E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Newbie installed ****** Bov But not Blow off

02-25-2011, 04:02 AM   #23
noipip
E90 325I / E92 335I
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xiRT1 View Post
The front of the BOV is suppose to get hooked up to stock vacuum line.

Your suppose to leave the rear DV in cap off the bottom of it and hook the rear vacuum line on BOV to the top of the stock DV.

To be honest I bought this setup to try it out cause of the price. I like the chargepipe but the BOV sucks.
Doesn't hold boost even when properly setup. I bought a synapse with the proper flange for this CP and now it works great.
So, would u think if i put the Rear DV back and Cap it off then connect the rear Vacuum line on the bov of the back will fix the problems ? Have u seen my second video that it shown the bov is stucking open and the air is stucking inside from the bov? Will it fix that? Thank You!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #24
Bakeme521
Some say...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fresh

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.24]
Quote:

Your suppose to leave the rear DV in cap off the bottom of it and hook the rear vacuum line on BOV to the top of the stock DV.

To be honest I bought this setup to try it out cause of the price. I like the chargepipe but the BOV sucks.
Doesn't hold boost even when properly setup. I bought a synapse with the proper flange for this CP and now it works great.
no no no no, I don't know who said to do that but that is wrong. you want all the vacuum pressure going to the BOV. One guy put up a DIY like that and he did that b/c he didn't know you could run line from the intake manifold.

On a side note I did the same thing, the synapse works awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noipip View Post
So, would u think if i put the Rear DV back and Cap it off then connect the rear Vacuum line on the bov of the back will fix the problems ? Have u seen my second video that it shown the bov is stucking open and the air is stucking inside from the bov? Will it fix that? Thank You!
NO NO, DO NOT DO THAT. with one line connected to the front and both capped off you have it hooked up correctly LEAVE IT. Something is wrong with the BOV. OP just listen to me, send me a picture looking into the front of the BOV.

I have exhaust and an intake...
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #25
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Ya listen to Bakeme, and not the other guy that tells you to install the rear DV and cap it off......

I agree something is wrong with the BOV horn itself.....the BOV should either be blowing out air or not, but it SHOULDN'T be sucking in air.....

IMO, please please just save a few more dollars and get a nice BOV setup......like the Synapse or HKS, or even Tial.......I'm not trying to be an a$$ but sometimes, you really get what you pay for......

Not saying that the ****** don't work, just that there's more chance of something going wrong.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeme521 View Post
Quote:

no no no no, I don't know who said to do that but that is wrong. you want all the vacuum pressure going to the BOV. One guy put up a DIY like that and he did that b/c he didn't know you could run line from the intake manifold.

Quote:
NO NO, DO NOT DO THAT. with one line connected to the front and both capped off you have it hooked up correctly LEAVE IT. Something is wrong with the BOV. OP just listen to me, send me a picture looking into the front of the BOV.

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 11:32 AM   #26
noipip
E90 325I / E92 335I
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Ok.. will upload the picture asap.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #27
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

On second thought. I didn't know that there were 2 outlets on the ****** BOV......If it's anything similar to Synapse's, then you've gotta run the vacuum hose from both outlets, merge them into one using the Y-connector, and then plug the vacuum line from the manifold to the other end of the Y-connector.......

Not saying that this would work, but it's worth a try, as I'm sure you've exhausted all other options........

Check out what I'm talking about with regards to the Synapse BOV having 2 outlets....

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ht=synapse+bov

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #28
335xiRT1
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

If you look at the instructions that are for the ******** BOV that's how you hook up those two vacuum lines.

[QUOTE=cstmx_ryder;9000866]On second thought. I didn't know that there were 2 outlets on the ****** BOV......If it's anything similar to Synapse's, then you've gotta run the vacuum hose from both outlets, merge them into one using the Y-connector, and then plug the vacuum line from the manifold to the other end of the Y-connector.......

Not saying that this would work, but it's worth a try, as I'm sure you've exhausted all other options........

Check out what I'm talking about with regards to the Synapse BOV having 2 outlets....

