E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Coilover problems

05-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #23
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Wide Load

These coilovers seem like they really should have had more testing before being released to the public. I have already seen a few people with similar problems after installing these.

I would honestly ask for a refund and move on as I really think there could be more problems in the future if this is all happened just after initial install

Good luck though guys
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #24
2010MSPORT335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
I got mine settled and I am happy with it. I already went through my scene phase and dont care about lowness. so I have them at 29 threads up front and 10 threads in the back with the 9" rear spring.

This pic is with 10 threads left up front without settling, which these coils seemed to settle a lot.

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #25
Mad K
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
These coilovers seem like they really should have had more testing before being released to the public. I have already seen a few people with similar problems after installing these.

I would honestly ask for a refund and move on as I really think there could be more problems in the future if this is all happened just after initial install

Good luck though guys
FA told me that they haven't sold that many of these coils to the e90/e92 crowd and that they were willing to help me figure it all out. Performance is what i'm most after, the lowness thing is just something extra i want. Been in other cars that have had the 500 series and they handled amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idk alex View Post
I got mine settled and I am happy with it. I already went through my scene phase and dont care about lowness. so I have them at 29 threads up front and 10 threads in the back with the 9" rear spring.

This pic is with 10 threads left up front without settling, which these coils seemed to settle a lot.
Lowness thing is just until the car gets older then i will beat the living shit out of it on the track.

My fronts settle like an inch from when i drop it back onto the ground and dont move even if I drive around. Somethings definitely not right there. Thinking they were valved to stiff for the 12k springs. FA thinks the same, so i have to send them back to get re-valved for the 6k springs. Hopefully everything will be setup correctly when i get them back, also Chris said i would be able to switch the rear spring out if I wanted, so i'm sending back the 9 inch for an 8 inch.

I can still see the top of the tire in the front of my car, slammed and settled. Rear is tucking half of the tire and thats slammed and settled. Want it to be at the rim slammed and i figure with it raised all the way up, it would be at the top of the tire in the rear. Difference between slammed and raised should be about 2 inches so i see the 8 inch rear spring being perfect.

Last edited by Mad K; 05-06-2013 at 07:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #26
2010MSPORT335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Hey man, did you ever figure it out? I absolutely have been in love with my set up.

Seriously has been handling rediculous
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #27
Mad K
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by idk alex View Post
Hey man, did you ever figure it out? I absolutely have been in love with my set up.

Seriously has been handling rediculous
Sent the front shocks in the get revalved for the 6k springs and get some 8 inch springs for the rear. Next update i do, the suspension should be all set and figured out and i'll let you know. By then i should also have my wheels on too..., but i'll only get to drive it for a couple days after everythings all set.. Damn deployment lol
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #28
Mad K
Private First Class
Rep

Update...

Front shocks installed and seem fine. Havent driven because of below but they go low enough for me...

Went to adjust my rear height. Now i figure its easier to just lower the control arm, take the perch out and adjust it by hand seeing how theres barely any room to get the spanner wrench in there. So i proceed to loosen/remove the 2 bolts/nuts and when i get to the lower mount for the coilover, the nut caught the stud and caused the stud on the lower mount to snap in half...

This happens the day before im supposed to head to FL. FML... and I leave for deployment this Saturday... Chris said they don't have the lower mounts in stock and is trying to get one in and overnighted to me so I can have it this Friday.
Appreciate 0