E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Feeler for CP-E full exhaust specifically for e90 335i

06-23-2007, 04:35 PM   #45
doc1911
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sold my 335i and looking

What is the status on production? Have you had any of the drone problems that some people with the Eisenmann Race have had?

If I have quad tips put on will the Kerscher rear fit?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2007, 11:06 AM   #46
ThinkEntropy
Private
Rep
Drives: Mazdaspeed6

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1911 View Post
What is the status on production? Have you had any of the drone problems that some people with the Eisenmann Race have had?

If I have quad tips put on will the Kerscher rear fit?

We're making good progress

We've got the prototype almost finished, and we'll continue working on it, probably for the rest of this week. We've got all of the material in, and we just got the tips in last week. Next week we'll probably start on the fixtures (used to consistently reproduce our products), and then we can start manufacturing these catbacks in quantity!

As far as which bumper will fit quad tips, I can't answer that unfortunately. Maybe someone more knowledgable about the aftermarket offerings than myself can answer that one for you
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2007, 07:52 PM   #47
doc1911
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sold my 335i and looking

Thanks for the update. I am trying to putit all together and am very interested in the final product.

What is are the center-line measurements (without tips) between the exhaust? I'm trying to see if I find a quad tip if it will fit the rear bumper

Have you had any drone issues with the test systems? I have a 30+ mile hightway drive to and from work.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 01:58 PM   #48
ThinkEntropy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1911 View Post
Thanks for the update. I am trying to putit all together and am very interested in the final product.

What is are the center-line measurements (without tips) between the exhaust? I'm trying to see if I find a quad tip if it will fit the rear bumper

Have you had any drone issues with the test systems? I have a 30+ mile hightway drive to and from work.

Great! I'm so happy to hear that you're interested in our catback exhaust

You're also asking a great question that I'm not yet able to answer. We almost completed the prototype this past weekend, and the last section we need to finish is the rear. Once we complete the last section I'll be able to take that center-to-center measurement for you. If you wouldn't mind, shoot me a PM to remind me and I'll grab those numbers for you when the time comes. If I can, I'll also try to grab some pictures for you.

This system is totally devoid of any drone on the highway, which was partially a function of the x-crossover we used. At low throttle angles the exhaust system sounds nearly stock. That means idle and cruising volume is nearly unchanged, but things sound much more aggressive when you really get on it. Our system may not be as fancy as the stock setup without having the exhaust flapper valve, but we've tuned this system to be pretty mild during cruise, and to really wake up at WOT.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2007, 10:56 AM   #49
Blk07335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2

Definitely interested. I'm not too far away from you guys. If I drove my car down for the day would you be able to do the install as well?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2007, 04:45 PM   #50
ThinkEntropy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk07335i View Post
Definitely interested. I'm not too far away from you guys. If I drove my car down for the day would you be able to do the install as well?

We've done some installs in the past, but we're really not a performance shop. In order to get a car in here we'd have to move a lot of our equipment out of the way, and we'd also need to have our guys spend time on the install instead of manufacturing (which pays our bills) so our labor rate is going to be pretty outrageous. But, we'd be happy to refer you to some reputable tuner shops in the area who would gladly install our catback for you. We've had great success with a tuner in Gaithersburg, and another in Jessup. If either of those places are close to you then PM me and I'll send you the details so you can arrange a date with them if you wish.

As far as an update, we've almost finished the first prototype. We have the entire rear section mocked up and we're going to weld it together here shortly. As soon as its done we'll post up some updated pics and sound clips. :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 10:57 PM   #51
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: You Crazy w/ My Rear Fogs

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
Alright Gentlemen,

I picked my car up last night and the result was......

:rocks:

I figure I'd let the smiley faces tell you how I felt about the exhaust. The car sounds absolutely amazing. I am 100% satisfied and 1000% in love with the sound.