[url]http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282120
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #29
noipip
E90 325I / E92 335I
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Hi, Here is the picture when the car just startup and the bov starting to stucking air inside. Does the bov have something wrong and it cannot hold the air inside? Thats why the Throttle Body stucking air throught the Bov?? If yes, I gonna switch back to stock. But unfortunately, I broke my DV Vacuum hole on the front. I am looking for replacement. Does anybody have any ideas where can i get it? Thank You!

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #30
335xiRT1
Captain
Rep

Just order a synapse with greedy flange it bolts right on to the CP.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #31
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What's a 'greedy' flange? Did you mean Greddy?

'08 AW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #32
335xiRT1
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post
Quote:
Greddy, damn iPhone.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #33
noipip
E90 325I / E92 335I
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So... does the bov have something wrong??
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 10:19 PM   #34
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

^ did you try what I suggested earlier?

'08 AW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 12:01 AM   #35
335xiRT1
Captain
Rep

******** BOV sucks. Doesn't hold boost.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 12:08 AM   #36
Bakeme521
Some say...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.24]
Sorry for the late reply, but the rear nipple on the ******** BOV is a vent. Hooking up a vacuum line to it will cause problems.

But OP that BOV is stuck in the open position. Thats why when you were hitting the throttle it was actually using it as an intake, and then when you let off the pressure from the slight boost being built blows out slowly. Put your stock setup back on and buy a synapse with the greddy flange and put it on and everything will be fine. But you need to get that off of your car ASAP, you car is building no boost and is sucking in unfiltered air.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 12:24 AM   #37
noipip
E90 325I / E92 335I
United_States
Rep

Quote:
^ did you try what I suggested earlier?
Yes. i Did your suggestions already. But it was samething. The bov still stucking air and Check Engine light show up. After that, i switch it back to original setup. Thx your suggestions.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 12:28 AM   #38
noipip
E90 325I / E92 335I
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply, but the rear nipple on the ******** BOV is a vent. Hooking up a vacuum line to it will cause problems.

But OP that BOV is stuck in the open position. Thats why when you were hitting the throttle it was actually using it as an intake, and then when you let off the pressure from the slight boost being built blows out slowly. Put your stock setup back on and buy a synapse with the greddy flange and put it on and everything will be fine. But you need to get that off of your car ASAP, you car is building no boost and is sucking in unfiltered air.
Thx Bakeme521, You are right. The bov is doing like a intake and keep stucking air in with no filter. But unfortunately, I broke my DV Vacuum hole on the front during i install it. I just placed an order from DDM Tuning. Hope can receive it faster.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #39
illudezion
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05

Bakeme521 is correct! Your photos look correct besides the one where the rear had a vacuum line attached. The vacuum in front should be the only one connected to the TB. The rear one should just be left alone. I had the ******** BOV and it opens at idle. Once throttle is appled it should close up.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #40
Bakeme521
Some say...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.24]
Quote:
Thx Bakeme521, You are right. The bov is doing like a intake and keep stucking air in with no filter. But unfortunately, I broke my DV Vacuum hole on the front during i install it. I just placed an order from DDM Tuning. Hope can receive it faster.
Ok well I wouldn't recommend even starting the car in the state that it is in right now.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #41
e92bmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
And thats why I think bov's are useless for our cars.....
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #42
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemw View Post
And thats why I think bov's are useless for our cars.....
Apparently you haven't done your research.....because someone bought a cheap ass BOV that has a 50-50 chance of working, doesn't mean that BOV are useless, lol.

So because N54s have failing hpfps then our cars are useless.......lol

'08 AW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #43
e92bmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Apparently you haven't done your research.....because someone bought a cheap ass BOV that has a 50-50 chance of working, doesn't mean that BOV are useless, lol.

Yes I have done my homewrk and I know for a fact that bov's dont help out our cars performance wise. Its for people who want a nice sound...thats it.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #44
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemw View Post
Quote:

Yes I have done my homewrk and I know for a fact that bov's dont help out our cars performance wise. Its for people who want a nice sound...thats it.
O I NEVER said it increases performance......DVs are the same shit, diff toilet.......they both allow the FBO guys hold more boost, vs the stock DVs. But I guess you already know that. So in a sense, it has to do with performance......

'08 AW E90 335i
Appreciate 0