E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What do you do if dealer ordered wrong options?

02-14-2011, 06:35 AM   #45
Potty_Pants
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec

When i bought my 2007 e90 , it was already in the system and they modified the pre-production color/options. He also provided me with a print out from his system showing all of the options it was configured with... he also commented the web site was slow to update and to go off the printout he provided. Sounds like this is a common occurrance.

As you have stated you did receive a spec sheet from the dealer and it was missing a package or two. Worst case you wait another 25 days and they rebuild the car. Rear shade package... win win ! PDC never had it dont need it for my commute.

gl

ppp
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 07:33 AM   #46
mithiral67
That guy
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Had the same prob but with the color, they snagged another slot for me and delayed delivery by 2 weeks. Was much of a fuss
2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 07:37 AM   #47
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJ View Post
I sat down with my sales guy and we ordered Premium, Convenience, DCT, HK, and iPod/USB 335is. He pulled a car order that was already out there and modified it but BMW USA was not updating with my features. One thing that stood out was that the HK was not on there. He assure it was added. The car has been built.

When I look, there is comfort access only. I noticed that the Premium package breaks down whats included. So I assume if Convenience was there it would break down what was included and its not there.

So this means that he added comfort access only which was on the car order he pulled and attached my name to it! I assume if Convenience package was there it would show that I was getting power rear shade, parking sensors, and alarm right?

So now what? If I accept the car, I'm paying $1k for features I'm not getting? Also I don't get the features. I wanted the parking sensors and rear shade. If I cancel, then what happens to the $1500 holiday cash and DCT tranny credit? Would they be able to correct for these features post production? I assume not.
Very simple. If you like the car then accept it. If its not what you ordered then don't. If you signed a confirmation that wasnt what you wanted then the car is yours unless you can somehow get out of it.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #48
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2k11 335is

I'm considering what to do now.

Just spoke with the CA, he didn't comment on how he could have come up with the price from his sales system. There is no way but He didn't want to reconstruct the conversation. Understandable BUT he knows there is a problem based on price alone and can't escape that.

The fatal error was re-entering something in bmwusa site to get a print-out and that was and error on his part for entering the wrong options and on my part for accepting a copy of that and not continuing to press for a copy of what was entered in the sales system. I also got his update by email to late. When I questioned options not showing up at the end of January, that was a red flag to rereview in person.

I think he is wrangling for me to take the car as is. I certainly questioned that that price is $1k out of whack now. He is willing to downward adjust the invoice to match the options on the car.

My options:

Accept car as is, adjust for missing options.
Re-order and lose the $1500 or more.
Go somewhere else and re-order
Wait until spring drive which may offer similar incentives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potty_Pants View Post
When i bought my 2007 e90 , it was already in the system and they modified the pre-production color/options. He also provided me with a print out from his system showing all of the options it was configured with... he also commented the web site was slow to update and to go off the printout he provided. Sounds like this is a common occurrance.

As you have stated you did receive a spec sheet from the dealer and it was missing a package or two. Worst case you wait another 25 days and they rebuild the car. Rear shade package... win win ! PDC never had it dont need it for my commute.

gl

ppp

Last edited by KevinJ; 02-15-2011 at 08:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #49
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep

Update, new dealer, different car game.

Another dealer in Maryland is willing to correct for this dealers mistake. They are not sure why the CA would print something from BMWUSA instead of a vehicle or sales report and on top of that use a print out from the web site he entered after we settled on options since we never walked through each item of what he printed out but did walk through the sales order. They said it sounds like the CA made a mistake on the print-out and should have never used that to enter an order especially if we didn't review that together even if I initialed it. You can't talk though options and record them together and then go back after the fact and enter something else, print it and present it to the customer to sign without both reviewing again in detail.

Anyway, this new dealer said its no problem to match the original price even if the 1500 holiday incentive is over.

They are offering same price and any car and option list I want - 5%. BUT... I have to go down there with an option sheet pre-printed and they will plug it in.

So...would you go back to the original CA and ask him to re-order a new car at this point with the correct options under new deal or just walk away and go with this new dealer? Between the two, the price isn't any different:

For example:

Dealer 1 $x- $1500 credit - $1575 transmission credit + $399 paperwork fee
Dealer 2 $5x - 5% and no fee.

I didn't talk about my trade-in yet with dealer 2. I could get more or less?