I had a few criterion when I began looking for an exhaust. First, I didn't want anything even remotely ricey with that high pitched whine and rattle sound. Next, I wanted something that was louder than the stock exhaust but not deafening. Third, it had to come without the drone you get at highway, steady speeds, cause we all know that could get real annoying on a long road trip or even on your moring comute. Lastly, it needed to produce some sort of HP increase over the stock. Custom Performance Engineering (CP-E) not only met these criterion, they easily surpassed them. It has been mentioned before that this exhaust will have a Ferrari sound to it and believe me, it does. It purrrrrs at idle and Growwwwwwwwls at Wot! I guarantee if you are looking for the perfect exhaust for your 335, look no further.

I spoke to the guys tonight and they said they will have sound clips up by tomorrow AM and my only hope is that the video will do this exhaust justice.

I am posting a few pics I took today from various angles to show everyone the custom angle they threw on the mufflers and tips. At first, when I heard they planned to do this I was a little worried, but the second I saw the rear of my baby I couldn't happier. You'll notice that they made the mufflers and tips tilt at the exact angle as the bumper, therefore conforming to the line of the car and bumper in a more pleasing fashion.

Also, just want to mention that if there is anyone in the region that wants to stop by or take ride to see how they feel about the exhaust, please feel free to PM me and we can try to set something up. Better do it this week though, cause I only have it on my rise till this weekend.

The timeline will look something like this: I drive around on the exhaust for the week and return it this weekend. They take the following week to jig it up and and then send it off to be manufactured which will probably take close to 2 weeks. All said and done, these should be available in cloes to a month's time.
Attached Images

A/W 335i e90 l Sirius l M6 Wheels l M5 Bumper l Eibachs l 20% Tint l CPE Exhaust & Standback l BLK Matte Trim l Xenon Interiors l Lux 4.0 l 8000k D1S l MTEC H7/H11s l Invisibulbs l BLK Matte Grill l Blacklines l Alum Pedals l Splt Armrest l Rear Fogs l RBT l K&N
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2007, 10:59 PM   #52
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
couple more
Attached Images

A/W 335i e90 l Sirius l M6 Wheels l M5 Bumper l Eibachs l 20% Tint l CPE Exhaust & Standback l BLK Matte Trim l Xenon Interiors l Lux 4.0 l 8000k D1S l MTEC H7/H11s l Invisibulbs l BLK Matte Grill l Blacklines l Alum Pedals l Splt Armrest l Rear Fogs l RBT l K&N
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 06:12 AM   #53
Mr.F1 Fan
Loyal Tifoso since 1986
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Monaco E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Alright Gentlemen,

I picked my car up last night and the result was......

:rocks:

I figure I'd let the smiley faces tell you how I felt about the exhaust. The car sounds absolutely amazing. I am 100% satisfied and 1000% in love with the sound.

I had a few criterion when I began looking for an exhaust. First, I didn't want anything even remotely ricey with that high pitched whine and rattle sound. Next, I wanted something that was louder than the stock exhaust but not deafening. Third, it had to come without the drone you get at highway, steady speeds, cause we all know that could get real annoying on a long road trip or even on your moring comute. Lastly, it needed to produce some sort of HP increase over the stock. Custom Performance Engineering (CP-E) not only met these criterion, they easily surpassed them. It has been mentioned before that this exhaust will have a Ferrari sound to it and believe me, it does. It purrrrrs at idle and Growwwwwwwwls at Wot! I guarantee if you are looking for the perfect exhaust for your 335, look no further.

I spoke to the guys tonight and they said they will have sound clips up by tomorrow AM and my only hope is that the video will do this exhaust justice.

I am posting a few pics I took today from various angles to show everyone the custom angle they threw on the mufflers and tips. At first, when I heard they planned to do this I was a little worried, but the second I saw the rear of my baby I couldn't happier. You'll notice that they made the mufflers and tips tilt at the exact angle as the bumper, therefore conforming to the line of the car and bumper in a more pleasing fashion.

Also, just want to mention that if there is anyone in the region that wants to stop by or take ride to see how they feel about the exhaust, please feel free to PM me and we can try to set something up. Better do it this week though, cause I only have it on my rise till this weekend.

