E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vishnu PROcede v2 update

08-31-2007, 02:54 PM   #309
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
In the environment I work I would be fired for announcing a core product information for the next day and not delivering anything.
exactly
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 03:46 PM   #310
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-sport

Garage List
personally I'm finding it all rather exciting...

Better than watching the rain
      08-31-2007, 03:58 PM   #311
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
For me it's about how you treat your customers. Respect and maturity are the topics. I know that the product will be great. However, it needs more than a great product to success. We are all learning, every single day. I expect Shiv will do as well.

In the environment I work I would be fired for announcing a core product information for the next day and not delivering anything.

Let's improve together.

Cheers
Eugen
+1
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 04:03 PM   #312
M3to335
Whats that smell?
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers, duh

Hey, lets go start another thread to talk about the same shit thats still not happening. Just kidding
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 04:04 PM   #313
Cornhusker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
For me it's about how you treat your customers. Respect and maturity are the topics. I know that the product will be great. However, it needs more than a great product to success. We are all learning, every single day. I expect Shiv will do as well.

Let's improve together.

Cheers
Eugen

That's the enviroment of a corporate job working for someone else. Shiv is a small business owner, and one of the perks other then the $, is the freedom.

I don't know how you guys can stand working for someone else under those types of micro managed conditions. Just because your micro managed doesn't mean you should expect others to want to act the way your boss wants you to.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 04:09 PM   #314
dawgdog
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2016 GT3

Business is about managing expectations. The motto of the salesmanager at my local dealership, which I think is a good one, is: "underpromise, overdeliver."
      08-31-2007, 04:15 PM   #315
silvrevo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235v 6spd

I kinda like bait and switch. Works almost all the time.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 04:15 PM   #316
NPDAN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW DCT M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [8.00]
07' E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Currently writing a FAQ to go along with the press release. Hate to drop bombs and then take off for a long weekend as I'm sure there will be loads of questions.

Shiv
So you plan to start a new thread before you take off for the long weekend huh
      08-31-2007, 04:16 PM   #317
jonm42
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: too fast for conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPDAN View Post
Post.
Duck.
Run.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 04:18 PM   #318
UKRBMW
Private First Class
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: Working on it

One long FAQ....
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 04:18 PM   #319
jonm42
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: too fast for conditions.

Just FAQ-ing around? Sorry.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 04:18 PM   #320
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornhusker View Post

That's the enviroment of a corporate job working for someone else. Shiv is a small business owner, and one of the perks other then the $, is the freedom.

I don't know how you guys can stand working for someone else under those types of micro managed conditions. Just because your micro managed doesn't mean you should expect others to want to act the way your boss wants you to.
Don't expect all of us are micro managed. The business case of the PROcede is not that complex and excuse is not an option. There is plenty of room to think about, just leave it like that. Constructive.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 04:37 PM   #321
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I think he's trying to find a bank big enough for all the money.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 04:46 PM   #322
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i|E92

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
I Think Its About Time To Close This Thread!!!!

Gl
      08-31-2007, 05:00 PM   #323
Thomasz126
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Shiv said I'm rich biotch.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 05:53 PM   #324
YARDMAN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Man Just Gimme Already.

You boys have way too much time on your hands. Who cares about all this other bullshit and retoric, just gimme one freaking ready so I can go zero to 60 and beyong into a speed trap. Shit, enough is enough.

By the way Shiv does this put me at the end of the list? lol
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 06:21 PM   #325
kaji335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPDAN View Post
Yea, I'm sure he wants to post it. Then spend the 3 day weekend answering questions regarding it.....

Even if he does post it, it still doesn't change the release date of the actual product.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 09:37 PM   #326
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Ok... here's the quick and dirty. Full write up comes as soon as its done.

-Upgrade price for v2 to current PROcede users will be $150. This includes the new harness, firmware, etc,. And all the new features such as map switching, boost management, user tunable torque curves, speed sensor input plus a few more that have not been mentioned. We have built nearly 100 harnesses (by hand) in the last 2 weeks so we should be off to a good start and catch up to total demand relatively soon. All v2 upgrades to current customers can be done by the customer at home. Harness install takes 3-5 minutes once the ECU is exposed. Firmware upgrades takes another 30 seconds. Map upload takes another 10 seconds. Done.

-The introduction of an entry level PROcede DARK. Ducati owners will know what I'm talking about It will cost $895 . It is basically a detuned v1 PROcede. It will make 15-20whp less than the current v1.47 map that everyone is running. But still more than the resistor-based upgrades currently available. Of course, being microcontroller-based, it controls fuel, boost AND timing. It will also offer all the partial throttle driveability and safety benefits typical of the standard PROcede. Along with valet mode. However, the map will be loaded in the firmware, not in software. This means that the user cannot upload/changes maps. Basically, the customer installs it and forgets about it. Nor can the user update to v2 at home. Attempting to do this will render the unit locked/dead. To update to v2 (and the full power/full features it provides), the user will have to unplug the PROcede unit and send it to us. The car will still run, 100% stock-like, on the provided bypass plugs. We will perform the PROcede DARK to PROcede conversion in-house and return the PROcede along with the necessary v2 add-on harness. This upgrades costs $555 ($1450-895) plus shipping.