Last edited by KevinJ; 02-16-2011 at 09:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #50
Hou*E92
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 328i LCI

Invoice? or MSRP?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #51
atarkatchev
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 xi E92 Alpine White

Quote:
I sat down with my sales guy and we ordered Premium, Convenience, DCT, HK, and iPod/USB 335is. He pulled a car order that was already out there and modified it but BMW USA was not updating with my features. One thing that stood out was that the HK was not on there. He assure it was added. The car has been built.

When I look, there is comfort access only. I noticed that the Premium package breaks down whats included. So I assume if Convenience was there it would break down what was included and its not there.

So this means that he added comfort access only which was on the car order he pulled and attached my name to it! I assume if Convenience package was there it would show that I was getting power rear shade, parking sensors, and alarm right?

So now what? If I accept the car, I'm paying $1k for features I'm not getting? Also I don't get the features. I wanted the parking sensors and rear shade. If I cancel, then what happens to the $1500 holiday cash and DCT tranny credit? Would they be able to correct for these features post production? I assume not.
If you are checking the car update on the bmw site they usually do not have the full list of options which had happened to me. I was missing my hk system and my m-sport package. I had talked to my dealer he had said it is a common issue that they do not show up if you feel like confirming call bmw NA and ask why are one of my options missing online they would say they have a rec curing problem with listing all options on point.

Best Regards,

- Allan
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 12:51 AM   #52
benzboy429
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X4

I'm still a little confused have you spoken to your CA and got confirmation that what u want wasn't ordered? Or are you still basing this on bmwusa.com?

2012 BMW 528i Xdrive
2011 BMW 328i Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 12:54 AM   #53
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep

This was not the issue

You don't get the issue. The car is built at this point and sitting on the port dock by now. The issue is that the sales person negotiated a deal and certain options on his sales quote in person and came up with a price that match what I had for those options. He couldn't print the negotiated options from his system and later just went to bmwusa and did a build your own 3 series and printed that to give me and that sheet contained an error and we didn't review that sheet. He must of then used that to do the actual order for my car later instead of what we negotiated in the sales system.

SO...after the fact I signed up to BMWUSA and used the production number to track the car. Of course options were not showing up WHICH I KNOW IS COMMON. He provided a vehicle report and it matched the bmwusa site and this was confirmation in the end that the options were ordered wrong! It the options weren't showing up because they were NEVER ORDERED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atarkatchev View Post
If you are checking the car update on the bmw site they usually do not have the full list of options which had happened to me. I was missing my hk system and my m-sport package. I had talked to my dealer he had said it is a common issue that they do not show up if you feel like confirming call bmw NA and ask why are one of my options missing online they would say they have a rec curing problem with listing all options on point.

Best Regards,

- Allan
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 01:09 AM   #54
benzboy429
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Ok so now I'm with you.

In all honesty I understand when he built it on bmwusa he entered the
Wrong info but he printed it out and gave it to you, you never noticed the mistake? I would have glanced that over since it was the only paperwork you were given on your build.

Have you signed anything that states you wanted the convenience package?

It's up to you all in all but if you are dead set on the options not added make a big stink call BMW na, speak to a manager at the dealership. Tell them you are going to take your business to another dealership see what they do. They need you, you don't need them. I understand the point of the holiday credit but it's really the balls in your court.

What the dealership should do is honor all pricing and rebates and get you the car you want.

But keep in mind. You made mention of a trade in. That car will depreciate a little bit if you want another few months.

Either way your in a tough spot, gotta weigh out the options. Maybe the dealership can install PDC as a NC option of good faith and then what options are you out the sunshade?

Maybe that is an option.

Good luck

2012 BMW 528i Xdrive
2011 BMW 328i Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 01:12 AM   #55
TonyUF
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ordered 2011 335i

If the original CA can get you the same price as dealer #2 I'd give them the opportunity to order the car correctly depending on how they treated you to this point.

Maybe I'm soft but if someone spends time with me on making a deal, I liked working with them and the option came up to spend the same money with them or new dealer I would stick with the original dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 01:26 AM   #56
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep

There in lies the problem

I asked him to simply refer to the sales system where he keyed the options that came to the $54400 total. There is no way to get to that total with just Comfort Access.

The reason I just glossed over the print out is because I told him that I could just go to the site and do that myself. I really wanted something from what we spent 20-30 minutes entering but claimed he couldn't print from that system. Strange.

