E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > STL - Reputable Car Audio Shop?

03-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #23
jmlaudio
Rep
Drives: Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike07i View Post
Also, It was a about 4 years ago that The Speaker and Stereo shop and The Sound Room closed up b/c they couldn't compete w/ the volume of the big guys. I am a huge fan of free market capitalism, but it was sad because they knew their stuff. I think HiFiFoFum is your best bet in STL if you don't want to travel to Columbia. Although hfhf pissed me off a long time ago and I will never go back, granted I was a punk 16 year old driving a brand new bmw it still didn't give them the right to try screwing me over.
Just to clear up a little confusion. The Sound Room simply changed their focus specifically to custom home which continues to today with a staff of over 40 between their 2 stores! Shortly there after Rob who ran their car audio department went on to become 1/3 of the JML Audio team which continues to this day. Vehicles that have the most fiber optic systems are a everyday thing at JML. For example we are currently working on a 2009 M3 and Porsche 911 C4S as we speak in the service bay. Both have fiber optic systems! Here is an article from last year. http://blog.sounddomain.com/gadget/2...dio-opens.html
A few facts about JML just FYI.

The ONLY Car Audio Company in St. Louis Accredited by the Better Business Bureau: stlouis.bbb.org/wwwroot/report.aspx?site=142&bbb=0734&firm=310264938

Ranked One of the "Top 100 Installers" in the United States ( 7 Times ) by Mobile Electronic Magazine '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, & '08-'09

Ranked One of the "Top 50 Retailers" in the United States ( 3 Times ) by Mobile Electronic Magazine '05-'06, '06-'07, & '08-'09
      03-10-2009, 12:34 AM   #24
Mike01ci
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 M2 & 03 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlaudio View Post
Just to clear up a little confusion. The Sound Room simply changed their focus specifically to custom home. Shortly there after Rob who ran their car audio department went on to become 1/3 of the JML Audio team which continues to this day. DSP systems that have most fiber optic systems not a problem at all. Working on a 2009 M3 and Porsche 911 C4S as we speak in the service bay. Both have fiber optic systems! Here is an article from last year. http://blog.sounddomain.com/gadget/2...dio-opens.html
A few facts about JML just FYI.

The ONLY Car Audio Company in St. Louis Accredited by the Better Business Bureau: stlouis.bbb.org/wwwroot/report.aspx?site=142&bbb=0734&firm=310264938

Ranked One of the "Top 100 Installers" in the United States ( 7 Times ) by Mobile Electronic Magazine '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, & '08-'09

Ranked One of the "Top 50 Retailers" in the United States ( 3 Times ) by Mobile Electronic Magazine '05-'06, '06-'07, & '08-'09
I am sorry, I just talked with one of my friends, I had you all confused with another outfit. My apologizes.

- However, I do have some questions. Why is your llc registered to a home in Chesterfield? (via secretary of state) and why have you not updated your registration since 2006? Are you Joshua? How did you when an award in 05-06 if you weren't a business until May of 06?

-I am not trying to give you a hard time here, I am just making sure you are on the level..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 01:02 AM   #25
jmlaudio
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike07i View Post
I am sorry, I just talked with one of my friends, I had you all confused with another outfit. My apologizes.

- However, I do have some questions. Why is your llc registered to a home in Chesterfield? (via secretary of state) and why have you not updated your registration since 2006? Are you Joshua? How did you when an award in 05-06 if you weren't a business until May of 06?

-I am not trying to give you a hard time here, I am just making sure you are on the level..
Thanks for the questions. The registered address was simply where we recieved mail when the LLC was registered. JML Audio has been providing service in one form or another for the past 12 years originally it was an offset of another company the same way custom sounds is a DBA it's corporate name is a construction company it started under. When we moved to our new location we restructured the company. The Mobile Electronic award is based on professionalism and service to the community. Even at that time JML Audio was the DBA now it JML Audio LLC is the primary company and the DBA is JML Audio of St. Louis. We made this change due to a large number of our clients are from out of state and out of the county and since there is only 1 location it helps out of town clients be sure they called the right place. Any other questions feel free to stop by our place anytime. Be good.
      04-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #26
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

What else did you guys do to that M3? And why was the front bumper off? The K40 can most certainly be done without taking off the wheels/bumper
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #27
jmlaudio
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchrism5 View Post
why was the front bumper off? The K40 can most certainly be done without taking off the wheels/bumper
On this particular vehicle we found it necessary to remove the front clip for the integration to be done to our level of quality for two reasons. First was optimal mounting, wiring, and placement of the front receiver second the mounting with the non-rusting hardware for the ex laser diffuser using a three point mounting system with a nut, bolt, and washer mounting platform. In order to properly accomplish these goals the clip needed to be removed. We are here to build so much more then just a car we are here to build a relationship with each one of our clients. It is personified throughout the work we do everyday. Thanks for the question. Some pictures of a 2009 550i coming soon.
      04-12-2009, 08:26 PM   #28
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlaudio View Post
On this particular vehicle we found it necessary to remove the front clip for the integration to be done to our level of quality for two reasons. First was optimal mounting, wiring, and placement of the front receiver second the mounting with the non-rusting hardware for the ex laser diffuser using a three point mounting system with a nut, bolt, and washer mounting platform. In order to properly accomplish these goals the clip needed to be removed. We are here to build so much more then just a car we are here to build a relationship with each one of our clients. It is personified throughout the work we do everyday. Thanks for the question. Some pictures of a 2009 550i coming soon.
haha, that was a very "official" response, well done. I may be stopping by your shop with a friend who drives something extremely exotic and wants to get a few things done
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #29
jmlaudio
Rep

Here is a link to a number of BMW builds, more to come soon!

http://www.jmlaudio.com/bmw.html