E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Hit and run... Again.

05-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #23
INFURNO
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

So I just got back from the police department where I met with the officer that's handling the case. He showed me a copy of the police report, security camera stills of the lady in the store, a picture of the car, her full name, and other details.

The officer said they issued a ticket and send it in the mail.

I made a mistake and did not take a copy of the police report with me. I'm just waiting to get her insurance details so I can finish the claim with them and put this behind me.

This may come out as a happy ending.

Insurance adjuster quoted $814
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #24
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2k11 335is

Someone backed into my 335is with 700 miles on it

I had the car for a month and some dumb @ss in a while car looks like they backed up without turning our of their space and hit me. I had waxed the car the day before which I think saved it more. It left several scrapes 1/2 inch wide and 10+ inches long. I was able to buff out the white paint. Sux having just 700 miles on it before someone ruins your day and leaves a constant reminder.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #25
SAC335i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90

Ouch. That sucks. Hopefully everything works out for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #26
BillyG335d
DIESEL POWER
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

hit and run

I know a guy that the exact same thing happened while he was sitting in the his car and the driver just drove off. He followed them all the way to their house and watched the driver get out and look at the damage on their car and and walk in like nothing had happened. He called the police and reported the hit and run and gave a full description of the driver. His car was covered under no fault / hit and run insurance.
He made a return visit the following night for a PAY BACK visit on the asshole's other car!
He found out later that the hit and run driver tried to file a hit and run report against both of his cars and was charged with filing a false report and leaving the scene of an accident.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #27
s1neater
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i; '99 Porsche 996

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
Same thing happened to my brother, they caught the woman, and she claimed she had a seizure (do seizures cause hit and run?), provided some sort of prescription, and got away with it. Actually my brother chased her down at 50 mph through local streets but backed-off as she drove even faster and got away.
That pisses me off, I actually have epilepsy and while she may have had one and hit the your brothers car that is no excuse for her to just keep going after the fact and not stop, especially since your brother chased her down. She should have at least called the police and asked if there was a reported accident when she saw the damage to her own car. One question I have is when your brother was following her, did she swerve a little bit? If she was driving perfectly straight, or for that matter had to execute a normal turn without swerving in and out of another lane she was not having a seizure.

2008 E92 335i Crimson Red with Saddle Brown Dakota Leather, sport, premium, cold wtr, nav
MODS: DINAN Stage II Software, OEM Aero spoiler, M-Tech Lower Front Bumper Lip, Gloss Black Kidney Grills, Debadged, black lower intake/brake grills.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 12:42 AM   #28
leungsta
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: R8 V10 / Cayenne GTS / Model 3

ouch, something similar happened to my X3! Karma is a bitch though..
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 05:31 AM   #29
alexckma
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: P. Panorama 10, L Gallardo 05

this isn't only a civil claim, but also a criminal offence.

If handled properly you can put her in jail which would be good for the rest of the drivers out there
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 06:36 AM   #30
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1neater View Post
That pisses me off, I actually have epilepsy and while she may have had one and hit the your brothers car that is no excuse for her to just keep going after the fact and not stop, especially since your brother chased her down. She should have at least called the police and asked if there was a reported accident when she saw the damage to her own car. One question I have is when your brother was following her, did she swerve a little bit? If she was driving perfectly straight, or for that matter had to execute a normal turn without swerving in and out of another lane she was not having a seizure.
That woman went on to hit more vehicles as she was evading the police (so my brother was told). My brother ended up getting a check for like $1500 which he was actually happy about, because it was a Elantra which he didn't care too much about anyway.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #31
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost986 View Post
hit and run people are the worst.. if you ever get rear ended and the guy says 'hey lets move off the main road into that parking lot', DON'T do it. happened to me and the guy just took off after I pulled into the lot. people these days ....
Well, YOU are legally required to clear the road if able in every state I know.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #32
IancoleTX
Dillo boxers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

How about pressing some charges for hit
      05-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #33
Timothy J
Captain
Rep
Drives: Too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexckma View Post
this isn't only a civil claim, but also a criminal offence.

