E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2011 335is vs 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

08-23-2011, 11:59 PM   #397
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgive Me View Post
No comparison. Not even in the same class. The caddy is a powerhouse, and the 335is is halfway track car. Maybe a used M6.
you are high, the 335 is no kind of "track car"
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 12:29 AM   #398
bimmer_335
Major
Rep
Drives: 540 mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by younes View Post
The CTS-V coupe without a single hesitation, let's get this subject straight once and for all, any human, any person in their healthy senses that will actually go in person and test drive the BMW than test The Cadillac CTS-V Coupe and still thinks the BMW is better should go see a doctor, The Upcoming 2012 or 2013 M5 might be a comparison to the CTS-V, but the old one or the Actual M3 is seriously no match in real life not in forums, forums might pump something to a God status, but real life ? common the CTS-V Coupe design, sound, power, options and Reliability is no less than an M3 or M5 but rather astonishing for the price, people that attack Cadillac reliability might base their judgement on rumors, or they drove Saturns before, resale value ? check the market today in real facts, CTS is very high in resale value and demand, I LOVE M3's and M5's and AMG's and German engineering, but they are SOOOOOOOOOO expensive, an M5 at DOUBLE the price for the same performance and options, no but no thanks. I am an Automotive Journalist that doesn't review data, but real life senses that the car provides, and while filming the CTS-V Coupe, all M3 owners and porsches were giving us thumbs up and slowing down and being very responsible and wise in not racing the CTS-V, lol , watch the review, enjoy : http://blip.tv/evosy/cadillac-cts-v-coupe-evosy-5444824 on Youtube :
go read my post on page 18
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 08:17 AM   #399
NFS13
Car Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is / R8

Garage List
Caddy is a very nice car, would have probably bought it over the 335is if they had put in a better transmission. All the love for the big engine without a good tranny makes this a muscle head debate, so leave BMW out of it.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #400
younes
Registered
Rep
Drives: CTS-V Coupe

Lightbulb CTS-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer_335 View Post
go read my post on page 18
I did Bimmer, let's be honest, I have a Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor coupe from 2005, given the money I would send that car back To AMG in Germany, have it tuned and completely modified for even a 50k rather than buying a new c-class, why ? because we love our cars that s the truth, they brake down, they cost an arm and leg to maintain, but driving something else don't seem to connect with our senses anymore, But, and a BIG BUT to go and choose a 335 Coupe over a CTS-V coupe would rather be...some form of brain malfunction in my opinion, let's not get all worked up and sensitive about this, as the rules of the forum states, we are all enthusiasts, crazy maniacs of our cars, they are our best toys and companions, we have the right to love our cars, but to start saying non-sense is....non-sense, I review cars on a daily basis, I drove bimmers and Mercs when people never heard the names, I m not American and there are no benefits to me to side with anyone, I'm completely neutral, you talked about the Interior, seriously ? what is it about the 335 ? nothing, even BMW them-self know it and say it, the interior is as basic as you can find it and BMW promotes it because there cars are performance oriented so everything is really basic, we call it in the industry the 1.2.3 dashboard cause the only thing noticeable is the radio channel buttons, BMW great interiors start in the 5 series, and even at that it doesn't match the V, One interior is sick and that is of the new BMW 6 series, and this is following several surveys among BMW consumers and journalists asking them where they would rate BMW's comparing to Mercedes-Benz, Audi and Jaguar, and BMW always came up last in interiors, they are great, but lack a bit of a wow effect that Audi easily have or Mercedes-Benz, so to call the CTS-V interior worst than a 335!? I reviewed both cars, only the new 6 Series coupe is better in Interior, and given a choice between a 2012 BMW 6 series M and a CTS-V Coupe than Yeahhh Definitely, Absolutely, with no doubt I'd take the 6 series because my God it's beautiful in and out, but it will be double the cts-v price that s for sure, but a 335 interior, Not even over my 2005 MB C230 Kompressor interior.

Last edited by younes; 08-24-2011 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: too large image to resize
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #401
PsychoSlug
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

I have to give kudos to Cadillac. All three varieties of the CTS-V are impressive machines. I would never buy one, simply due to their looks inside and out. The styling is way too over the top, IMO, and there is too much "bling" to suit my tastes. They all look like they need spinning rims to complete the package.

Definitely impressive performers though....
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #402
BenTrovato
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpratt34 View Post
I have to give kudos to Cadillac. All three varieties of the CTS-V are impressive machines. I would never buy one, simply due to their looks inside and out. The styling is way too over the top, IMO, and there is too much "bling" to suit my tastes. They all look like they need spinning rims to complete the package.

Definitely impressive performers though....
I'd agree with this! I wouldn't buy it just because of how it looks. I think if you like the styling, then it would be a good buy for whoever wants it.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 10:08 AM   #403
MikeyComputers
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i 6mt White/red

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Not man keep their cars after 3 years (some keep until 10, or more, but on avg 3-5 years max; hence the success of leases)

Styling is up to opinion

I like it

but for 62k... I'd go for a not so loaded M3...

or a used Porsche :P

but, between the two, I'd take the CTS-V
+1
Appreciate 0