E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > BMW 640d M Sport.....

01-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #45
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Excellent Peter!

giZZe - isn't the rule that the Contract Hirer can't purchase the vehicle at the end of the term, but someone else can...?? So, if the Contract Hire was in a business name, a private individual could buy it, and vice versa....obviously only if the figures were attractive...!!

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #46
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbin View Post
Excellent Peter!

giZZe - isn't the rule that the Contract Hirer can't purchase the vehicle at the end of the term, but someone else can...?? So, if the Contract Hire was in a business name, a private individual could buy it, and vice versa....obviously only if the figures were attractive...!!
If a given business has hired a vehicle then neither a director nor any of his/her immedaite family can purchse that particular vehicle. It's for VAT reasons (because the business has reclaimed part of the VAT for the duration of the hire) it would be seen as a perk if someone directly realted to the business (or connected through family) bought the car.

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 02:26 AM   #47
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Yup, 20ppp, i thought that was expensive, but maybe not compared to the Porsche.
Tell me about it, 20ppp is still not cheap but 30ppp I think is a bit to expensive
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 03:16 AM   #48
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

Quote:
Excellent Peter!

It may be different if it is a Personal Contract Hire, where VAT is included. However, there is no way I would want to buy the car at the end of two years, it would be far too expensive
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 03:18 AM   #49
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
If a given business has hired a vehicle then neither a director nor any of his/her immedaite family can purchse that particular vehicle. It's for VAT reasons (because the business has reclaimed part of the VAT for the duration of the hire) it would be seen as a perk if someone directly realted to the business (or connected through family) bought the car.
Interesting.....what about if the business is not VAT registered.....???

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 04:40 AM   #50
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Interesting.....what about if the business is not VAT registered.....???
Not sure. We are VAT reg'd, so I've never come up against that.
I'll ask my 'lease man' next time I speak to him

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 04:52 AM   #51
Chris100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Highline Coupe

Sounds like a stunning motor, can't wait to see the pictures.

Hopefully BMW have a similar deal going about this time next year as I would be seriously tempted by one of these myself.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #52
Baby Dave
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E90 320d m sport

Wow cannot wait for pictures and a write up, bet you cannot wait
      01-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #53
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2009 E90 M3  [10.00]
2007 325i M-sport C ...  [9.00]
That car will be stunning Peter, can't wait to see some pics of it when it arrives.

You will be counting down those weeks now!!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #54
Bungle009
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Popped into my dealer, and they had a 640d sport in carbon black with the vanilla leather. Looked simply amazing. They are working on some numbers.....
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #55
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & Panamera Turbo S

Well done Peter, looks like a top-class car and about time you got yourself back into something 'proper'

I do truly hope you like it enough because 2 years......(breathes through gritted teeth)......is a long time (for the likes of us!).

Still, if anything is going to last the distance its going to be one of these - you'll never feel like it's costing you too much with that economy and monthly payment, you'll never worry about depreciation, it's so well built that it'll feel as good in two years as it does in 8 weeks time, it's probably faster than anything you've had (especially that slow Porsche ), it'll definitely be the most refined car you've had...it'll be fabulous.

Two years though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Congratulations, I give you 6 months.......
Oh I disagree.....I give him 2 years. He can't get out of it before (breathes through gritted teeth again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
Congrats, Peter; a beautiful looking car with a fabulous specification and a great choice - I'm sure you'll be delighted with it.
I would definitely consider one Of those myself, if I want tied into the C63 for another 22 months!
Is yours on PCH too? Does it seem a long time (genuine question from someone who has considered but always stayed away from PCH)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
2) my main worry is what do i buy in 2 years without feeling like im driving a shitbox? The interior quality on these cars is amazing so im going to have to be lucky and hope there is another cracking PCH deal out or spend 1000 a month or lower my expectations.

Whats your take on this mate?
Steve, are you turning gay? You start by getting all sensible on us (although I feel that sensibility is starting to wear off ) and then worry about how a car you could buy would affect how you feel about the car you could buy after that! Earth to Steve? Hello?

Oh...that was my take on it
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #56
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
Well done Peter, looks like a top-class car and about time you got yourself back into something 'proper'

I do truly hope you like it enough because 2 years......(breathes through gritted teeth)......is a long time (for the likes of us!).

Still, if anything is going to last the distance its going to be one of these - you'll never feel like it's costing you too much with that economy and monthly payment, you'll never worry about depreciation, it's so well built that it'll feel as good in two years as it does in 8 weeks time, it's probably faster than anything you've had (especially that slow Porsche ), it'll definitely be the most refined car you've had...it'll be fabulous.

Two years though

Oh I disagree.....I give him 2 years. He can't get out of it before (breathes through gritted teeth again)

Is yours on PCH too? Does it seem a long time (genuine question from someone who has considered but always stayed away from PCH)?

Steve, are you turning gay? You start by getting all sensible on us (although I feel that sensibility is starting to wear off ) and then worry about how a car you could buy would affect how you feel about the car you could buy after that! Earth to Steve? Hello?

Oh...that was my take on it
Andrew / Peter

I was joking about the 6 months. I am sure Peter will keep it for the 2 years as it will be a fantastic car to own and if ever a expensive new car can be seen as 'value for money' this is it.

