335
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepowers View Post
Hey Jeff. I was just about to pull the trigger on a technic logic7 harness this week so I could add a sub to my setup when I happened across this thread.

Just curious - are there any advantages/disadvantages to wiring the sub directly to the head unit vs using the technic harness in conjunction with logic7? My initial thoughts are that the only negative being the actual process of wiring the rca cables all the way to the head unit. The positives would be that A) it saves money since i don't have to buy a harness and B) it would be nice to control the sub output levels through the unit itself rather than a separate volume knob.

Curious though - has anyone successfully done this yet? I scoured the forum last night researching, but I have that weird feeling that I overlooked somewhere that the unit does either MOST or RCA (and not both). I hope someone can confirm otherwise.

Thanks to everyone for their support on these forums (especially you Jeff). I purchased a dynavin several years ago for my e46. The only thing that has held me back from getting one for my 335 is logic7 compatibility. But I can say without these threads I would have many unanswered questions that would ultimately sway me from purchasing these awesome toys.
The Technic harness you are considering (the "add a sub" one I assume) is primarily for adding a sub to an otherwise stock system.

If you are putting a dynavin in just run a set of RCAs to the amp, they will plug into the sub output RCAs on the dynavin and will allow you to adjust sub level from the dynavin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.baker View Post
Hey Jeff, I went on a long road trip this past weekend and everything was working great. Reverse cam, GPS, everything. I was so stoked about the system but today my reverse cam works intermittently and so does the volume and skip track buttons on my steering wheel which is super weird. Nothing has been touched since the weekend. Any idea what could be the cause of that? I tried a reset but the issue stays.
All of those functions are Canbus interface related. Check the connection on the box, remove and reseat the plug, check the wiring going to the box for damage.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #322
RoamPT
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb335 View Post
Anytime something is working, you take it apart and put it back together, and then its not working......time to go back and check your work, something got screwed up somewhere....

the camera is powered by the reverse light, the E9X reverse trigger is done via the canbus box (so you dont have to do anything there) and there is a video cable between the camera and the dynavin. The dynavin has a reverse setting in the system settings menu that needs to be set depending on your setup. Thats it.
Yea it was one of the power wires that broke because i has to pull it hard to slide through the rubber sleeve with all the wires on the trunk boot. Anyway it was fixed and it works but i get the tv lines so i have to do the relay friday or saturday. Anyway whats the best spot to connect the ground from the relay?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 06:47 PM   #323
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamPT View Post
Yea it was one of the power wires that broke because i has to pull it hard to slide through the rubber sleeve with all the wires on the trunk boot. Anyway it was fixed and it works but i get the tv lines so i have to do the relay friday or saturday. Anyway whats the best spot to connect the ground from the relay?
Obviously you didn't look how to pull the wires thru very easily in my post earlier in this thread detailing rear camera install

I took the camera ground to behind bolt on battery hold down bracket, nearest the inside of the fender - no lines on my picture wired to reverse circuit with No relay.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 06:40 AM   #324
vasman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d (E92)

I know it has been answered before that iPhone 6 works with Dynavin as per the previous devices, however I need to ask this:

today I paired my new iPhone 6 with Dynavin N6, no issues at all there, however when I started streaming music via A2DP it was very intermittent and actually not able to use. The stream had loads of distortion and at some points it was also stopping, different songs tried also. My iPhone 5 was working great with A2DP streaming.

Just to make sure if its only me or anyone else experienced this before I start more detailed troubleshooting
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 07:11 AM   #325
jeffb335
Rep

No, not normal, Reboot your iPhone.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #326
jeffb335
Rep

So you guys left me alone long enough yesterday that I was finally able to work on my car a bit.....

A little off topic here but its my thread so tough luck....

I got an iphone6 a couple weeks ago and with the new larger size, my phone will no longer fit in the little storage bin behind the shifter. My phone has been sliding around since, looking for a new home. I started propping it up in the ashtray area and that gave me an idea.

I got the metra 98-9306 button relocator kit and a lighting to USB adapter (the isimple one we sell on our site)

I experimented a bit to figure out the exact right position phone and plug so that the phone would be stable and "cradled" by the contours of the dash plastics and would be easily accessible.....I settled on offsetting it to the drivers side although centering it would certainly be an option as well. Then drilled/cut a hole for the lighting plug and pushed it through from the bottom, epoxied it in place.

Plugged the USB into the dynavin...sort of....I actually ran the lightning cable to the glove compartment where my dynavins USB cable currently resides....plugged it in there. So I can still unplug the lighting cable to use the USB plug for other purposes if needed.

Now my phone has a nice accessible charging dock in my car, works with my dynavin from this position and its easy for me to grab and use, ALSO if Im not plugging it in the Metra kit gives me a nice little phone sized storage tray where I can lay the phone.

Last edited by jeffb335; 10-18-2014 at 09:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #327
sluggo1246
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340xi msport 6MT MPPSK

Great Product!!

And I've got to get it. The only thing I didn't see any information about (which probably answers my question) is what the Sirius situation is. I dare say that this looks better than the OEM nav setup and much more like the the setups new cars are coming with. Well done!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #328
Wongway
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

Jeff, that looks great! Though, I'm sure I'll be a clutz and do something stupid like drop something on top of it and break the connector ><

I don't recall if I asked here or in PMs, but @sluggo1246:
I asked about the factory Sirius and you'll lose it.

I was a bit irritated at this, however, ever since I upgraded the sound system in the car, I've also began to notice and realize just how horrible the sound is from Sirius. To the point that it's starting to grate on my nerves. However much you pay for Sirius, you could probably pay just as much and get WAY higher quality streaming from another music service like Spotify. So, food for thought there.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 11:57 AM   #329
Yngve
Norway
Rep
Drives: '08 E92

DAB+ module

Has anyone got the DAB+ working? I plugged in the module today, but I just get a black screen with a "go back" button in the top right corner.
Connections should be fine, since I saw a red light in the USB area of the module. Reset did not change anything.
I am running the "radio-fix" firmware.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 11:58 AM   #330
sluggo1246
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340xi msport 6MT MPPSK

Sirius

Thanks for the info. I searched the thread and didn't see anything (and read the whole thing too) so I appreciate the info. As much as you're right about the sound, I really like some of the stations and I tend to replay the same stations on Pandora so the variety is important to me.

I can always stream it so it's certainly no deal breaker!
Appreciate 0