E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Look what I got for Xmas!

12-24-2008, 05:21 PM   #23
jaserion
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Onsh'mo...

sorry to hear about your misfortune. try to enjoy your holidays nonetheless.
2008 E92 M3 - Gone
2006 E90 325i - Gone
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 05:58 PM   #24
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: your mom wild.

damn.. at least you weren't in the car. Hopefully you have a better new year, and a brand new car. If not a new car, it's definitely time to upgrade to an Mtech rear bumper...
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 06:48 PM   #25
Tim2189
Russian in a Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

where in ny is this?
2018 X5 40e - retired
2020 X5 M50i - Current
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 07:48 PM   #26
Dragonman4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
wow that's some epic fail. sorry to see that. At least you can upgrade to M-tech now lol
2009 Merc C-350: AMG package, loaded
2008 E92 335xi - Gone
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 08:01 PM   #27
3pete3the5greekI
The GrEeK
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi M EBII

wow dude that sux major ballz!!! wow i feel ya i been there big time dnt wry ull have it back in no time it just sux that its new and u didint do shit.....

2007 e90 335i (batmobile) ~ bye bye
2011 e90 335i M-Sport (Stella) ~ BYe Bye
2013 F30 335xi M-Sport EBII
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 09:38 PM   #28
335xiRN
That's RACIST!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc328ci View Post
where in ny is this?
valley stream. yes, i hope i'll be able to get a new car and will look into the upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2008, 10:10 PM   #29
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

ouch! I'm sorry, I hope you get the insurance to deal with this...on the bright side, Mtech rear + CSL trunk?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 01:42 AM   #30
Goodfella69
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi e90 BSM

sorrrry to hear about this! hope the insurance gets you a new car! look at the lady just sitting in the car while you are taking pictures lol its great shes so dumb looking...
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 04:00 AM   #31
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white/red 08 M3, 05 Rangerover

yeah Shitty drivers. sorry man
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 08:01 AM   #32
quest556
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i x-Drive

First, I'd like to give you props for not going completely APE over this, you seem to be taking it very well! I would probably have lost it.
Second, so sorry to see your ride get crunched but on the bright side, it is still Christmas and at least you were not in it at the time and possibly injured.

Let's hope the insurance replaces it for you and you can call it a late Christmas present!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 08:18 AM   #33
Queenskid24
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: With 1 Fly Girl shotgun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xiRN View Post
thanks for the sympathy guys.. i'm a girl btw =)

yeah there was no room in the driveway so i parked my car on the curb. all other times i ALWAYS park it in the driveway.

i hope they consider it totaled so i do get a new car (i'll add the aero kit to it bc i regret not getting that). the body shop is keeping it in their garage since the whole rear window was shattered, and it won't be looked at until monday since it's the holiday. when i get the police report i'm going to fax it to them so they can take care of the claim.

after going inside my house, i heard a loud boom and my mom was yelling "your car your car!" and i was in disbelief. the driver said that she did not see my car, and her daughter was saying "mom, mom.. mom!" SMASH into my car. and i live in front of a stop sign so how can you NOT slow down? idk. yeah thank god everyone is alive. now i'll always remember what happened on xmas eve!

will keep you guys posted.
from the looks of it, she got pretty deep, so hopefully is totaled and you can get yourself some nice extras, look at it positively if possible. enjoy your holidays and hope to see you at the meets
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 08:24 AM   #34
cycler
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Streetglide and 2011 Dyna

Quote:

yeah there was no room in the driveway so i parked my car on the curb. all other times i ALWAYS park it in the driveway.

i hope they consider it totaled so i do get a new car (i'll add the aero kit to it bc i regret not getting that). the body shop is keeping it in their garage since the whole rear window was shattered, and it won't be looked at until monday since it's the holiday. when i get the police report i'm going to fax it to them so they can take care of the claim.

after going inside my house, i heard a loud boom and my mom was yelling "your car your car!" and i was in disbelief. the driver said that she did not see my car, and her daughter was saying "mom, mom.. mom!" SMASH into my car. and i live in front of a stop sign so how can you NOT slow down? idk. yeah thank god everyone is alive. now i'll always remember what happened on xmas eve!

will keep you guys posted.
Damn sorry to hear about your car. Look at the bright side in that you werent in the car.

Now the funny part. I was reading through posts and I was actually thinking what if this is a girl and not a guy because of her user ID. 335xiRN could stand for Registered Nurse.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 08:29 AM   #35
cycler
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldasicex5 View Post
why is it always the POS cars that hit our nice bimmers!? DAMN! sorry bout that shit
Yo mini me whats up little bro. Damn you got your nose in everyones business especially when you found out she is a girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman4 View Post
wow that's some epic fail. sorry to see that. At least you can upgrade to M-tech now lol
Whats going on Balu LOL. How is everything going

