E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Environment

View Poll Results: Do you?
Yes 31 60.78%
No 15 29.41%
Styrofoam for Everyone! 5 9.80%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

09-16-2010, 10:10 AM   #45
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
I definitely disagree with your statement that nothing would get done in a utopian society.
http://www.neatorama.com/2007/08/17/...bed-miserably/

They work only in theory. But theories don't take into account human nature. IE. jealousy, corruption, love, loyalty, etc. All of these things make Utopian societies impossible.

You are still in school, I studied philosophy before moving on to psychology. I was an idealist, just like you. When you go out into the world you will realize the world has no time to waste on being fair and just. And you will be wasting your own time judging everyone around you.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 10:10 AM   #46
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
Absolutely, I can forward you the address of some E-Waste recycling programs that will send you a bucket for like $100.00. You fill the bucket with burnt out LEDs and they send you back a certificate.

They take the LEDs and crush them into tiny little bits while a vacuum sucks all of the nasty stuff into a coal filtration unit and then a hepa filter. I have installed a couple of the actual machines in some of the larger office buildings in NYC to deal with the 1000's of bulbs they dispose of a month. Pretty cool lil contraption.
we installed some windmill/solar panel powered lights for our garden in Lebanon..
which is why I was asking if LEDs are actually enviromentally friendly

picture from my room

saving us a hell lot in electricity bills!

in 4 months they already covered their cost
      09-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #47
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

They work only in theory. But theories don't take into account human nature. IE. jealousy, corruption, love, loyalty, etc. All of these things make Utopian societies impossible.

You are still in school, I studied philosophy before moving on to psychology. I was an idealist, just like you. When you go out into the world you will realize the world has no time to waste on being fair and just. And you will be wasting your own time judging everyone around you.
yup
that's why Communism failed!
people were lazy
      09-16-2010, 10:18 AM   #48
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
we installed some windmill/solar panel powered lights for our garden in Lebanon..

picture from my room

LEDs are the newest technology available to the consumer. They do use more mercury than old school incandescent bulbs. Cost to produce an LED is astronomical compared to old technology as well. However, LEDs last an extremely long time, are very energy efficient, and produce (imho) a brighter light than similarly sized apparatus.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #49
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 Mustang 5.0

Quote:
yup
that's why Communism failed!
people were lazy
That's why capitalism is so great... people work harder for wants and desires. In the US people have an equal chance to suceed, it's just some of them don't care to work hard enough and would rather take hand-outs... and minorities actually have more chances thanks to affimative action, which is complete B.S. I really don't understand some people thinking that equality should be everyone having the same "things" vs everyone having an equal chance to work towards obtaining those "things".
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #50
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
LEDs are the newest technology available to the consumer. They do use more mercury than old school incandescent bulbs. Cost to produce an LED is astronomical compared to old technology as well. However, LEDs last an extremely long time, are very energy efficient, and produce (imho) a brighter light than similarly sized apparatus.
these are supposed to last us around 10 years before we need to change the head and they already covered their cost in bulbs, electricity, and everything that it is saving us.. and hella bright!
We used to have regular bulbs there.. every 2-3 months we'd change them

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER11 View Post
That's why capitalism is so great... people work harder for wants and desires. In the US people have an equal chance to suceed, it's just some of them don't care to work hard enough and would rather take hand-outs... and minorities actually have more chances thanks to affimative action, which is complete B.S. I really don't understand some people thinking that equality should be everyone having the same "things" vs everyone having an equal chance to work towards obtaining those "things".
100% agree
      09-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #51
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:

Meh. Well regardless, the world would be a much better place after implementing the things I was talking about. The things I mentioned are not unachievable...well actually I guess they are, since most people are too stupid to see the benefits of moving toward a system of which I spoke about. Though, if we just "removed" these people the issue would go away.

Humans will die out long before the sun goes kaput.

Quote:
Agree with you there. Affirmative action is the biggest pile of horseshit I have ever heard. What fucking morons put that into place?

The people who don't care to work hard enough shouldn't be given handouts, they should just be left to die. Natural selection.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #52
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:

picture from my room

very
      09-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #53
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Agree with you there. Affirmative action is the biggest pile of horseshit I have ever heard. What fucking morons put that into place?

The people who don't care to work hard enough shouldn't be given handouts, they should just be left to die. Natural selection.
We agree... I guess affirmative action might have been good when it was first implemented but now it is just abused and should be done away with. That won't happen though, thanks to the piece of shit ACLU, LULAC and other racist ass organizations like that. Of course my polish girlfriend(now wife) got a scollege cholarship from LULAC in high school but thats just because no hispanics applied for it...

