E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Paint Protection

01-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #23
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

It doesn't cost the full wack to have the annual application applied though, you get it fully detailed and the paint prepped once, apply the protetant and then just reapply it to the parts that need it annually, there's no special stuff needed to wash the car with etc. The reapply is much cheaper than having a professional detailing job done and its guaranteed against contaminants.

It may no be for everyone, I put it on my car as I wanted to try it, its used in marine and aviation (Virgin Blue uses it on its fleet) and I heard good things about it. For the initial cost it was worth it to me, if it'll do what its guaranteed too. So far it has. It also cuts washing time considerably, especially for darker cars. It takes about 2.5 times as long to wash my M3 than it does the M Coupe now, also with 4 vehicles the time saved in washing them is also a factor for me as it doesn't wipe out a whole morning on my weekends.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 06:31 PM   #24
GeriFix
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92; MG TF 160; C2 VTS

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what is the cost to Permagaurd or Diamond coat the car. Can you still use a paint cleaner then wax ontop of this finish without harming the coating applied ??
Well I do mind you asking but I'll tell you in a round-a-bout sort of way . It cost as much as a Valet kit of Swissvax Products; including the required service application in 9 months time.

Washing the car requires just water (+/- mild detergent) to remove the surface dirt. You do not wax the car. I had something called Trueseal on my previous car and didn't need to wax it in the 3 years of ownership. My understanding is that Permagard is superior.

Permagard is basically polytetrafluoroethylene (Teflon) and has a melting point of about 320 degrees C, which is much higher than even raw Carnauba wax (75 degrees C). When auto wax melts the dirt particles embed in it, then when you strip and re-wax, this dirt abrades the paint.

The theory of Permagard is good. Time will tell if it lives up to this. Based on my previous experience with such products, I am happy with this decision.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 12:11 AM   #25
billeclass
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 E90 Titanium Silver

In Dec 07 had our new 335 paint protected by a place called "Infinity" in Petersham, Sydney using a product called Glare.. Very happy with the finish. The owner, Vijay, is very passionate about what he does, himself owning two black BMWs,which he uses a promotional tools. He does one job a day which takes about 5 to 6 hours. There are two video cameras filming the whole job and he played these back to us showing the before and after differences.
He even pointed out to us 3 paint blemishes that we wouldnt have even noticed.

Not sure how it compares with Permaguard or Diamond but looking at his Job Board in the garage there were other BMW owners and Lexus owners booked in for the following week.
One of his testomials was from BMW Canterbury

Anybody interested can check out his website.

http://www.paintprotectiondirect.com...uth_paint.html
Appreciate 0