I am really pleased for him as I reckon it will tick all his boxes and look forward to hearing good things about the 6 er.
      01-20-2012, 01:13 AM   #57
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Two years though

)
Cheers Andrew, I am encouraged that you are not making any noises about changing the XKR! Maybe, you found the one to keep you interested for more than 6months! Keeping the 640 for two years will hopefully be easy, especially
as I have no choice. I think it will certainly be the most luxurious and refined car I have owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Andrew / Peter

I was joking about the 6 months. I am sure Peter will keep it for the 2 years as it will be a fantastic car to own and if ever a expensive new car can be seen as 'value for money' this is it.

I am really pleased for him as I reckon it will tick all his boxes and look forward to hearing good things about the 6 er.
cheers Peter.

I am fairly busy between now and late March, so time should fly by!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 04:09 AM   #58
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

i fucking want this 640d, want it so so much

i've just spunked loads of cash on my current car though!!! arghhhhhh

insurance will probs hurt a wee bit tho, i'll just keep telling myself that
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 05:13 AM   #59
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Just been informed that forecast delivery date to the dealer is 30 March, looks like an early April pick up then.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 05:19 AM   #60
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
Just been informed that forecast delivery date to the dealer is 30 March, looks like an early April pick up then.
Sounds like an ideal opportunity to rearrange the Lakes meet and we'll all come along with you on collection day .
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #61
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Cheers Andrew, I am encouraged that you are not making any noises about changing the XKR! Maybe, you found the one to keep you interested for more than 6months! Keeping the 640 for two years will hopefully be easy, especially
as I have no choice. I think it will certainly be the most luxurious and refined car I have owned.
Yes, I believe I have...at least until the M6 is released and has settled into the market for 6 months! This isn't to say I'm not buying a car....I think you can count in months on one hand how long it'll be before I stick an order in for an Evoque...I don't know what it is as I don't normally like that style of car but I think they are fabulous. Still not driven one but I doubt it'll be shite.

There is one thing that bothers me about my car and which you definitely won't have with the 640d and thats economy. Ok, ok....you don't buy a 5-litre supercharged car with economy in mind and had it been at least as good as the 18-20mpg average that I got out of the (much heavier) XFR, I'd not even think about it. But for some reason, my much lighter XKR, which happens to have 'official' economy figures some 5-10% better than the bigger XFR, is averaging 14mpg...it's only got 2k miles on clock whereas my XFR had 7k on it when I bought it. I'm hoping that it will improve as it gets run-in.

It's not a real problem (we all know how frivolous I am with cash ) but it just makes me think about it rather than it being a non-issue....which is why I think the 640d will suit you perfectly as you'll surely have all the enjoyment that I'm experiencing with the XKR without the nagging annoyance of shit economy!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #62
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
How much is this badger a month again?
      01-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #63
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I believe I have...at least until the M6 is released and has settled into the market for 6 months! This isn't to say I'm not buying a car....I think you can count in months on one hand how long it'll be before I stick an order in for an Evoque...I don't know what it is as I don't normally like that style of car but I think they are fabulous. Still not driven one but I doubt it'll be shite.

There is one thing that bothers me about my car and which you definitely won't have with the 640d and thats economy. Ok, ok....you don't buy a 5-litre supercharged car with economy in mind and had it been at least as good as the 18-20mpg average that I got out of the (much heavier) XFR, I'd not even think about it. But for some reason, my much lighter XKR, which happens to have 'official' economy figures some 5-10% better than the bigger XFR, is averaging 14mpg...it's only got 2k miles on clock whereas my XFR had 7k on it when I bought it. I'm hoping that it will improve as it gets run-in.

It's not a real problem (we all know how frivolous I am with cash ) but it just makes me think about it rather than it being a non-issue....which is why I think the 640d will suit you perfectly as you'll surely have all the enjoyment that I'm experiencing with the XKR without the nagging annoyance of shit economy!
So, basically you are accusing me of being a tight arse However, you are absolutely correct, I would not have ordered the 640d if it was a derv guzzler of epic proportions...it is the performance/economy figures which really make it stack up, in addition to the 'cheap' cost of ownership over 2 years. Having had a V8 (CLK55 AMG, if anyone remembers that far back) I hate paying for fuel!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #64
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
So, basically you are accusing me of being a tight arse However, you are absolutely correct, I would not have ordered the 640d if it was a derv guzzler of epic proportions...it is the performance/economy figures which really make it stack up, in addition to the 'cheap' cost of ownership over 2 years. Having had a V8 (CLK55 AMG, if anyone remembers that far back) I hate paying for fuel!
Yes, we all know you're a tight arse. But not as tight as Rogers arse

(so I hear!)

You had a Merc?? Jeeeez...you must be really OLD!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #65
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
How much is this badger a month again?
Just a bit more than I would have paid for a TTS and A5! If you want detail PM me Carlotti.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #66
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yes, we all know you're a tight arse. But not as tight as Rogers arse

(so I hear!)

You had a Merc?? Jeeeez...you must be really OLD!
Oh yes, Roger is in a different league, it took 2 hours to get coffee out of him. It was asda's own not the nespresso stuff as well.
Appreciate 0