E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > N53 330i issues

08-27-2017, 03:54 AM   #23
Dormermike
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw f10

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
You are perfectly correct re the lack of codes, seen plenty that haven't shown up any info therefore most don't go any further with investigating and assume its something else, even when checking smooth running via live data you see or it appears that everything is within spec regarding readings so if you don't know the breed you'll assume injectors are fine and you move on (most common is sparks and/or coils), yet take the plugs out and it will start to reveal a bit more info, like they'll smell of fuel or they'll be black with carbon-even here I've been aware of garages just replacing plugs and thinking that's it.

We usually when we see these cars now religiously end up removing plugs and scoping each injector which reveals all re leaking injectors, poor injector spray pattern and injector's not closing down when instructed to do so.

But re these yes if you're going to encounter this sort of problem replace all injectors, plugs and where necessary coils. But plugs due to contamination/possible contamination and injectors seems the way forward on these I'm afraid if you're looking and a confirmed injector related issue
Hi Steve. Do you think the latest index 11 injectors are better or are you still seeing them leak? I don't know what the changes are between iterations but to me it seems that the piezo crystal wears down so the tolerances change. In which case every index is likely to be garbage.
Appreciate 0