E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > RB's 2.0.....Vargas 2.5??

10-21-2014, 07:59 AM   #23
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow007 View Post
I'm actually sending my vtt stage 2s back to Tony, within the following weeks, and they're going to upgrade them to the new+2 specs due to the common, leaky turbo seal and oil issue. I've sent Tony a few emails and he's been very helpful with me on my whole return. Hopefully I the new setup will eliminate the old problem.
i hope so too, but why does the turbo seals keep leaking and what are the oil issues? I might just have to go with some kind of single lol.

any of you guys think a good single that is good enough to 550 whp will get me my consistent 500whp with just as little lag as the stg 2+ tb and vtt are coming out with?

just the difference in pricing is crazy though lol.
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 08:45 AM   #24
gmorris
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow007 View Post
I'm actually sending my vtt stage 2s back to Tony, within the following weeks, and they're going to upgrade them to the new+2 specs due to the common, leaky turbo seal and oil issue. I've sent Tony a few emails and he's been very helpful with me on my whole return. Hopefully I the new setup will eliminate the old problem.
How old are your stage 2's? I just ordered a set of stage 2's (because i have no e85 and not interested in meth so Tony figured stage 2 would be the best for pure pump gas) so I hope he's corrected the issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #25
Shadow007
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe monaco blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorris View Post
How old are your stage 2's? I just ordered a set of stage 2's (because i have no e85 and not interested in meth so Tony figured stage 2 would be the best for pure pump gas) so I hope he's corrected the issues.
Sadly to say I ordered and installed the stage 2s at the beginning of the year, January. They where good for about 3-4 months before the smoking and oil issue popped up. I was going to have them sent back, while I was in Germany, but I was so close to leaving and I couldn't risk the chance of not having all my stuff together when it was time to leave. Tony has been very helpful with the whole process and they were aware of both issues, so he told me to send them back and they would do the spec 2 upgrade, since I'm still under warranty.

E85 Z4M
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 03:25 PM   #26
jippii ensio
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
So a couple weeks ago the new upgraded vargas stg 2s were going crazy, but what happened to everything. No one is talking about it anymore or any problems with these new turbos? Also isnt RB coming out with their own new upgraded turbos?

Or am I just missing something here? Is there another site everyone is on talking about all the news?
Not a couple weeks ago, more than six weeks ago 09-05-2014:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
Once you are contacted with either a return email or paypal invoice, you have 24 hours to make payment in full or you will be bumped off the list. I spoke with our machine shop yesterday and half our housings as already done, meaning we should realistically shipping in 3 weeks so we prefer not to split it up with deposits.
And there is still no new shipping date.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 05:10 PM   #27
Give_Em_The_DD
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 black 335xi coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jippii ensio
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
So a couple weeks ago the new upgraded vargas stg 2s were going crazy, but what happened to everything. No one is talking about it anymore or any problems with these new turbos? Also isnt RB coming out with their own new upgraded turbos?

Or am I just missing something here? Is there another site everyone is on talking about all the news?
Not a couple weeks ago, more than six weeks ago 09-05-2014:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
Once you are contacted with either a return email or paypal invoice, you have 24 hours to make payment in full or you will be bumped off the list. I spoke with our machine shop yesterday and half our housings as already done, meaning we should realistically shipping in 3 weeks so we prefer not to split it up with deposits.
And there is still no new shipping date.
Looks like they started shipping today
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 07:05 AM   #28
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give_Em_The_DD View Post
Looks like they started shipping today
Well I can't wait to see some numbers..