Either way he can't escape that the total adds up to include Convenience package. So with that said, he wants to move on...of course if he keyed a sales order that supports his story, then has that information and knows and could just say come down and I'll show you that you are wrong. He can't or to his credit, I am wrong and he is being nice. Again the price confirms my side. But no need to take sides, bad deal, wrong options and I'm sure happens though they want to prevent it as I do. Ordered 01/03 and still don't have a car. Car wasn't due in for many more weeks. Quite a long wait.

He should have never gone to the website to enter something else. We didn't review it together at all nor did he review it against what we spent time entering in his sales system. Seems like he took that bmwusa print-out as official and ordered the wrong stuff, I really ignored it because we entered everything correctly in the sales system.

I focused on HK missing that caught my attention and I didn't put 2 and 2 together for a variety of reasons including a family member passing in the last two weeks and missed it until last week. Fast forward I found the issue and notified them while the car is still in Germany.

I spoke with a new dealer today and the will give me any car at invoice - 5%. Now I feel bad for my CA so I will ask him to re-order first. If he can't do it, then I'll work with the new dealer tomorrow. Wife needs PDC. If you do dealer install kit, its rear only and who knows if it will work right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzboy429 View Post
Ok so now I'm with you.

In all honesty I understand when he built it on bmwusa he entered the
Wrong info but he printed it out and gave it to you, you never noticed the mistake? I would have glanced that over since it was the only paperwork you were given on your build.

Have you signed anything that states you wanted the convenience package?

It's up to you all in all but if you are dead set on the options not added make a big stink call BMW na, speak to a manager at the dealership. Tell them you are going to take your business to another dealership see what they do. They need you, you don't need them. I understand the point of the holiday credit but it's really the balls in your court.

What the dealership should do is honor all pricing and rebates and get you the car you want.

But keep in mind. You made mention of a trade in. That car will depreciate a little bit if you want another few months.

Either way your in a tough spot, gotta weigh out the options. Maybe the dealership can install PDC as a NC option of good faith and then what options are you out the sunshade?

Maybe that is an option.

Good luck

Last edited by KevinJ; 02-15-2011 at 08:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 01:34 AM   #57
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep

No problem with the CA at all

Funny part is that we talked about making sure we order the correct options. I corrected my terminology with him and we assure we entered the correct packages. We're only talking a hand full of things.

Two mistakes, rushing down after work tired, not getting a print-out of what he actually entered/reviewed versus a random entered build from bmwusa site as a print out.

Another dealer said that print out should have never been used because we didn't sit down and review it line by line. The reason is because that is what we did in his sales system. So feels kinda baity switchy though maybe unintentional but a fatal error on both sides to not review that printout and options he plugged in the site if he used it as official instead of the sales order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyUF View Post
If the original CA can get you the same price as dealer #2 I'd give them the opportunity to order the car correctly depending on how they treated you to this point.

Maybe I'm soft but if someone spends time with me on making a deal, I liked working with them and the option came up to spend the same money with them or new dealer I would stick with the original dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #58
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep

Approached my CA on finalizing cancel and offer from other dealer

My CA is working with his manager after I emailed and was about to call him, he called me. It didn't appear that it would be an issue to create a new order. Hopefully they found a new home for the previous order.

Hope my CA's manager is as nice about it as my CA has been. Appreciate him agreeing to work with me versus just going somewhere elsewhere which avoids the drive to get to the other dealer tonight on what they offered which is similar to the old deal minus paperwork fee.

If approved which I'm sure it will be, I will print out the option sheet I want, review and provide to him. He will review with me and enter, and we will compare the output and dollar amounts. If not approved, I need to commute out to the other dealer and just sign with them.

Bottom line, if I just go somewhere else, they still lose a sale. If I stay and re-order they get a sale and make that sales bonus and whatever else they get. I'm sure they deal with dropped orders all the time and this was probably more painful for me than it was for them since its been a month and a half waiting.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #59
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep

Crazy day

Dealer 1 agree to dealer 2's deal. Which was price minus 5% so this would equal option credit and holiday credit. Then they call back and say they want proof of dealer 2's deal and will call me back. I refuse since I didn't want to get into any back and forth.

In the end the sales manager called and lays into me giving them a signed option sheet printed from the consumer site for what I wanted which was not true and he didn't realize that. It took him a while like people here and explaining it five or more times to realize that the print-out from the consumer site I didn't bring that, it was something the sales guy entered printed and much later in the process that day.