I would guess about 70% or more that are on welfare are capable of working but don't because they were raised on welfare and don't see the need to work and will just keep the trend going with their "chilwren". Before the welfare needs to get fixed they need to send all these illegal aliens to the southern most tip of South America and leave the fuckers there and just blast away any fucker seen crossing the US/mexico border illegally. It just pisses me off more and more everytime I see a billboard in spanish, a car filled with 40 mexicans in the fast lane going 15 mph under the speed limit or them using a damn lonestar card to buy their groceries while they have nice clothes and a Coach purse but of course can't speak english and have to get their damn kids to translate. I could go on all day about that but I need to stop because thinking about that shit is making me want to go punch some babies.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 11:27 AM   #54
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Don't go too far monster. The billboards are in spanish because the area is primarily spanish speaking. That is advertisers taking into account the area's demographic. And immigration is still the reason we became the nation we are. Now have things gotten out of control on our border to the south? Absolutely. Are serious and swift actions necessary? Absolutely. But remember one thing, while we attempt to better educate the american people with our education system, we will still need those who immigrate to do jobs here that require no education. If you are trying to say they are stealing jobs. IMHO they are stealing jobs from those who have long since taken their citizenship for granted by choosing to drop out of school, etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 11:45 AM   #55
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Don't go too far monster. The billboards are in spanish because the area is primarily spanish speaking. That is advertisers taking into account the area's demographic. And immigration is still the reason we became the nation we are. Now have things gotten out of control on our border to the south? Absolutely. Are serious and swift actions necessary? Absolutely. But remember one thing, while we attempt to better educate the american people with our education system, we will still need those who immigrate to do jobs here that require no education. If you are trying to say they are stealing jobs. IMHO they are stealing jobs from those who have long since taken their citizenship for granted by choosing to drop out of school, etc.
I'm talking ILLEGAL immigration. They are taking jobs from people US citizens... I'm sure there are plenty of people that would work the jobs that the illegals are taking, they just won't do it for $5/hr. I don't give a shit if that's the demographic in that area or not, by catering to these dumb fuckers that won't learn english it not only costs us more money it gives them no reason to learn english. Part of the problem is the government allowing lazy fuckers to sit at home and collect money for doing nothing when they are perfectly capable of going out and getting a damn job but that doesn't mean we let these people come across our border freely, work without paying taxes and then send their money back to the 3rd world country they came from.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 11:48 AM   #56
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep

$11 billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.
Illegal households only pay about one-third the amount of federal taxes that non-illegal households pay.
Illegal households create a net fiscal deficit at the federal level of more than $10 billion a year. If given amnesty, this number could grow to more than $29 billion.
$1.9 billion dollars a year is spent on food-assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
$1.6 billion is spent on the federal prison and court system for illegal aliens.
$2.5 billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
About 21 percent of the population of U.S. prisons is classified as “noncitizens” from Mexico, Colombia, Cuba and the Dominican Republic. About 5 percent is listed as “unknown.”
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #57
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep

Texas alone...and this is from 2005.

Education. Based on estimates of the illegal immigrant population in Texas and documented costs of K-12 schooling, Texans spend more than $4 billion annually on education for illegal immigrant children and for their U.S.-born siblings. About 11.9 percent of the K-12 public school students in Texas are children of illegal aliens.

Health Care. Taxpayer-funded medical outlays for health care provided to the state’s illegal alien population amount to about $520 million a year.

Incarceration. The uncompensated cost of incarcerating illegal aliens in Texas’s state and county prisons amounts to about $150 million a year (not including local jail detention costs or related law enforcement and judicial expenditures or the monetary costs of the crimes that led to their incarceration).
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #58
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

I like how this went from enviroment to illegal immigration lol
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #59
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
I'm talking ILLEGAL immigration. They are taking jobs from people US citizens... I'm sure there are plenty of people that would work the jobs that the illegals are taking, they just won't do it for $5/hr. I don't give a shit if that's the demographic in that area or not, by catering to these dumb fuckers that won't learn english it not only costs us more money it gives them no reason to learn english. Part of the problem is the government allowing lazy fuckers to sit at home and collect money for doing nothing when they are perfectly capable of going out and getting a damn job but that doesn't mean we let these people come across our border freely, work without paying taxes and then send their money back to the 3rd world country they came from.
learn spanish and all your problems will be solved tin foil hat man

Last edited by ghosthi32; 09-16-2010 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #60
MontegoGoGoGo
I'm kind of a bitch
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego/Cream E93

Garage List
2007 E93  [0.00]
Quote:
I guess it really doesn't matter because you would have to have a world full of "left" thinking people, which will never happen, Thank God.

Are you following me??? I'm sorry I don't agree with you that someone should have control of every point of our lives... I don't see why people can't just take care of their own shit. I don't give a shit about some poor peice of shit fucker on welfare, it's not my problem. I'm just rambling now, so I'm going to go...

A) You totally care because you keep talking about it.

B) If you make any sort of money, it is your problem, because you're paying for it.
      09-16-2010, 01:37 PM   #61
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoGoGoGo View Post
A) You totally care because you keep talking about it.

B) If you make any sort of money, it is your problem, because you're paying for it.
A) You are taking what he is saying too literally. Of course he cares that there are people out there that are leeching off of the system. He's saying that they shouldn't be his problem; He shouldn't HAVE to care about them.

B) Again, you are taking it way too literally. He's saying that it SHOULDN'T be his problem.
      09-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #62
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
A) You are taking what he is saying too literally. Of course he cares that there are people out there that are leeching off of the system. He's saying that they shouldn't be his problem; He shouldn't HAVE to care about them.

B) Again, you are taking it way too literally. He's saying that it SHOULDN'T be his problem.
You get it... why can't the other guy.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #63
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
learn spanish and all your problems will be solved tin foil hat man
Yeah I think I'll just give in... I'll go learn spanish, forget english, mow yards, pay no taxes, drive around with no insurance, learn to drive like shit, have 10 kids, send them to school that I pay no taxes for and let them get free lunch, collect welfare and use "free" medical clinics because, hey... I don't pay for it.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #64
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
And it's only going to get worse, until this country realizes that Obama's main agenda is to cater to his welfare society. And no, that's NOT overexaggerating. Hopefully things will begin to change in November.

When he was first elected, we were continually saying "and things are only going to get worse", and so far it's been correct.
      09-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #65
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Quote:
Because your soapbox is annoying. Even though I agree with 90%+ of what you are saying.

I still don't think it is the advertisers financial responsibility to make billboards in english if 75% of the people reading it speak spanish primarily. Who the hell are we to force advertisers to only advertise in english....

THIS IS SOOO
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #66
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
And it's only going to get worse, until this country realizes that Obama's main agenda is to cater to his welfare society. And no, that's NOT overexaggerating.
Yep, it's all about control, power and votes.
Appreciate 0