E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Agressive maps...Wastegate DC% I need some help

11-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #23
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Waiting on Scott to verify if his is doing the same as him and I have the same ECU software that has never been updated
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 10:45 PM   #24
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Thanks Enrita..Like I said it goes to 60.2 at idle as its the norm but Shiv is telling me its not! Other maps I used that work with mycar 7-11 and 12-17 the wg DC always has a value of 60.2 at idle, whereas the other ones including the newest aggressive maps dont...I am asking for some support here but it seems that I am told its normal but from what people have posted the norm is 60.2 at idle
I said that it will only go back to the user defined DC% (in this case 60%) if CAN dbw throttle is below 12%. This value is kept low so that this value can be whatever the user wants it to be during cruise/idle/decel. It will only assume normal DC% values when the engine is under light load and higher. Again, regardless of this setting, it should have absolutely no effect on how the car drives. It is only for addressing wastegate rattle that some cars have.

I sent you an email btw.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 06:58 AM   #25
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
I said that it will only go back to the user defined DC% (in this case 60%) if CAN dbw throttle is below 12%. This value is kept low so that this value can be whatever the user wants it to be during cruise/idle/decel. It will only assume normal DC% values when the engine is under light load and higher. Again, regardless of this setting, it should have absolutely no effect on how the car drives. It is only for addressing wastegate rattle that some cars have.

I sent you an email btw.

Shiv
Thank you...will try it when weather clears...raining today again! Everytime I want to try something it rains
Appreciate 0