The timeline will look something like this: I drive around on the exhaust for the week and return it this weekend. They take the following week to jig it up and and then send it off to be manufactured which will probably take close to 2 weeks. All said and done, these should be available in cloes to a month's time.
I'll buy you coffee at Spout Run Starbucks of you can make it over there to show off the car. Let me know if you can work it out sometime this week. I'll PM with my cell. Looks awesome, hope it sounds as good as it looks. What have you noticed about the performance?

-F1
Nov 26th she has made landfall in NYC.
Now the wait for PCD begins! Scheduled for 12.21.07

Last edited by Mr.F1 Fan; 07-11-2007 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 06:45 AM   #54
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Sweet! Swoop

Cant wait to see it at our Fall Meet
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 09:19 AM   #55
sstarch1
From Russia With Boost
Rep
Drives: E92 335i - Vroom

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I want to hear this thing now!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 10:36 AM   #56
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
I'll take some camera phone video of the car driving around the parking garage when I leave work today...as a sort of teaser....hopefully it will turn out...

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 10:38 AM   #57
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
I know the CP-E guys were having a little trouble transfering over the video cam vids onto their PC and their Electronics pro is out of town for a few days......No worries though, it'll be up soon

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #58
rabyrab
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Looks sick Jesse, Westside!

Need audio for everybody

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 11:33 AM   #59
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.F1 Fan View Post
I'll buy you coffee at Spout Run Starbucks of you can make it over there to show of the car. Let me know if you can work it out sometime this week. I'll PM with my cell. Looks awesome, hope it sounds as good as it looks. What have you noticed about the performance?

-F1
Hey Ed, dunno where Spout Run is exactly, but I have a game out in Woodbridge (at the minor league field) tonight till about 10 or so, Practice at George Mason High School tomorrow night till about 10:15pm, and relatively free Friday night....

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #60
Mr.F1 Fan
Loyal Tifoso since 1986
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey Ed, dunno where Spout Run is exactly, but I have a game out in Woodbridge (at the minor league field) tonight till about 10 or so, Practice at George Mason High School tomorrow night till about 10:15pm, and relatively free Friday night....
Sorry, thought you were in Georgetown...it's right across Key bridge then off to the right on the GW-parkway to the first left, "Spout Run" which run you up to Lyon Villiage where The Italian store is and Starbucks. It's about 2 minutes once you hit key bridge. Are you living in G-Town?
-F1

Edit:If by George Mason High School you mean the one in Falls Church, that is about three minutes from my house. I will definitly check it out if that is where you will be.
-Ed
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 01:01 PM   #61
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
Oh, yeah....I could prob swing by there before my game tonight or B4 or after practice tomorrow.....Didn't realize it was so close....

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 02:17 PM   #62
Mr.F1 Fan
Loyal Tifoso since 1986
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh, yeah....I could prob swing by there before my game tonight or B4 or after practice tomorrow.....Didn't realize it was so close....
don't sweat it. I can slid by the filed at George Mason in FC and catch up without you having to do something special. PM me the details and I will show up a couple minute before to check out the exhaust.

-F1
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 06:00 PM   #63
PSI Power
Twin Power Goodness
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 ZCP SO

Looks nice!
I want to check it out in person as well.
I will not be town tomorrow. Will be back late Friday from WV.

Thanks for the update Swoop.
'06 Honda S2000, Laguna Blue - Current
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2007, 12:41 PM   #64
ThinkEntropy
Private
Rep

Alright! We finally got some sound clips up! So sorry for the delay guys

I'm actually out of town at the moment, but I'll be periodically checking the computer today. If you guys have any questions about the system please post them up and I'm sure between Jesse and I we'll be able to answer them. Thanks guys! :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2007, 01:54 PM   #65
Mr.F1 Fan
Loyal Tifoso since 1986
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Swoop,
You still practicing at George Mason High tonight? What time? Can I swing by and check it out? You get my PM?......give me a call on my cell.

-F1
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2007, 04:47 PM   #66
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
Yeah, I usually get there about 7:30 or so, but I should be in the parking lot near the football field around 7:10 or so.

Appreciate 0