E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > MazdaSpeed3 Breaks 500 WHP - how is it fueled when compared to N54?

01-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #45
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, retired SLK55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
To be honest; if I was looking for another platform and my main goal was mod ability and tuning potential; my money would always go on an Evo. The market is limitless, anything is possible, tons of vendors and any power level you can imagine is possible; money is your only limit.

The only problem is that I could never daily drive that car. It would be very hard to give up the nice TQ curve this motor offers, the creature comforts and class in such a fantastic package.
Not trying to deviate from your original post but...

I do agree the EVO is a great and proven platform but I think the FRS/BRZ may be an even bigger success. WHEN, not if, the turbo (oem or aftermarket) comes, it will have everything needed to be an amazing car. Although I admire AWD platforms, but this car wont need it.

I imagine something like this...
MT, LSD, low center gravity, lightened to 2600 lbs, 3-350whp turbo, & aftermarket suspension. That will be a track dream.

Back to OP. Yes, where the hell is our fuel solution etc?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 03:41 AM   #46
Bash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92-335i

Its nice/impressive for the MS3 to have a 500whp output, max torque to redline, but to be honest im not too impressed with the track numbers especially with the trap speeds, i feel the traction issues but i assume these are lighter than our bimmers, ET not too impressive. Good luck...

Now lets see improvements on our platform

COBB S2+ - Mr.5 CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, AMS FMIC.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 05:15 AM   #47
tscdennab
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW  [6.24]
I think the reason why there is no upgraded fuel system until now for the N54 is the fact that the engine already supports huge amounts of extra power and torque with the current fuel system. I agree that piggyback tuners got rich from the N54 market without giving much worthwhile stuff in return. An example: instead of proper intakes, they created the cheap dual-cone. They weren't even able to upgrade the existing turbos. Can you imagine a tuner holding on to the car's warranty ?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 06:38 AM   #48
nitehawk
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Garage List
Looking forward to what Cobb has in store for us this year
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #49
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbj View Post
This is why I'm really looking into the upcoming FRS/BRZ. It has a great base (6MT, RWD, LSD, 2700lbs) and there will be TONS of options available.
You and me both bud! Unmodified C63 sedan for daily driving and a heavily modded BRZ STi for track/fun is they way I'm going, just waiting on the turbo 4 to be announced. Just like you, it's a love hate relationship with the 335. My current Merc is bombproof, they have come a long way since being Crystler owned.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0