E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Tracked a 335i with 19psi on stock turbos, no limp!

06-12-2012, 02:03 AM   #23
turb0mik3
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Racecar

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [8.90]
ROFL. Good posting long boarder. My car has never gone limp at Big Willow. It has gone limp twice at Streets but my fuel pump was about to crap itself. I will for sure be out at the next event for Shift Sector. What were some of the lap times? I still need better suspension but curious how I stacked up, hehe.

HG Motorsports | Motiv Motorsport | Sparta Evolution | BBS Motorsports | Sabelt | JRZ |
NASA ST1 SoCal --- 554whp/487wtrq --- 3200lbs <<YouTube Channel w/ Race Videos>>
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #24
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54_Fan View Post
here are the links to that brake cooling setup for the GTR.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....sults-updated/

http://www.willallracing.com.au/performance.htm#wr35ms

(see the "Water mist cooling system" and "Brake Cooling system" in that last link)
Amazing stuff for the GTR! Although, from an outsiders point of view, I expected the GTR to be track-ready "out of the box". I only heard about gearbox overheat issues and wasn't aware that such massive upgrades could be needed.

It would be nice if some of that cooling stuff was available for our cars. An external tranny cooler would probably do wonders!
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #25
N54_Fan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn335i View Post
Amazing stuff for the GTR! Although, from an outsiders point of view, I expected the GTR to be track-ready "out of the box". I only heard about gearbox overheat issues and wasn't aware that such massive upgrades could be needed.

It would be nice if some of that cooling stuff was available for our cars. An external tranny cooler would probably do wonders!
Yeah i know. I guess no street legal cars are ready "right out of the box". A buddy of mine has a 911 GT3 and he also had to modify his a bit to make it better. NOt as much of course but some.

Anyway this water misting solution for the GTR could easily be replicated with a simple Stage 1 Meth kit with only water misting on the radiator. Since they are "boost controlled" we could have this turn on at >4 PSI or something similar. Only about $300 for everything. But hard to justify for only an experiment at this point.

http://www.coolingmist.com/pagedispl...ey=gasvehicles
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #26
Doyle
Hellafunctional
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Man, killerfish/turkeybaster goes from zero to butthurt in nothing flat.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #27
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by turb0mike View Post
ROFL. Good posting long boarder. My car has never gone limp at Big Willow. It has gone limp twice at Streets but my fuel pump was about to crap itself. I will for sure be out at the next event for Shift Sector. What were some of the lap times? I still need better suspension but curious how I stacked up, hehe.
Hey Mike - they didn't have transponders on Saturday so people were using their V-Boxes and iPhones. No times were being posted (like they usually do) so unfortunatley I don't know what others were running.

I was in the yellow group and was held up on every lap so I never got a clean run. I would break free and have half the track completely open then on the same lap get temporarily stuck behind some stock Honda doing 3:30's That's likely another reason I didn't limp. I think my best time was in the high 1:40's which it not good at all but I had to pass a few cars to get that.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0