E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > First Ever UK Meet - Sign Up Here!!

05-05-2006, 01:20 PM   #397
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty
Hi Paddy, all is well. Looking forward to the next meet. I'm afraid the Vivmeister wins on spec. Although I have a microwave, toaster and soda stream built in it doesn't beat Viv's active steering - oh well!!
...but surely the blacklines win it - you can see them, but who noticed that Viv had active steering

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #398
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilBurner
...but surely the blacklines win it - you can see them, but who noticed that Viv had active steering
Aye, I'm with you there Matt!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2006, 02:00 PM   #399
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty
Hi Paddy, all is well. Looking forward to the next meet. I'm afraid the Vivmeister wins on spec. Although I have a microwave, toaster and soda stream built in it doesn't beat Viv's active steering - oh well!!
ok mate soda stream is retroso kinda coolish therefore positive points there, however where's the george foreman ......you ain't got "diddly squat till you workin it on a George" APPERENTLY

To everyone else nobody has mentioned me welsh idea, does that mean I am doing the Welsh rally on me ownsome

Viv mate we need you, first meet was such a success I hope you are planning a gumballish rally over a weekend only for e90's (includes BP Matt wi E91 330d Nimitz Class) and oil burmer, sorry burner, still reckon welsh is the way to go, there is nothing there. Its either taffy or paddy land no cameras in ireland last time I was there.

two day blast around country roads....YEAH BABY
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2006, 02:30 PM   #400
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywac
To everyone else nobody has mentioned me welsh idea, does that mean I am doing the Welsh rally on me ownsome - two day blast around country roads....YEAH BABY
Paddy, its a great idea. I'm sure several people will be up for it - including me! I'll see if I can get the George Foreman installed for the next meet. Perhaps built into the rear armrest?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2006, 02:35 PM   #401
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by London320d
In the screen listing the existing topics in forum in which you wish to start a new Topic, there's a "New Topic" button above the list.
I can see Pads is going to now start a whole load of nonsensical threads, which will attract a whole load of posts.

Now you can ask if members can post pics showing you which mouse button to use, when & how!
Quote:
You can have a go for yourselves, at the next meet, ok!
Quote:
ok mate soda stream is retroso kinda coolish therefore positive points there, however where's the george foreman ......you ain't got "diddly squat till you workin it on a George" APPERENTLY

To everyone else nobody has mentioned me welsh idea, does that mean I am doing the Welsh rally on me ownsome

Viv mate we need you, first meet was such a success I hope you are planning a gumballish rally over a weekend only for e90's (includes BP Matt wi E91 330d Nimitz Class) and oil burmer, sorry burner, still reckon welsh is the way to go, there is nothing there. Its either taffy or paddy land no cameras in ireland last time I was there.

two day blast around country roads....YEAH BABY
Gumball Taff 2006- sounds good!
I really fancy sorting out an even bigger meet- 20+ would really irritate the SoCal/DC/NY etc gangs!
I reckon we could do it.

A friend of mine lives in the Yorkshire Dales & he was telling me the TopGear crew were there a couple of weeks ago, filming for the new series on some nice country roads.
Anyone up for a trip up there, as well and/or instead of Wales?

Anyway, I'm off to have a good look at the video footage of our meet & see what I can do with it.

All the best, boys & girls.

Vivmeister
(UK e90 meets co-ordinator- apparently!)

Last edited by vivekk; 05-05-2006 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2006, 03:00 PM   #402
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Yeah. come on - we want to see the video. I'm not playing anymore until we see it!!
      05-05-2006, 03:00 PM   #403
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
"A friend of mine lives in the Yorkshire Dales & he was telling me the TopGear crew were there a couple of weeks ago, filming for the new series on some nice country roads.
Anyone up for a trip up there, as well and/or instead of Wales?"

Count me in for the Dales..
      05-05-2006, 03:16 PM   #404
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar
Yeah. come on - we want to see the video. I'm not playing anymore until we see it!!
I'm on it right now, Paul!

So...a Dales trip for the Northern boys then?!
You up for it as well, Dermot, Floyd & anyone else?

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2006, 03:40 PM   #405
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
I can see Pads is going to now start a whole load of nonsensical threads, which will attract a whole load of posts.

Now you can ask if members can post pics showing you which mouse button to use, when & how!
I really fancy sorting out an even bigger meet- 20+ would really irritate the SoCal/DC/NY etc gangs!
I reckon we could do it.

A friend of mine lives in the Yorkshire Dales & he was telling me the TopGear crew were there a couple of weeks ago, filming for the new series on some nice country roads.

Anyway, I'm off to have a good look at the video footage of our meet & see what I can do with it.

All the best, boys & girls.

Vivmeister
(UK e90 meets co-ordinator- apparently!)
Viv ur the Billy Piper, follow u everwhere if I could keep up wi that beast of yours, yorkshire dales are good, wales is good, northern jockland is good however for everyone I think wales is good cos it is central

check out this site for next meet http://www.speedlimit.org.uk/drivingroads.html
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2006, 03:55 PM   #406
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Viv ur the Billy Piper, follow u everwhere if I could keep up wi that beast of yours, yorkshire dales are good, wales is good, northern jockland is good however for everyone I think wales is good cos it is central

check out this site for next meet http://www.speedlimit.org.uk/drivingroads.html
It looks like we're going to have to give this some serious thought then, Pads!