The v2 upgrade for existing PROcede users and the PROcede DARK can be pre-ordered through the website at Tuesday at 12:00 Noon PST. They will be shipped on a first come, first serve basis. We will limit the fulfillment rate to 30-40 v2 updates per week just to keep on top of support needs. We will start shipping them out on Sept 10th.

Those who want to purchase a v2 equipped PROcede right from the get-go will have to wait a bit. At least until we get somewhat caught up with v2 upgrade orders. As always, our suggestion is to order a standard v1 PROcede and place an order for a v2 update. This will get you a v2 equipped PROcede as quickly as possible. Expect to get the v1 PROcede within a week of order (as supplies last, of course) and the v2 upgrade a few weeks later. We all wish we could have everything right here, on the shelf, ready to go. But the limiting factor is going to be support, not product. Give us a bit of time (as you guys did when we first released the PROcede) to get up to speed and we promise it will be worth the wait

More info to come next week. Have a wonderful and SAFE long weekend!

Cheers,
Shiv
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 09:38 PM   #327
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

OMGZZZZZZZZZzz
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 09:39 PM   #328
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Im The First To Read It Omg!!!!!!!!!!1111111111
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 09:39 PM   #329
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

Quote:

-Upgrade price for v2 to current PROcede users will be $150. This includes the new harness, firmware, etc,. And all the new features such as map switching, boost management, user tunable torque curves, speed sensor input plus a few more that have not been mentioned. We have built nearly 100 harnesses (by hand) in the last 2 weeks so we should be off to a good start and catch up to total demand relatively soon. All v2 upgrades to current customers can be done by the customer at home. Harness install takes 3-5 minutes once the ECU is exposed. Firmware upgrades takes another 30 seconds. Map upload takes another 10 seconds. Done.

-The introduction of an entry level PROcede DARK. Ducati owners will know what I'm talking about It will cost $895 . It is basically a slightly detuned v1 PROcede. It will make 15-20whp less than the current v1.47 map that everyone is running. But still more than the resistor upgrades available. Of course, it controls fuel, boost AND timing. It will also offer all the partial throttle driveability and safety benefits typical of the standard PROcede. Along with valet mode. However, the map will be loaded in the firmware, not in software. This means that the user cannot upload maps. Basically, the customer installs it and forgets about it. Nor can the user update to v2 at home. To update to v2 (and the full power/full features it provides), the user will have to unplug the PROcede unit and send it to us. The car will still run, 100% stock-like, on the provided bypass plugs. We will perform the PROcede DARK to PROcede conversion in-house and return the PROcede along with the necessary v2 add-on harness. This upgrades costs $555 ($1450-895) plus shipping.

The v2 upgrade for existing PROcede users and the PROcede DARK can be pre-ordered through the website at Tuesday at 12:00 Noon PST. They will be shipped on a first come, first serve basis. We will limit the fulfillment rate to 30-40 v2 updates per week just to keep on top of support needs. We will start shipping them out on Sept 10th.

Those who want to purchase a v2 equipped PROcede right from the get-go will have to wait a bit. At least until we get somewhat caught up with v2 upgrade orders. As always, our suggestion is to order a standard v1 PROcede and place an order for a v2 update. This will get you a v2 equipped PROcede as quickly as possible. Expect to get the v1 PROcede within a week of order (as supplies last, of course) and the v2 upgrade a few weeks later. We all wish we could have everything right here, on the shelf, ready to go. But the limiting factor is going to be support, not product. Give us a bit of time (as you guys did when we first released the PROcede) to get up to speed and we promise it will be worth the wait

Cheers,
Shiv
WOhooooo..Better Late than Never...I'll take 2 for sure!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2007, 09:45 PM   #330
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i|E92

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

-The introduction of an entry level PROcede DARK. Ducati owners will know what I'm talking about It will cost $895 . It is basically a detuned v1 PROcede. It will make 15-20whp less than the current v1.47 map that everyone is running. But still more than the resistor-based upgrades currently available. Of course, being microcontroller-based, it controls fuel, boost AND timing. It will also offer all the partial throttle driveability and safety benefits typical of the standard PROcede. Along with valet mode. However, the map will be loaded in the firmware, not in software. This means that the user cannot upload/changes maps. Basically, the customer installs it and forgets about it. Nor can the user update to v2 at home. Attempting to do this will render the unit locked/dead. To update to v2 (and the full power/full features it provides), the user will have to unplug the PROcede unit and send it to us. The car will still run, 100% stock-like, on the provided bypass plugs. We will perform the PROcede DARK to PROcede conversion in-house and return the PROcede along with the necessary v2 add-on harness. This upgrades costs $555 ($1450-895) plus shipping.

Cheers,
Shiv

Nice!