E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Does this kind of damage occur during shipping?

07-16-2015, 10:26 PM   #23
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashtrey View Post
Those have some heavy duty smashing and bending going on there. No way in hell that happened during shipping.

If you enlarge the pic in the seller's fs thread it almost look like you can see imperfection around the bottom edge but of course no straight on shots because that would reveal the fucked up hammer time job we all see here in this thread.

Clever and major weak sauce.
Yeah, for anyone who has removed struts it's super obvious that the technician used a metal mallet instead of plastic to remove them.

I have heard of paypal reimbursing even on F&F payments. I'm glad that wholeymoley came out into this thread, I hope to spare others on this Forum from my dilemma.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 10:35 PM   #24
wholeymoley
mac&cheese!
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
Yeah, I'm an idiot and paid on the 4th of july, drunk from the mobile app... I have given the user 24hrs to refund me before I out him. He plans to sell his car on e90post so I'm hoping that I have some leverage.

1 hole in your story so far.

Clever of me to not take a picture of the struts or pictures of damages that weren't there? Foolish of you to make that accusation and to any other member who assumes there was any shadiness on my end. I would've taken any picture(s) of whatever part the buyer wanted to see.

As we progress, it seems that maybe the buyer was unsure of which coilovers to get, maybe damage the struts, and have a change of heart on someone else's dime? Too much trouble in my opinion, but people take things a bit far sometimes.

Just to type up a few posts are a bit time consuming. But to weighed in as shady is a no-no in my book. So internet scouts, investigate away.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 10:38 PM   #25
spxxx
Boost
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholeymoley View Post
No need to stay hidden as I am a stand up guy and was up front with these coilovers just as anything else I ever posted up for sale. These were in excellent condition, with 0 damages. As I told the buyer via text message, there were no damages on anything prior to shipping. If it wasn't damaged during shipping, then what am I to believe?

As for this comment, Id've never get to a point so low as to do something as this.

As for the buyer, I will only respond to you through this post as I don't want anyone thinking I have anything to hide. I've already started a claim through FedEx, and I will not provide any refund on this. You do what you must.
So if Fedex refunds you, you're going to refund me and pay the return shipping for me to mail these back to you? Fedex claims always go to the shipper. You could have made this a lot easier on yourself being upfront with the condition of the struts because you're not fooling anyone here...this kind of damage doesn't occur in bubble wrap in a cardboard box (which is in perfect condition and is being used as evidence in the paypal claim that I have filed)

Another piece of evidence that you all will find funny, he refused to ship until the paypal funds cleared his bank account. I think someone was concerned with PayPal retracting his funds.

I really need to stop drunk e90post classified-ing
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #26
spxxx
Boost
Rep

Quote:

1 hole in your story so far.

Clever of me to not take a picture of the struts or pictures of damages that weren't there? Foolish of you to make that accusation and to any other member who assumes there was any shadiness on my end. I would've taken any picture(s) of whatever part the buyer wanted to see.

As we progress, it seems that maybe the buyer was unsure of which coilovers to get, maybe damage the struts, and have a change of heart on someone else's dime? Too much trouble in my opinion, but people take things a bit far sometimes.

Just to type up a few posts are a bit time consuming. But to weighed in as shady is a no-no in my book. So internet scouts, investigate away.
So you purposely hid the biggest issue with the struts from every picture you took and this is somehow my fault?

And your English is a bit spotty but did I hear you right in that you're accusing me of damaging the struts now? Do you understand how much I do for this community? I give away $200 pro tunes to anyone who asks... I have sold and installed countless parts for fellow forum members. You're a disgrace.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 10:49 PM   #27
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Yeah, for anyone who has removed struts it's super obvious that the technician used a metal mallet instead of plastic to remove them.
This. No way around it.

lol @ the bubble wrapped pics where the %#$ed up part of the struts is conveniently "packed with care"
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 10:56 PM   #28
wholeymoley
mac&cheese!
Rep
Drives: e92

As I said, do what you must.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 11:00 PM   #29
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

So wholeymoley's new plan is to claim the buyer didn't want them anymore and damaged them? Seems legit...

How do you not have any pictures showing the damaged area? You would have to deliberately avoid any view that would show it for that to happen.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 11:01 PM   #30
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
As I said, do what you must.
If you did indeed file a Fedex claim, they will need pictures or they won't pay out, and those pictures suck. Been there before...
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 11:23 PM   #31
musc
Free T_e_r_r_Y :)
Rep
Drives: X3MC, Audi TTRS MK3, 335is DCT

Garage List
2023 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
2011 BMW 335is  [10.00]
Good luck if a forum member buys the sellers car, lol.

After selling tons of stuff on eBay, etc. as the seller it is always best to photograph obvious damage and not try to hide it. The buyer is always going to see it and it is generally going to be an issue. Lying and saying this got damaged from shipping is a joke.
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2015, 11:40 PM   #32
spxxx
Boost
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com
That does not look like shipping damage. Also yo may have a problem with paypal since you gifted the money. There is no resolution system for gifts.

Mike
Haha might need a quote on kw v2s
      07-17-2015, 01:15 AM   #33
jin
Second Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

I was keen on buying these coilovers myself but seller refused to ship international.

Bullet dodged lol
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 05:44 AM   #34
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

never buy used suspension, as chances are its buggered and youll have to pay for the labour twice by having them installed and then removed to refurb them or replace them.