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pete3the5greekI View Post
wow dude that sux major ballz!!! wow i feel ya i been there big time dnt wry ull have it back in no time it just sux that its new and u didint do shit.....
Damn Pete havent been on this forum for a while. Good to see you guys. cant wait to see your greek ass at the best buy meet. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc328ci View Post
where in ny is this?
From the looks of it...looks like Valley Stream
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 08:37 AM   #36
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Ouch, sorry to see that. Looks like the road is pretty clear, i.e. ice on the road. I can't imagine how this could have happened. (Well, actually, I can, because people are just retarded..... Same thing happened to my E55 AMG approx. 2 years ago) Let's hope that the rear frame is bent beyond repairs so that you can go after them for a new car. The pics also speaks for the safety features of the E92 compared to that POS Chevy Nova.......
      12-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #37
335xiRN
That's RACIST!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi

Garage List
how do you quote more than one person in a reply? lol

goodfella:
the lady said she recently had back surgery done, maybe she was on painkillers and it affected her driving. and they tell you before you leave the hospital that you should NOT operate heavy machinery so idk what she was doing driving around in a car..

kev:
the road was wet, clear, and there was no black ice on the road. 2 lanes, pretty wide. i'm sure there was no car on the opposite side that she was trying to swerve away from. definitely looked like she DROVE into my car, which makes me think it was an effect from possible painkillers.
i also hope there is a good enough amount of damage for it to be considered totaled. i'll find out sometime next week. my birthday is jan 24 so i could have myself a bday present

cycler:
how did you know it was valley stream? haha. and yes i'm an OR nurse

o yeah Merry Christmas everyone! thanks for the support.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 09:59 AM   #38
ImpressiveAutoWerk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: All BMW models

I Am Sorry To See That Good Luck If You Ever Need A Best Body Shop Let Me Know !
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 10:03 AM   #39
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Wow! sucks man. Rear subframe looked like it moved
      12-25-2008, 10:30 AM   #40
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:

kev:
the road was wet, clear, and there was no black ice on the road. 2 lanes, pretty wide. i'm sure there was no car on the opposite side that she was trying to swerve away from. definitely looked like she DROVE into my car, which makes me think it was an effect from possible painkillers.
i also hope there is a good enough amount of damage for it to be considered totaled. i'll find out sometime next week. my birthday is jan 24 so i could have myself a bday present

To quote multiple post, you just need to hit the button next to quick reply. It should turn red, when you are done high-lighting all the messages, you can simply hit the reply button.

I see what you are saying now. If she recently had surgery and is still under the influence of narcotics then she'd be in BIG trouble. She'd be more sorry than she could ever be when this is all said and done. From the pictures, it looks like the roads are fairly clear and the roads are not narrow. A couple other angles to look at the reasons why the driver seemed to have zonked out include:

1. a poorly controlled diabetic with HHS
2. a poorly controlled / non-compliant diabetic with hypoglycemia
3. someone with a bad heart and runs of V-tach or other arrhythmias
4. she's prone vasovagal (should have a history in her chart)

Anyways, someone like this driver should not be allowed to remain on the road. She should be taking public transportation instead.
      12-25-2008, 11:08 AM   #41
Miltzu
The flying Finn
Finland
Rep
Drives: '07 335i E92

Quote:
Hey, welcome! Always nice to see new girls on the forum, been feeling a bit lonely here lately!

And I am so sorry about your car, what a beauty! But I am happy to see you are taking it fairly calm, that is the right attitude now. Freaking out completely will just make your life and the people around you worse and not bring your car back...

Keep us posted on what happens!
335i coupe :: 2007 :: Black Sapphire Metallic :: Grey Dakota Leather :: Light Poplar Wood Trim :: Premium Package :: Cold weather package :: Black grilles :: Black front mesh :: CF roundels :: GP Thunders 8500k :: 35% tint :: Custom license plate :: 19" Breyton Race GTS silver wheels w/ General exclaim UHP tires :: OEM style Aero lip with CF splitters :: Black reflectors :: CF license plate frame :: Debadged :: Smoked side markers :: Black window trim :: Black DiMisa exhaust tips
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #42
cycler
Major General
Rep

Quote:

goodfella:
the lady said she recently had back surgery done, maybe she was on painkillers and it affected her driving. and they tell you before you leave the hospital that you should NOT operate heavy machinery so idk what she was doing driving around in a car..

kev:

cycler:
how did you know it was valley stream? haha. and yes i'm an OR nurse

I used to live in Hewlett and I knew people that lived Valley Stream. Plus I was looking at houses in Valley Stream at one point. Then settled on buying a house in South Bellmore. But I also used to drive through there sometimes as well on my way home from work (staten island, now brooklyn)

What hospital do you work in or do you work in a surgery center? Hopefully you are an OR nurse in ophthalmology.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #43
cycler
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltzu View Post
Hey, welcome! Always nice to see new girls on the forum, been feeling a bit lonely here lately!

And I am so sorry about your car, what a beauty! But I am happy to see you are taking it fairly calm, that is the right attitude now. Freaking out completely will just make your life and the people around you worse and not bring your car back...

Keep us posted on what happens!
hey you whats up??? How have you been.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #44
Mark Chen
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 11' E93 M3 LMB

Garage List
2011 BMW E93 M3  [0.00]
wow....Sorry to see that
hope everything is going well in the future

11' LMB E93
///M3

KW V3 / 19" BBS LM DB-SLD 20th limited edition / AP Racing Pro 5000+ BBK / Akrapovic Evolution Line Exhaust / Arkym Rear Diffuser
/Dinan Stage 2 Engine Transmission software
Appreciate 0