After repeated after repeated attempts to get the manager to simply look at the sales system for the options I ordered correctly, there is still no answer to that and they "beat around the bush". I conclude that they know the sales entry has one set of options but the BMW order they used a different set of options based on the bmwusa print out that neither of us reviewed and that they entered after I left. The sales guy should not have printed something from the consumer site and the manager agreed to that.

The manager agreed that he should have entered into the BMW order directly and printed out a Vehicle Inquiry and reviewed it just after we had done the review and entry. The consumer site information I take responsibility for signing that in agreement with the sales guy that these were my options we covered earlier and no need to review it. However, as I told the manager I did question the options weeks ago and that one was missing. Once I put together that something else was missing it was to late BUT I did tell them before it was shipped.

The new deal made is not as good as the $1500 holiday credit + $1495 DCT credit but we are at a compromise that would still allow me to buy the car. The DCT credit is still there though at least from BMWFS. I'm sure they could have gone back to BMWFS and pushed for the holiday credit and maybe they are behind the scenes.

Either way I'm ordering a new order: 335is, DCT, Premium, Convenience, HK, heated seats, iPod, and adding Navigation this time and bite the bullet on Nav. Based on what I've seen of Dealer Cost, Factory Cost, Consumer Invoice, and MSRP, they are still making money above Dealer Cost and also they get a sales bonus.

Last edited by KevinJ; 02-16-2011 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #60
benzboy429
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dealer 1 agree to dealer 2's deal. Price minus 5%. Then they call back and say they want proof of dealer 2's deal and will call me back. I refuse since I didn't want to get into any back and forth.

In the end the sales manager called and lays into me about signing an option sheet printed from the consumer site and wanting to figure out what happened though I'm sure he knows what happened. They wanted to sell me on the previous car. It took him a while like people here and explaining it five or more times to realize that the print-out from the consumer site I didn't bring that, it was something the sales guy entered printed and much later in the process that day.

After repeated after repeated attempts to get the manager to simply look at the sales system for the options I ordered correctly, there is still no answer to that and they "beat around the bush". I conclude that they know the sales entry has one set of options but the BMW order they used a different set of options based on the bmwusa print out that neither of us reviewed and that they entered after I left. The sales guy should not have printed something from the consumer site and the manager agreed to that.

The manager agreed that he should have entered into the BMW order directly and printed out a Vehicle Inquiry and reviewed it just after we had done the review and entry. The consumer site information and I take responsibility for signing that in agreement with the sales guy that these were my options we covered earlier and no need to review it. However, as I told the manager I did question the options weeks ago and that one was missing. Once I put together that something else was missing it was to late BUT I did tell them before it was shipped.

The new deal made is not as good as the $1500 holiday credit + $1495 DCT credit but we are starting from a very good price to begin with. The DCT credit is still there though. I'm sure they could have gone back to BMWFS and pushed for the holiday credit and maybe they are behind the scenes.

Either way I'm ordering a new order: 335is, DCT, Premium, Comfort, HK, heated seats, iPod, and adding Navigation this time. Based on what I've seen of Dealer Cost, Factory Cost, Consumer Invoice, and MSRP, they are still making money above Dealer Cost and also they get a sales bonus. So they can't cry to much about not making money.
LOL where is your PDC? did you forget to order it again...you didn't mention it LOL

2012 BMW 528i Xdrive
2011 BMW 328i Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #61
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep

LOL..

Confirmed the original error wasn't mine btw but I paid for it since I didn't review the bmwusa printout they did. No, this time the order sheet I provided and verified, same as before option total and price matched options I wanted and this time they entered it and like before it matched my total as before. What's different is this time time they actually entered it into dealernet instead of printing out something from bmwusa.com and using that. I think I had comfort access on the brain in the last post since that cost me $$...and long day. Keep in mind that they also had forgotten to add HK sound also the last time.

Anyway.. Getting 335is Metalic, DCT, Premium, CONVENIENCE PACKAGE, heated seats, HK, Nav, iPod.

In the end Dealer 1 backed out of matching dealer 2. I decided to screw it and work it out with dealer 1 though was about to give it up all together and keep my 325. We did DCT credit and 700 off agreed price and a few other perks. Funny thing is finally Dealer 2 responded by Email and re-verified they would accept x price - 5%. I didn't go back to Dealer1 with this and press them more, just need to get the car ordered at this point since its been a roller coaster...

