E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > This girl sucks...

07-05-2006, 12:18 PM   #23
DesiGUY
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crazy

Garage List
Honestly, I do that all the time to my friends... i dont like distance-friendships or distance-relationships.

Im like that cuz of being lazy(partly), new friends... it doesnt mean that i care less for old friends or something.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2006, 12:21 PM   #24
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

my friend stayed back in Austin, I'm in Houston, he still comes to Houston i find out, but doesnt give me a holla.

this pisses me off. hey, I can appreciate laziness as much as the next guy, but when you're in town, there is no excuse imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiGUY
Honestly, I do that all the time to my friends... i dont like distance-friendships or distance-relationships.

Im like that cuz of being lazy(partly), new friends... it doesnt mean that i care less for old friends or something.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2006, 12:21 PM   #25
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_boy
i'm not going to lie on this, my friends situation really bothers me. What do you guys think i should do? I wouldn't care if he was a friend for 5 years or less, but this guy and i were like SUPER close, you can't even imagine. I have made several attempts to meet up with him, but something always comes up for him (which i think he's just trying to avoid). He never calls, and used to call me at 12:00 a.m. on my birthday and would sing happy bday to me on the phone (till we were like 18!). Everytime I get those chain emails on finding old friends and reuniting before its too late, life's too short, blah blah makes me feel worse about the situation. I just dont' know what the hell happened to him. I thought it was me, but then found out he has done this with other "old" friends as well (though none were as close as him and I, everyone knew we were best friends, and I always thought we'd grow old and remain awesome friends). I wonder if he's embarassed. While the rest of us left school, he took an extra long time. Then he opened up a shop and i heard its not doing too well. A bunch of reasons run through my head but I just dont know what it is. I don't want to ask him though, because that would then be officially acknowledging that something is wrong... but I think i should. But then my ego comes in the way and i wonder why the hell he doesn't take initiative.
i bet you he got himself a girlfriend that controls him ... one of my buddie got a gf half a year ago which bosses him around you wouldn't believe IN FRONT of everyone lol ... the guy havent chilled with us ever since, i mean we still talk on the phone, still calls me, but the girlfriend TOTALLY keeps him grounded...
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2006, 12:25 PM   #26
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:

Hmm ok.. well i havent moved yet. So actually she lives about 10 mins away from me. Maybe once i moved to NYC, yea things would distance themselves naturally. But right now she has no excuse. And she goes to school about 5 mins from my house.

About 3 weeks ago, something came up that i REALLY wanted to talk to her about. She was online so i IMed her telling her that i was gonna call her cause i wanted advice. She was on the phone w/ her man (who JUST left her house after spending the weekend there). I asked if she could call him back cause this was important. NO, she wanted me to type out the entire thing over AIM. I told her screw that. Shes like no ill read it, and i said yea while your on the phone, so basically you'll give me some half ass response cause you arent paying attention...why dont you call me when your done talking to your boyfriend.

Shit like that bugs me. I mean, its not gonna kill you to call him back, esp if your girl wants some advice.
      07-05-2006, 12:28 PM   #27
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Shit like that bugs me. I mean, its not gonna kill you to call him back, esp if your girl wants some advice.
*Adorned in Psychiatrist fits*

Listen, I'll give you advice. How may I help you?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2006, 12:29 PM   #28
tl_boy
Major
Rep

I hate b*tches that do that. REALLY HATE 'EM. And i lose respect for my friends who give in. The trick, listen up fellas, because it can happen to you, is FROM DAY ONE, MAKE IT CLEAR WHO IS BOSS. I'm not kidding. It should be 50/50, but the reality is, men don't care if their women hang out with certain women friends, but if women don't like their man's friends, they MAKE IT A POINT TO cunningly distance themselves. Men are more objective in these things.

My wife and I enjoy a good relationship because i set the groundrules a long time back. #1 Respect for my family. No questions, no compromise. Period. I do the same for hers out of respect for her. #2 I do whatever I want to do within reason. I can make my own plans to go places when i feel like it. I have a good friend who asks his wife for EVERYTHING. And i have overheard girls, they LOOK OUT for guys like that. But this doesn't mean that you guys can go and spend 10k on E90 mods without asking them. You can demand respect only when you give it in return. Otherwise, it won't work.

My friend, he HAD a girlfriend, and yes, around the time we got distanced he just started dating her. But now they have broken up for a couple years, and he is STILL distant! Should i make another last attempt to jump start the friendship, again, I've really made several attempts calling, just asking how he's doing etc, he NEVER reciprocated, and now its been over 2 years since we last communicated at all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush01
i bet you he got himself a girlfriend that controls him ... one of my buddie got a gf half a year ago which bosses him around you wouldn't believe IN FRONT of everyone lol ... the guy havent chilled with us ever since, i mean we still talk on the phone, still calls me, but the girlfriend TOTALLY keeps him grounded...
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #29
tl_boy
Major
Rep

WHEN did she start dating her boyfriend?