Chances are the seller could have had the shop wrap them up and was totally unaware of the damage (the shop who removed them has wacked the bejesus out of them to remove them from the spindle)
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 05:48 AM   #35
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
No need to stay hidden as I am a stand up guy and was up front with these coilovers just as anything else I ever posted up for sale. These were in excellent condition, with 0 damages. As I told the buyer via text message, there were no damages on anything prior to shipping. If it wasn't damaged during shipping, then what am I to believe?
Sorry bud unless the box took a trip to iraq before making it to the buyer, those things were far from perfect... How would you explained them getting scuffed up like that inside a box? Yeah they could be bent damaged etc. inside a package, but sorry not to that degree... Also why do none of his pictures have close ups? You've got pretty good pictures of 90% of it all except the part that is clearly damaged lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by musc View Post
Good luck if a forum member buys the sellers car, lol.

After selling tons of stuff on eBay, etc. as the seller it is always best to photograph obvious damage and not try to hide it. The buyer is always going to see it and it is generally going to be an issue. Lying and saying this got damaged from shipping is a joke.
Exactly... Terrible person, Work out an agreed amount so both people get a little hit and nobodies made whole..

But to just say I got mine, I'll file a claim, do what you must...

Terrible person lol

I would never buy this guys car judging with how he takes care of his suspension lol

"I wish there were better pictures"
"not required to buy it" instead of here let me get you more pictures, even if I have to open up my perfectly packaged suspension bits.

Last edited by M5Rlz; 07-17-2015 at 05:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2015, 06:06 AM   #36
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Quote:
So you purposely hid the biggest issue with the struts from every picture you took and this is somehow my fault?
+1, Wow. Yeah I learned the hard way never, ever use Paypal gift as a buyer. Little or no recourse in these situations. I never use it as a seller either, precisely to avoid these kinds of things and have a disinterested third party to resolve disputes if any arise. Taking a 3% hit on the transaction is worth it to me for this.

Since damage was prior to shipping you're probably SOL getting something from shippers. Hope you can resolve this somehow. If you paid through Paypal using a credit card maybe.

One thing I do also if I have any question as to condition of what I'm buying is, write a short note on the Paypal receipt indicating where I bought it (eg e90post classifieds) and seller's description of condition. That will give you a bit of additional leverage if there is a dispute.

In this situation it looks like seller clearly misrepresented condition of the parts.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 06:44 AM   #37
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
=ajsalida

In this situation it looks like seller clearly misrepresented condition of the parts.
Yeah Paypal won't look to fondly on gifting, I'd still file it and say seller told me so they could avoid fees.

And yup, misrepresented and doesn't care karma will get him. If wants to race for the 852 he can come run my gtr its 100% stock I misrepresent too

I'm always amazed at the tiny lengths and amount of money people will sell their word for to get ahead... In this case we know the sellers honesty is worth 800 bucks lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 06:49 AM   #38
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Unless shipped by barbarian vikings who went on a wild bender and went crazy ass, this does not look like shipping damage
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-17-2015, 07:05 AM   #39
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
Yeah Paypal won't look to fondly on gifting, I'd still file it and say seller told me so they could avoid fees.
This is a good point, file it anyway. But also include a link to this thread and note how seller tried to get out of it by posting a bunch of pictures that had nothing to do with the damaged area. I mean this is pretty obvious.

Even if you don't get the money back seller may get his account suspended. And being an agent of Karma has its own rewards.
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2015, 07:12 AM   #40
stanlalee
Major
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i manual

Quote:
for anyone who has removed struts it's super obvious that the technician used a metal mallet
This (the strut guide shows it was hammered out at the same spot on each strut obviously on opposing sides. DEAD giveaway this was caused by hammering the strut out the housing) but I no longer want to hear any sob stories from anybody who gifts payments. Your silly enough to gift payments in 2015 then a gift is what is it. Be glad you got any (damaged) parts.

The good news is they should still be able to slide in the strut housing and the damage isn't anywhere that's going to affect performance. It basically just looks ugly and nobody is going to see it other than when adjusting the settings.
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2015, 07:17 AM   #41
AznTwins
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 F82 M4

Man that sucks. even though you gifted the money, hope Paypal steps in and does something to help you out or maybe you and the seller could work something out and come to an agreement of some sort.

Makes you think twice before wanting to buy anything from the classified section now.
      07-17-2015, 07:29 AM   #42
trixdout
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi 6mt

Funny the pictures posted of the original for sale thread and messages between buyer and seller, never show the struts on the other end. Only pictures show the struts from the top not the bottom. LAWL AT SHIPPING DAMAGE.
      07-17-2015, 07:39 AM   #43
NY135ivishnu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 135i

Look into bc racing they are 1k fully Adjustable
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2015, 07:53 AM   #44
Nexic
BMW DIY'er
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Wow, I definitely would not buy this guy's car. Sorry OP, that really sucks. I have sold things on this forum and had a JB4 board I sold disputed as broken/not working. I worked with the buyer, had him ship the me board back. I then ordered him a brand new one on the Burger Tuning website and had it mailed directly to him. I sent the broken board to Terry and he agreed it was a manufacture defect, then sent me a new one.

The buyer ended up happy with his new board and I ended up keeping mine as well. I would really hope that the seller and OP try to resolve the issue, its really shady to file a claim and then say "I won't be giving a refund." Why not? If you file a claim and win, why would you not try to help out the OP? Instead, the seller is getting paid twice... /smh
2010 335i Sapphire Black - BMS JB4 G5 / RB Turbos / BMS Trunk Meth kit / CM10 and CM5 Nozzle / VRSF Downpipes 3" v2 / VRSF 7" FMIC / BMS Charge Pipe / Forge DVs, Koni Yellow / H&R Sport / Wavetrac LSD / M3 Upper and Lower control arms / H&R sway bars
Appreciate 0