The end price difference between Dealer 1 plus perks and Dealer 2 is $880I lose. At this point, to much effort to go with dealer 2 at this point. Either way to have ordered at the beginning of January and the previous car would still be weeks away from delivery is crazy (two and a half months). On that alone I could have canceled before. The way it is right now I might get the re-order just three weeks after the other was supposed to be here or something like that.

Quote:
LOL where is your PDC? did you forget to order it again...you didn't mention it LOL

Last edited by KevinJ; 02-18-2011 at 08:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #62
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep

New Vehicle Inquiry sent, correct way to order a car now.

So now we are doing things the right way with the dealer. We have a Vehicle Inquiry report instead of a bogus print-out from bmwusa.com done after the fact last time. I'm sure they agree that they messed up to not use the info from their sales system to plug into dealerspeed site. You don't give a customer something from the consumer site and not review it together and use that to place an order. My bad for accepting a copy of it, theirs for doing that last time. Also when I questioned missing items well before the car was built, they should have re-reviewed with me everything. So that part felt fishy as to whether it was a mistake or not to have missing items (Convenience package and HK sound).

Why the CA refused the first time to just enter it directly into dealerspeed and print off the same information as below after we spend 10-30 minutes review and entering it while I was there is beyond me. I think it was because it was the end of the day and he didn't enter the order right then in dealernet and he couldn't print from his sales system and just went to bmwusa site and built a car and printed-out instead of what he had in his sales system and did not review it with me. In the end, their mistake for using a stupid bmwusa print-out versus the sales system cost me $800.

Model 1183 335is Coupe USD 50,150.00
Color 475 Black Sapphire Metallic 550.00
Upholstery LCSW Black Dakota Leather N/C
Options ZCV Convenience Package 1,500.00
302 Anti-theft alarm system N/C
322 Comfort Access keyless entry N/C
415 Power rear sunshade N/C
508 Park Distance Control N/C
ZPP Premium Package 2,650.00
319 Universal garage-door opener N/C
430 Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors N/C
431 Auto-dimming rearview mirror N/C
488 Lumbar support N/C
4NA Digital compass mirror N/C
639 BMW Assist with Bluetooth N/C
2TC 7-Speed double clutch Transmission 1,575.00
494 Heated front seats 500.00
609 Navigation system 2,100.00
615 Online Information Services N/C
620 Voice-command N/C
688 Harman Kardon surround sound system 875.00
6AA BMW TeleServices N/C
6AB TeleService Control N/C
6FL iPod and USB adapter 400.00
6UH Real Time Traffic Information N/C
6VC Combox controller N/C
7XA M Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shi... N/C
Net Total 60,300.00
Destination Charge 875.00
Gas Guzzler Tax N/C
Total Suggested Price 61,175.00

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #63
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:
In the end, their mistake for using a stupid bmwusa print-out versus the sales system cost me $800.
Sorry for sounding like an ass before, I was posting on an empty stomach.

Their mistake should not have cost you $800.00. You should have given your business to the other dealer. Oh well. Congrats and good luck.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger

Last edited by Chriztofor; 02-17-2011 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 08:22 AM   #64
KevinJ
Lieutenant
Rep

NP this whole thing sucked. They should have given up the processing fee.

The order was placed by me correctly and the dollar figure on the buyer order confirms that and they can't escape that. They screwed up entering the order and I screwed up not looking closely at the bmwusa print-out because we had confirmed everything and the price matched.

I would have gone back to dealer 2 and likely got the run around a little more. The price I got from dealer 1 or dealer 2 were great prices that they accepted for me to be able to get into a 335is with options I wanted but yeah I should have had the correct options on the first car and the holiday credit to begin with. The mistake jumps the price by $15 per month and that is a bitter pill to swallow. I pushed them on working with BMWFS on the holiday credit but they said they are pretty firm about it when its over. I wonder if that is a lie or not.

The issue is that sales person at Dealer 2 said I didn't have to pay the paperwork fee or training, maco fee where as Sales Manager at Dealer 2 said they can't do that. Dealer 2 emails me back the next day after I worked with Dealer 1 that they can do the deal at x price - 5% and no additional fees.

So the $800 ($880 in fact) I'm split on it. I did get a parts gift certificate from Dealer 1 for 60% of that plus floor mats (since when is floor mats an option?). Not as good as cash but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriztofor View Post
Sorry for sounding like an ass before, I was posting on an empty stomach.

Their mistake should not have cost you $800.00. You should have given your business to the other dealer. Oh well. Congrats and good luck.
Appreciate 0