Quote:
Hmm ok.. well i havent moved yet. So actually she lives about 10 mins away from me. Maybe once i moved to NYC, yea things would distance themselves naturally. But right now she has no excuse. And she goes to school about 5 mins from my house.

About 3 weeks ago, something came up that i REALLY wanted to talk to her about. She was online so i IMed her telling her that i was gonna call her cause i wanted advice. She was on the phone w/ her man (who JUST left her house after spending the weekend there). I asked if she could call him back cause this was important. NO, she wanted me to type out the entire thing over AIM. I told her screw that. Shes like no ill read it, and i said yea while your on the phone, so basically you'll give me some half ass response cause you arent paying attention...why dont you call me when your done talking to your boyfriend.

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2006, 12:35 PM   #30
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_boy
WHEN did she start dating her boyfriend?
about 5 years ago
      07-05-2006, 12:37 PM   #31
vladinecko
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
no offense, but girls are crazy. i've seen so many bestestestest friends calling each other sisters one day and sluts and bitches the next. the problem is that what you might think is a no-biggie she considers a huge deal and expects you to just figure it out and then apologize. you girls...
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #32
tl_boy
Major
Rep

is everything else cool with her, or could she be having relationship problems, deaths in family.... ANY EXCUSE?? I wonder if its temporary, or if you'll end up being like me in a couple years. pissed and confused. I haven't really done any friend like things with my 'friend' for like 8 years, so yeah, its not a temporary thing in our case.

Quote:
about 5 years ago
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2006, 12:41 PM   #33
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladinecko
no offense, but girls are crazy. i've seen so many bestestestest friends calling each other sisters one day and sluts and bitches the next. the problem is that what you might think is a no-biggie she considers a huge deal and expects you to just figure it out and then apologize. you girls...
Yea but im very blunt and upfront. When she acted all weird in Vegas, i straight up asked her if anything was wrong.. she said no. I asked are you sure? she said yea. So i left it at that.. then 2 days later i found out she was irritated cause i complained of the heat. WELL WTF do you expect, it was 128 degrees outside!! I didnt originally migrate from the sun and shit.. it was HOT.
      07-05-2006, 12:45 PM   #34
DesiGUY
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crazy

Garage List
BellasBmw honey, all i can say is move on.

Your friend maybe good at heart and still cares for u, but with this distance thingy shez unable to express herself or something.

As time goes by, peoples priorities change.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2006, 12:55 PM   #35
tl_boy
Major
Rep

They live 10 minutes away yaar.... read!

Quote:
BellasBmw honey, all i can say is move on.

Your friend maybe good at heart and still cares for u, but with this distance thingy shez unable to express herself or something.

As time goes by, peoples priorities change.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2006, 01:13 PM   #36
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke

Quote:
Yea but im very blunt and upfront. When she acted all weird in Vegas, i straight up asked her if anything was wrong.. she said no. I asked are you sure? she said yea. So i left it at that.. then 2 days later i found out she was irritated cause i complained of the heat. WELL WTF do you expect, it was 128 degrees outside!! I didnt originally migrate from the sun and shit.. it was HOT.

Well that might be your problem, you're more straight forward like a guy and she's a typical female with the mind game mentality..I say find a new friend, one that you think will be loyal to you just as you are to them. The key is to find some that understand you (this sounds crazy, but it's almost like looking for a gf/bf) The key thing is to seperate expectation from reality and don't become too upset if your friend let you down.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2006, 01:18 PM   #37
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScBlacksunshine
The key thing is to seperate expectation from reality and don't become too upset if your friend let you down.
Wise words.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2006, 01:18 PM   #38
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Ill call her, she wont answer the first time. Then she'll call back and say she was busy.

She might have different priorties, but isnt keeping a friendship intact a priority? It is to me, so yea i guess we do have different priorities.
Sounds like she is busy with her own interest that you don't share. You can only do so much and then you just learn to do without. I don't have best friends just buddies that I come across in the military. Hard to keep friends when you more frequently. Just stop trying and see if she will respond. Maybe she will come around.
      07-05-2006, 01:20 PM   #39
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
WELL WTF do you expect, it was 128 degrees outside!! I didnt originally migrate from the sun and shit.. it was HOT.[/QUOTE]
      07-05-2006, 01:29 PM   #40
MG_2006325i_KG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Alpine White

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Bella starts a post and 40 replies within 2 hours.........Fucking Amazing.....Bella gets more replies than the E92 price release
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2006, 01:33 PM   #41
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Ever have a close friend get married and totally cut contact?

That sucks.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2006, 01:34 PM   #42
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]