E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Does anybody think that the New Lexus Is looks dated already.

04-09-2006, 10:36 AM   #45
ABR
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325er
I totally agree with you dude, are you from Toronto area? Those IS's are already everywhere, and they do look dated and boring already. I can't believe i ever considered one.
I double that. IS looks much better on pictures, then in the real life. I see them all the time now, and there no comparison to E90 looks IMHO.

Taste differ, so IS is and will appeal for some, but for me it hard to keep excitement with current design.
      04-09-2006, 10:47 AM   #46
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

I dont think it looks dated, and I actually prefer the interior of the IS over the e90...

However, I prefer the exterior of the e90, plus included maint, better resale value, etc, etc, etc...

I'll still go drive the Lexus before I purchase an e90, but I doubt I'll end up with one...

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2006, 02:08 AM   #47
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [10.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBimmer
My point was, unless you get on top of one and look at it closely, they all look alike. That's all. The typical Jap. car look.
I can see where some people think they styling of Japanese cars is similar or derivative but I can honestly say I've never mistaken a Scion TC or Mazda 3 for a Lexus. I also happen to like the styling of the TC and the IS350. They look good.
      04-10-2006, 02:13 AM   #48
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [10.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Its the Chinese that have made it boring...once they get hold of a car for me its the kiss of death, they totally ruin it. First of all they buy so many of them they are everywhere, secondly the customize them in suc a tacky, lame way it wrecks whatever allure the car may have once had.

That's not to say they dont kill bmw's too because the E46 was a turn off to mee for the same reason. I've already seen a lot od E90's on the road and yes the Chinese have got hold of them too, jsut go to any BMW dealer in the Toronto area and look who's shopping... but not too bad yet. Within a year it will be a mess... but still when they overpopulate the Japanese cars its such a turn off, even more so than with German cars.

Just today I saw an IS350 with a little 4 foot 10 inch Chinese chick in it and I'm thinking can you imagine me driving the same car a a chick like that? FORGET IT!!!

For those of you under the illusion that the Lexus is some rare good looking car wake up! Come up here and you'll be puking in no time trust me.
Wow dude, that's pretty offensive ... can't believe you don't see that.
      04-10-2006, 02:50 AM   #49
NPinUK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325i M Sport

Quote:
I totally agree with you dude, are you from Toronto area? Those IS's are already everywhere, and they do look dated and boring already. I can't believe i ever considered one. Its the Chinese that have made it boring...once they get hold of a car for me its the kiss of death, they totally ruin it. First of all they buy so many of them they are everywhere,
That is one of the most pathetic thing i have heard in my life. I aint chinese but that is some sad racist s**t. Whats wrong with chinese people being everywhere, so are many other people from other countries are "everywhere".
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2006, 03:09 AM   #50
SRT
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series

I've only come across a few of the new IS here in London but they certainly do not look out dated. They do incite a second glance and have that "I'm a new car, look at me" appeal. It definitely stands out.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2006, 03:11 AM   #51
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
I totally agree with you dude, are you from Toronto area? Those IS's are already everywhere, and they do look dated and boring already. I can't believe i ever considered one. Its the Chinese that have made it boring...once they get hold of a car for me its the kiss of death, they totally ruin it. First of all they buy so many of them they are everywhere, secondly the customize them in suc a tacky, lame way it wrecks whatever allure the car may have once had.

That's not to say they dont kill bmw's too because the E46 was a turn off to mee for the same reason. I've already seen a lot od E90's on the road and yes the Chinese have got hold of them too, jsut go to any BMW dealer in the Toronto area and look who's shopping... but not too bad yet. Within a year it will be a mess... but still when they overpopulate the Japanese cars its such a turn off, even more so than with German cars.

Just today I saw an IS350 with a little 4 foot 10 inch Chinese chick in it and I'm thinking can you imagine me driving the same car a a chick like that? FORGET IT!!!

For those of you under the illusion that the Lexus is some rare good looking car wake up! Come up here and you'll be puking in no time trust me.
only in canada.........

where is Brett "The Hitman" Hart when you need him......

Last edited by NaTuReB0Y; 04-10-2006 at 03:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2006, 03:26 AM   #52
BiggieJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335 ZSPZPPOPP

Quote:
I totally agree with you dude, are you from Toronto area? Those IS's are already everywhere, and they do look dated and boring already. I can't believe i ever considered one. Its the Chinese that have made it boring...once they get hold of a car for me its the kiss of death, they totally ruin it. First of all they buy so many of them they are everywhere, secondly the customize them in suc a tacky, lame way it wrecks whatever allure the car may have once had.

DUDE...yesterday i saw this canadian guy in a e90...now i have to go and sell it. LOL!!!

guys like this makes me appricaite my entire life. anytime, anything goes worng i can say "well...at least im not that dude..." what an a hole.

anyhow back to the topic:

lexus builds very nice cars but the new IS lacks presence on the raod. i was 2 secs from pre ordering the new IS but im glad i waited. still a fan but everytime i see one on the raod, i think its nice but it doesnt stand out. the GS on the other hand, nicely done...but still need some work on the german "feel." but everytime i see anohter e90 on the raod, i just stare at it. perfect. but than again i think im biased now
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2006, 08:31 AM   #53
mugen_ferio
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 328i / E92 335i

Garage List
since what i wanted to say about you has already been covered, I'll just re-emphasize that you're a loser.

anyways, I don't think the IS looks outdated yet, but it does suck that all the lexus cars have basically the same style, and now along with the new camry too
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2006, 01:53 PM   #54
JO3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen_ferio
since what i wanted to say about you has already been covered, I'll just re-emphasize that you're a loser.

anyways, I don't think the IS looks outdated yet, but it does suck that all the lexus cars have basically the same style, and now along with the new camry too
I don't get why that sucks... don't all the BMWs, Audi's, and Mercs have essentially the same style as the other cars from their "families"?? And Audi shares a lot with VW.

It's pretty common in the automotive industry. Don't see anything wrong with it.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2006, 03:24 PM   #55
rayxi
researcher
Rep
Drives: '15 328i xDrive

Quote:

You are one racist FUCK!! How about you try not buying anything that was made in China, trust me, you won't have many other choices. Piece of shit, its assholes like you that FUCK UP the BMW E90 and make it unattractive. I'm probably going to get blocked or something by administration but I'd know that I told off a MOTHER-FUCKER!!
      04-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #56
mugen_ferio
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 328i / E92 335i

Garage List
well, it's because to me, all the other Lexus cars don't look too exciting. I prefer the last generation's IS, it had more of it's own character imo.

and I do understand most companies do it, but to me, each car still has their own character too, but for Lexus (esp the new ones), they seem to look like each other too much and their Toyota counterparts, maybe that's just me.
2019 BSM G20 330i (Hong Kong)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #57
colonelburke
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e60 550i

Blaming the Chinese? That's so odd I chuckled. I also agree on everyones' racist points, but it just seemed so out of place, I have trouble seeing how anyone took the post seriously.

Anyway, I like the IS, but like others have said, its just not for me. There is one around here and I think it looks better in person, but not enough to sway me.
Appreciate 0