If handled properly you can put her in jail which would be good for the rest of the drivers out there
Yeah, good idea. Let's throw a hit and run suspect in jail. \
2024 BMW M2 BSM 6MT Carbon Package
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #34
UDM_Pilot
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M340I xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy J View Post
Yeah, good idea. Let's throw a hit and run suspect in jail. \
I know it seems minor crime but let me share a quick story. A lady is inside her apt when a Repo man arrives to get her SUV. He get it hooked and is winching it onto the flatbed. She comes out, gets in truck, drives away. The Cable snaps, wraps on the guys legs, she drags him for a couple miles unknowingly and he dies. it took all kinds of witnesses honking and yelling before she knew what was in here mirror. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/horr...o-tow-her-suv/

That's not related BUT what if the OP, sitting just a foot away from this chicks bumper as it hits his car WAS injured and she drives away? Yes She deserves Jail in my opinion.
      05-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #35
sneaks
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by INFURNO View Post
So I just got back from the police department where I met with the officer that's handling the case. He showed me a copy of the police report, security camera stills of the lady in the store, a picture of the car, her full name, and other details.

The officer said they issued a ticket and send it in the mail.

I made a mistake and did not take a copy of the police report with me. I'm just waiting to get her insurance details so I can finish the claim with them and put this behind me.

This may come out as a happy ending.

Insurance adjuster quoted $814
All this investigation on the officers part and only sends her a ticket in the mail? Cop is a shirker for sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #36
bimmertt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaks View Post
All this investigation on the officers part and only sends her a ticket in the mail? Cop is a shirker for sure.
Some cops wouldn't even spend the time on a case like this. The OP is lucky that he has her info.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #37
INFURNO
Private First Class
Rep

Just a follow-up on the incident.. let me recap first

1. I called the accident in on Thursday to Allstate 800
2. I called my allstate agent on Friday
[got the police report on Tuesday]
3. I called my allstate agent on Tuesday. They did not want to do anything and asked me to call the 800.
4. I called the allstate 800 on Tuesday (gave them other drivers information)
5. I called the 800 on Wed (gave them other drivers information again)
6. I called the 800 on Friday (today)

I just found out allstate has done nothing so far. They have not contacted the other driver or even filed a claim on her policy. They're just sitting on it like I'm going to forget? Maybe I'm being a little impatient, it's only been 8 days since I first called the accident in.

lesson learned: Catching a hit and run is the easy part. Getting the insurance company to give a damn is the battle.

Another lesson learned, allstate is garbage. In good hands? wtf.

At this point I'm more pissed at allstate than the other driver.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #38
Chillax
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
Well, YOU are legally required to clear the road if able in every state I know.
false
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #39
bimmertt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFURNO View Post
Just a follow-up on the incident.. let me recap first

1. I called the accident in on Thursday to Allstate 800
2. I called my allstate agent on Friday
[got the police report on Tuesday]
3. I called my allstate agent on Tuesday. They did not want to do anything and asked me to call the 800.
4. I called the allstate 800 on Tuesday (gave them other drivers information)
5. I called the 800 on Wed (gave them other drivers information again)
6. I called the 800 on Friday (today)

I just found out allstate has done nothing so far. They have not contacted the other driver or even filed a claim on her policy. They're just sitting on it like I'm going to forget? Maybe I'm being a little impatient, it's only been 8 days since I first called the accident in.

lesson learned: Catching a hit and run is the easy part. Getting the insurance company to give a damn is the battle.

Another lesson learned, allstate is garbage. In good hands? wtf.

At this point I'm more pissed at allstate than the other driver.
If you have the other parties insurance info, you should deal directly with them. I would def. switch away from Allstate after this situation.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #40
AWLE902008
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 TiAg E90

sorry man
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #41
INFURNO
Private First Class
Rep

Allstate's verdict is that she is not liable for the damage.

Can you believe this?

She's caught, the police write a ticket for a hit and run, and Allstate is letting her go.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #42
335hype
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

i had a claim against an allstate driver a few months ago, it took them two weeks to locate the driver and almost four weeks for their "investigation" to confirm the guy that backed into me was actually at fault...terrible experience. allstate =/= good hands

good luck with the case & repair