E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > April Production Thread

04-30-2007, 05:20 PM   #353
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep
Drives: nothing

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
My car is still in transit to the port.
LoL, that's what mine says...but mine's probably just boarding a truck and going to the delivery center in Munich, where it will wait for me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecgiinla View Post
here's another thought! dude said my car arrives on the 24th. per the vessel schedule, that's the arrival date of lyra leader. possibly im not on your boat and that is why i gets nothing when i go to the WWL site. theory contingent on there being a notable delay in the updating of information on the 800 line. think i'll chill out for a few days and see what's up...?
BTW, who's your CA over at Pacific? That's where i'll be picking my car up once it gets redelivered to me back in the states.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 05:29 PM   #354
ecgiinla
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335 Convertible

Joe La Russo. He's a darling; never seems impatient when I call (which I've done maybe 4 times now). And he at least demonstrates an interest in my taking delivery ASAP. Which is a bit farcical since theres absolutely nothing we can do about getting the car here on an expedited basis. Beware, however, there are some attitudy peeps there. Shall remain nameless.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #355
milehigh5000
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BS 328i coupe

Garage List
wooooo i dont know what production thread i should be on now! i was on the may production (week 19) but my car started early!! it went into production today!! haha im so happy now i can get a vin and feel like i have a car!
      04-30-2007, 05:53 PM   #356
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Joe La Russo. He's a darling; never seems impatient when I call (which I've done maybe 4 times now). And he at least demonstrates an interest in my taking delivery ASAP. Which is a bit farcical since theres absolutely nothing we can do about getting the car here on an expedited basis. Beware, however, there are some attitudy peeps there. Shall remain nameless.
Yeah, I think every BMW center has their fair share of bad advisors...
I'm dealing w/ a guy by the name of Greg Poland. The guy is simply awesome. Before my car went into production, I bugged him just about everyday all day via email. He's returned every single email and every single phone call. The guy's even sent me a pdf of my vehicle inquiry report on his day off to show me that production's finished and that the car will be waiting for me in Munich.

I'm glad you found a good one that can keep you somewhat sane during the wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehigh5000 View Post
wooooo i dont know what production thread i should be on now! i was on the may production (week 19) but my car started early!! it went into production today!! haha im so happy now i can get a vin and feel like i have a car!
You're always welcome here!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 05:55 PM   #357
ecgiinla
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehigh5000 View Post
yeah, i say hang here. its a good crew.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 06:19 PM   #358
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
ecgiinla:
can you check your vin against the contents of the Lyra Leader to confirm? Maybe you're in for a pleasant surprise?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 06:24 PM   #359
ecgiinla
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snohman View Post
ecgiinla:
can you check your vin against the contents of the Lyra Leader to confirm? Maybe you're in for a pleasant surprise?
i dont think you can for the NYK Line ships. I can only wait till maybe wednesday and check WW and 800 number, both of which appear to have some delay. Though, cannot expect a diff result re: WW since lots of folks are confirmed on their Carmen. All very curious. I mean, I think I can trust my CA -- he says tis on a ship and arriving May 24th. I couldnt ask him what ship b/c I didnt want to reveal my insanity -- I mean, we are doing BUSINESS together, at the end of the day.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 06:33 PM   #360
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
i dont think you can for the NYK Line ships. I can only wait till maybe wednesday and check WW and 800 number, both of which appear to have some delay. Though, cannot expect a diff result re: WW since lots of folks are confirmed on their Carmen. All very curious. I mean, I think I can trust my CA -- he says tis on a ship and arriving May 24th. I couldnt ask him what ship b/c I didnt want to reveal my insanity -- I mean, we are doing BUSINESS together, at the end of the day.
LoL...
I would just ask him if he does know which ship it's on, and then promise not to bug him for at least a whole day. I don't know why, but I've been pulling for Frag's and your car for some weird unknown reason. I guess I might as well root for some of these west coast cars since I know even though production on my car's done also, it won't get on a ship until at least the beginning of June.

p.s. I expect all your support when you're all driving around in your cars and mine's on a ship at that time!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 06:36 PM   #361
Anthem
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i On order

@ MN BIMMER

Looks like we are on the same ship (Western Highway), and have a very close finally destination (Minneapolis)! What dealership did you use? Thanks for the info on Western Highway.
      04-30-2007, 06:42 PM   #362
ecgiinla
Private
Rep

hilarious. this board is my comic relief. how did i even find it, i don't even remember...but it was a good day.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 08:07 PM   #363
rambalu80
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
@ MN BIMMER

Looks like we are on the same ship (Western Highway), and have a very close finally destination (Minneapolis)! What dealership did you use? Thanks for the info on Western Highway.
Great to see another shipmate!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 08:59 PM   #364
fragadellic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe BSM

Quote:
hilarious. this board is my comic relief. how did i even find it, i don't even remember...but it was a good day.
If your CA knows for sure your car is on a ship, it will tell him the Vessel Name on his printout. There is no need to guess. His Vehile Inquiry Screen will tell him:

The shipping company
The vessel name
The voyage number
The bill of lading number

And some other information. It's right on the screen. BMW always knows exactly where your car is once it's left their hands. There's no way they're going to let a $50K piece of revenue out of their sight (even electronically) for a second.

