E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Got a ticket. Fight or not? :/

01-11-2010, 11:02 PM   #23
SolidSnake2634
cantoguy
United_States
Rep
Drives: LSB E46 M3

Garage List
2001 BMW M3  [6.06]
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0eknee_C View Post
I used ticket assasin.. I won.. I have another ticket to take care of by Feb... shit i shoulda saved all the files they sent me.. it was some step by step procedure, all I had to do was fill in my situation and dates and it was done
can you pm me how much the whole process of ticket assassin and etc costs? thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 02:15 AM   #24
e90kiddo
e90 at large
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0eknee_C View Post
I used ticket assasin.. I won.. I have another ticket to take care of by Feb... shit i shoulda saved all the files they sent me.. it was some step by step procedure, all I had to do was fill in my situation and dates and it was done
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake2634 View Post
can you pm me how much the whole process of ticket assassin and etc costs? thanks
pm me as well please.

TIAG/Blacklines/m3 trunk spoiler/40% Huper Optik/cf roundels/matte black grills/hid 6000k/18" 710s matte black
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 03:19 AM   #25
HsiangHsu
Taiwanese Baller
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i / M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Alex View Post
so I actually studied a case like that recently in my AJ class. If there are no cars around you dont have to signal. You should definitely fight it. The case I went over, the officer truly believed that you have to signal even if there are no cars around, but that is not true. If there were no cars around you, you should not have been cited.
i dont think the "no car around you then you dont have to signal" would work... because the cop was there to see it... so there are acturally car/cars around u... i just dont think that's a good reason to fight it... try to find other excuses...
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 04:08 AM   #26
E90Alex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by HsiangHsu View Post
i dont think the "no car around you then you dont have to signal" would work... because the cop was there to see it... so there are acturally car/cars around u... i just dont think that's a good reason to fight it... try to find other excuses...
well what I meant was that you do not have to signal if your turn/lane change does not affect any other cars
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 10:21 AM   #27
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Alex View Post
well what I meant was that you do not have to signal if your turn/lane change does not affect any other cars
Wrong!!! You're supposed to signal anytime you change lane. That case must not have been in California.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 02:50 PM   #28
goodstuff448
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM M2, MGray Tacoma, e46

I guess I did "a)". I was just going down a long stretch of road and there were absolutely no cars whatsoever. None in front, back, or left or right. It was a major road and i just turned into a residential street without signaling thinking that since theres no cars I wouldn't need to. Right when I turned, I saw the flashing lights of the cop :/. She said she noticed me because my passenger side headlight was out. And something about she was doing traffic that night so she HAD to cite me for not signaling.

If she said she had to cite you. That may fall into the terms of a quota which would be illegal VC 41602 And that right there would dismiss the ticket acoording to: http://www.ticketassassin.com/visorguide.html. Not sure how it would hold up in court.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #29
E90Alex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
Wrong!!! You're supposed to signal anytime you change lane. That case must not have been in California.
It was in california, my professor is a judge here in CA and that was a case/scenario we went over in class. Possibly the law has been changed because the case was pretty old since he has been a judge for about 25+years
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #30
t0eknee_C
Fasshole / Ew Hai Crew
Rep
Drives: sahm sham mmm i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90kiddo View Post
pm me as well please.
Think it was like $20..