Vivmeister aka Billy Piper!

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2006, 07:39 AM   #407
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
They are spot on...

The A18 Douglas - Ramsey on the Isle of Man - no Gatso, NO SPEEEDLIMIT and not even any catseyes in the centre of the road (only the sides). Well maintained and very smooth for the most part... just watch out for the bikes. You think you're going quick, but then one streaks past as if you're stood still!

Quote:
- you might have to fight to get it back though
Quote:
I reckon we could do it.

Just let me know where and when... Wales would probably get a bigger turn out as it's more central, but an overnighter would give us the chance to travel further.

We'd get the longest meet award as well then!

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2006, 08:25 AM   #408
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
They are spot on...

The A18 Douglas - Ramsey on the Isle of Man - no Gatso, NO SPEEEDLIMIT and not even any catseyes in the centre of the road (only the sides). Well maintained and very smooth for the most part... just watch out for the bikes. You think you're going quick, but then one streaks past as if you're stood still!

- you might have to fight to get it back though

Just let me know where and when... Wales would probably get a bigger turn out as it's more central, but an overnighter would give us the chance to travel further.

We'd get the longest meet award as well then!
Matt, the car is an absolute peach with the active steering.
Today, I turned off the aircon (snowflake) for the first time & I swear the car felt even faster than normal, especially moving from a standstill.

Over the next few months, I reckon we will have won the following awards:
1 E90post.com: 2006 Biggest meet in the world!
2 E90post.com: 2006 Biggest meet in Europe!
3 E90post.com: 2006 Biggest & Best multinational meeet anywhere!
4 E90post.com: 2006 Best meets video ever produced!
5 E90post.com: 2006 Longest meet ever held!

We will have the evidence & we'll make sure it gets used, ok SoCal, NY, DC, LA!

I might send Mark & Jason a PM to see what they think.

Right- time to get on with the video production!

All the best.

Vivmeister

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2006, 10:29 AM   #409
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Viv , would you plan a UK meet in Scotland?
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #410
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntlaw
Viv , would you plan a UK meet in Scotland?
Hi Tony.
We were considering some of the Celtic provinces.
Scotland would be absolutely fantastic for a meet, especially since we haven't yet met up with the Scottish clan.
Wales is another possibility favoured by a number of members.

Are you thinking of coming over here for a meet, Tony?

Viv

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2006, 11:32 AM   #411
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Hi Tony.
We were considering some of the Celtic provinces.
Scotland would be absolutely fantastic for a meet, especially since we haven't yet met up with the Scottish clan.
Wales is another possibility favoured by a number of members.

Are you thinking of coming over here for a meet, Tony?

Viv
I am sure Wales is a famous beautiful place, years ago I spent one night and the next morning there just to see a factory Joining a E90 meet in the Uk is definitely a good excuse for me to tour Europe again. Even it is not very possible, but it is nice to think about that. You do have great photos from last meet
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2006, 01:06 PM   #412
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Its either taffy or paddy land no cameras in ireland last time I was there.
I can still remember the cry of "OH ****!" from a collegue whilst driving down through Ireland when I pointed a camera out to him... (he was waiting to go to court for doing 107mph on the M5 at the time) Everything on the back seats ended up in the footwells as a result.

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2006, 02:42 PM   #413
Mickey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Sorry, guys, but ... stooopid American question here:

What's a "gatso"?

I've read and re-read the posts that talk about this thing - just not getting it!

Help?

Ta.

Marilyn
      05-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #414
London320d
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: '06 E90 320dSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
...What's a "gatso"? ...
A speed or traffic signal camera manufactured by "Gatsometer"- see http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2006, 05:57 AM   #415
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
What's a "gatso"?
Yeah - those things that are hidden behind signs, hedges and anything else they can find..... all in the interest of raising money... no silly me, it's to increase road safety by slowing you down - that's why they hide them so you know where the accident blackspots are

Ironicly it was invented by a dutch rally driver Maurice Gatsonides. He even won the Monte Carlo rally in '53, but then turned to the dark side.

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2006, 01:20 PM   #416
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
I'm happy to say the Official First UK Meet video is now ready!

It's over 10minutes long & has made use of most of the video footage taken by Richard.
There's still some bits I've not yet used, but I can stick those onto a DVD with everything else.

The music track I've chosen is "Pearls Girl" by Underworld.
They are as British as they come (from Romford!) & they've got a good history behind them- they wrote "Born Slippy", which was used in the film Trainspotting.

I'm afraid you will need broadband to download this:
(there has been some problems downloading stuff from member sites, but please keep trying if it doesn't work first go)

Lower-res: 35Mb WMV file HERE (right-click & Save target as...)

Higher-res: 70Mb WMV file HERE (right-click & Save target as...)

Sorry for the delay in getting this ready, but I hope it was worth it.

I've tried to cover any reg plates, especially when videoing during the convoy down to Donington.

Let me know what you think, please.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2006, 03:54 PM   #417
Flyingfart
Just as when I found my car, they changed it.
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90-330i

15 cars - 1 e46 = 14 e90s
NO DEAL! for the biggest, you tricky dicky
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2006, 04:01 PM   #418
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfart
15 cars - 1 e46 = 14 e90s
NO DEAL! for the biggest, you tricky dicky
We still haven't seen the proof of your meet Flyingfart.
Would you care to 'show me the money'?

Appreciate 0