E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > What to do?

03-11-2015, 07:21 AM   #23
pinco000
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyray911
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinco000
Quote:
Think about something like a Clifford Blackjax as well.
Sound like a good idea. Im just wondering what will happen to my car once it will be left in the middle of the street somewhere away from where I live, opened all night with the thieves p....d off
Depends where you live,my man.My system kicks in as soon as I get off the driveway.By the bottom of the road,about 100 metres away,the car has shut down with the alarm sounding.
If you think that your neighbours are going to nick your hub caps,try your luck with something else!
just called Clifford, they said blackjax cant be fitted to my car?? Offered me engine immobiliser for 289, alarm on top of that for 499, text alert on top all 189.
Do u mind to share how much it cost you and where did you get it fitted m8? Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 01:03 PM   #24
pinco000
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sound like a good idea. Im just wondering what will happen to my car once it will be left in the middle of the street somewhere away from where I live, opened all night with the thieves p....d off
Depends where you live,my man.My system kicks in as soon as I get off the driveway.By the bottom of the road,about 100 metres away,the car has shut down with the alarm sounding.
If you think that your neighbours are going to nick your hub caps,try your luck with something else!
I decided to go for an independent alarm to the bmw one. It will disable quite a few things in my car. Dont want to mention them as Im paranoid thieves can be reading
I will surely be alerted on my mobile if anything will be happening with my car.
And for that occasion I bought a aluminium baseball bat
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 02:29 PM   #25
Billyray911
Brigadier General
Venezuela
Rep
Drives: Blah

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I decided to go for an independent alarm to the bmw one. It will disable quite a few things in my car. Dont want to mention them as Im paranoid thieves can be reading
I will surely be alerted on my mobile if anything will be happening with my car.
And for that occasion I bought a aluminium baseball bat
Sorry for the delay in replying,but I'm glad that you've got the alarm situation sorted.
My Blackjax has been in place for a few years now.It wasn't an easy fit and took over 24 hours to sort as the canbus had to be tapped into.There were lots of calls to Clifford at the time,but it's been faultless since!
Aftermarket security has got to be the way forward,unfortunately.
Appreciate 0