Call Joe and ask him to run a complete vehicle inquiry and get the name of the shipping company and ship.
      04-30-2007, 10:27 PM   #365
MN_BIMMER
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
@ MN BIMMER

I used Sears Imports on 394 & 494. I work in Plymouth so I drive by it everyday on the way to work, they finally got me. Who did you use and what was your experience?

Welcome to the Western Highway. Rambalu80 is also on the ship with us but he is the only other person I know of that is on that ship. Has your CA given you an estimate of actual delivery? I am crossing my fingers for Friday, May 11th. If the ship docks on 5/3 it might be possible. I read in some other posts that people in the Midwest were able to get their cars in 6-8 days recently so I'm hoping the same is true for us. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I am starting to lose my mind.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 10:45 PM   #366
milehigh5000
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BS 328i coupe

Garage List
yeah ive been through the thick and thin with the may production crew but i think im gonna have to move over here now and become one of you guys
      04-30-2007, 10:45 PM   #367
rambalu80
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_BIMMER View Post
I used Sears Imports on 394 & 494. I work in Plymouth so I drive by it everyday on the way to work, they finally got me. Who did you use and what was your experience?

Welcome to the Western Highway. Rambalu80 is also on the ship with us but he is the only other person I know of that is on that ship. Has your CA given you an estimate of actual delivery? I am crossing my fingers for Friday, May 11th. If the ship docks on 5/3 it might be possible. I read in some other posts that people in the Midwest were able to get their cars in 6-8 days recently so I'm hoping the same is true for us. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I am starting to lose my mind.
My CA mentioned a mid May delivery. Per one of your posts from last week, with a link to the one with the western highway crossing the English channel I think, the ship was supposed to get to Baltimore today. Per the K-Line schedule, it is due into B'more tomorrow. I guess I still have my patience!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 10:54 PM   #368
MN_BIMMER
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

^ My patience are gone because I'm going from a 2001 Chevy Cavalier to a 2007 328xi, quite an upgrade. I also have been obsessed with bimmer's forever. It sucks to know that my car is so close yet I have to drive that POS everyday. I guess I can't complain too much, the wait will be worth it in the end.

P.S. Anyone want to buy a great 2001 Chevy Cavalier?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 11:00 PM   #369
Rocket07
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe, 94Ford Probe GT

Quote:
^ My patience are gone because I'm going from a 2001 Chevy Cavalier to a 2007 328xi, quite an upgrade. I also have been obsessed with bimmer's forever. It sucks to know that my car is so close yet I have to drive that POS everyday. I guess I can't complain too much, the wait will be worth it in the end.

Don't complain bro...I waited 13 years to upgrade from my first car, a 94 Ford Probe GT to a 335i...but I definitely know where u r coming from...I figure the wait will make that much sweeter at the end...ENJOY!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 11:06 PM   #370
MN_BIMMER
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I hear ya, tough to complain when you are getting a BMW......could be worse. I almost bought one from the lot but at the last minute decided not to compromise and get exactly what I wanted. Now that the wait is almost over I'm glad I took this route. It has actually gone by pretty fast and now I will have no regrets. I'm just glad that we will be getting our cars in May, plenty of summer to cruise.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2007, 06:16 AM   #371
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Quote:

Driving a 2006 Toyota Corolla here. You are not the only one. I am keeping the corolla to drive most of the time, especially hope it is the one that collects the door dings. Does great in a few inches of snow.

Had an e46 coupe from 2001-2003, so I know just about what I am missing!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2007, 07:34 AM   #372
rambalu80
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:

You call yours a POS? My Acura TSX got wrecked & now I'm waitin on the Bimmer. While I wait, I'm driving a rented Kia Rio, what do I call that? lol
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2007, 09:00 AM   #373
MN_BIMMER
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambalu80 View Post
You call yours a POS? My Acura TSX got wrecked & now I'm waitin on the Bimmer. While I wait, I'm driving a rented Kia Rio, what do I call that? lol
I can't compete with that. Your car shall be the first off the Western Southern, we will step aside to get you out of that Kia as fast as possible.

My buddy just got a TSX, I really like it. The only thing that annoys me is when you close the doors it sounds funny, like the door is completely hollow and it makes a strange metal sound. Other than that it's a nice looking car and the interior is awesome.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2007, 09:10 AM   #374
TX Coupe
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambalu80 View Post
I agree, you win. I am happy you got on the Western Highway. At least it gets in faster than the WW ships.

I am driving a 2000 Xterra, not a POS, but I am looking forward to getting back into a sports car. I will keep the Xterra as a bad weather/trip to Home Depot vehicle.

Ordered 3/24 - Production number 3623XXX - Week 16 Production - Completion date 4/19
At the port of exit 4/21 - On Board COURAGE, delivered to VPC on 5/12 - Delivered May 21
Appreciate 0