E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Classic Genuine BBS BMW Style 5 16" 7J ET20 set of alloy wheels for our E90 ;)))

05-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #23
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90

Update (16/05/2013)

The wheels were picked up a few days ago. These were with my friend sprayer for a few days. He has huge experience as he is a teacher at college in body shop and he has done hundreds of wheels. He admitted the wheels were the hardest to spray due to big amount of spokes, but he has done an exceptional job I need to say !!! Ok so here are a few pics, have a comment - I wanna see what you think

The best looking wheels Ive ever seen
Now my friend from my estate will fit the tyres and it will be done
I am just thinking, it will be a shame these will be used over winter times... Hope you like it
      05-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #24
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update (21/05/2013)

So the winter tyres in sizes 195/55/16 have been transferred onto the Style 5 wheels by my friend I highly recommend his tyre mobile service Great price, very quick and professional service. He works within Manchester area and close to Manchester areas too. A few pics below :

Update (21/05/2013)

So the full set of Style 156 wheels is for sale.

Here is the link to the sale page : http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=835284

Below are some pics taken today :

Thanks for looking !!!

08-30-2015, 05:24 PM   #25
OneTW0
Meet me in the lobby
United_States
Rep

16" style 5

I just bought myself a set of these for my e90 (325xi) and this thread has been a huge help. Are wheel spacers needed and if so what size? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 02:18 PM   #26
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTW0 View Post
I just bought myself a set of these for my e90 (325xi) and this thread has been a huge help. Are wheel spacers needed and if so what size? Thanks
Hello there,

I did not need any spacers.

My model is pre-LCI 320d. Having 320d means the brake discs and calipers are small so 16" wheels will fit. With other models the brakes are bigger therefore the 16" wheels will not fit.

I have fitted 195 tyres because these were cheaper haha. These are only winter wheels. Also narrower tyres performs better in snow

Any more questions please let me know.

Also you need the rings (the pinky / red round plastic bits) for the hub as the centre hub hole is a bit bigger on the wheels.

Mat.
      09-05-2015, 05:19 PM   #27
OneTW0
Meet me in the lobby
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrez View Post
Hello there,

I did not need any spacers.

My model is pre-LCI 320d. Having 320d means the brake discs and calipers are small so 16" wheels will fit. With other models the brakes are bigger therefore the 16" wheels will not fit.

I have fitted 195 tyres because these were cheaper haha. These are only winter wheels. Also narrower tyres performs better in snow

Any more questions please let me know.

Also you need the rings (the pinky / red round plastic bits) for the hub as the centre hub hole is a bit bigger on the wheels.

Mat.
Perfect, I was hoping they weren't needed. And yes I order those hub rings, dropped the wheels off today to have new tires put on them. Thanks for getting back to me.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 05:54 AM   #28
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTW0 View Post
Perfect, I was hoping they weren't needed. And yes I order those hub rings, dropped the wheels off today to have new tires put on them. Thanks for getting back to me.
No problem at all, you will love them The Style 5 is the best wheel BMW made It looks perfect ! Post some pics and let me know when it is on the car Enjoy !