E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Is the airbag light as annoying in the 3 Series as it is in the A4?

01-09-2006, 11:21 AM   #23
billgti
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsjd00
So after 20 posts, which is it !?

Does it always stay on when there is no passenger, or only when the weight placed on the passenger seat is above a certain weight (i.e. 30 pounds) but also below a certain weight (i.e. 60) pounds?

I'm inclined to believe that it's only on in the second situation, because if it were always on, there'd be more complaints on this board.
you are correct, it's the second situation.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2006, 12:21 AM   #24
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
My passenger airbag light is on when no one is sitting in the seat. However, me and my friend noticed that it will occasionally turn off and on when we're sitting in the passenger seat. Does this mean that if i were to get into a collision, the car doesnt register that someone is in the seat??

btw- im proud of myself, i actually did a search before posting a topic ..haah im learning!
      03-08-2006, 12:50 AM   #25
DerekS
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 X3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
Only USA cars have it since they have a different occupant detection system
Yes . My understanding is that the passenger seat sensor is set for 30kg. Any object, person or dog under this threshold, and placed on the passenger seat, will automatically disable the passenger side airbags. When my 14kg English cocker sits on the passenger seat, the yellow indicator light confirms that the passenger side airbags are disabled. But, if you don't want the seatbelt warning to come on, then you must use the belt to secure whatever is on the passenger seat.
Appreciate 0