E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > getting new e90 for college..

06-11-2007, 05:04 AM   #45
murellus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 x3m40i

??? 18 is horrible, 27 is shitty, and pretty much everything else...honestly though there's usually a lot of traffic in the area, and if there isn't, watch out for the po po
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 07:15 AM   #46
rs6654
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyGams View Post
i personally love seeing someone with Georgia plates parked in an onramp because they are scared to get on...
All I have to say is Atlanta!!!!

I've driven all over America and Atlanta is as bad as it gets anywhere!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #47
imaznumkay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town330 View Post
Let me see if I understand this:

your parents paid for your (THEIR) current car, and pay for the repair bills, which are piling up, so they want to buy a new car which will have a warranty and therefore no issues.

And then you are going to run out and put PROcede on the car, which COULD cause problems (newly designed turbos, newly designed PROcede system, nobody really knows yet), and if identified by the dealership, might void certain warranty claims - possibly big ones.

Just a question - have you told your parents about your grand plans, and what the POSSIBE ramifications in terms of THEIR money might be? Given they were unhappy about a $400 repair bill, I would be shocked if they would support this if they truly understood it.

I'm sorry, but this just seems a bit selfish and disrespectful. Flame away.
whatever problem caused by MY own mods, i would have to pay for, but the car is paid for by my parents so its not selfish at all.
another thing, as far as procede and aftermarket mods go, the dealer may not void the warranty simply because i have upgraded the software controlling the car’s ECU. The Specialty Equipment Manufacturer Association (SEMA) has made the following statements regarding such aftermarket products:

"...The vehicle manufacturer is not allowed to void the vehicle warranty just because aftermarket equipment is installed on the vehicle..."

"...In cases where such a failed aftermarket part is responsible for a warranty claim, the (vehicle) manufacturer must arrange a settlement with the part manufacturer, but the new vehicle warrant is not void under the law..."

"...If the failure to honor a claim involves the new-vehicle warranty, and it appears that the (vehicle) manufacturer is improperly denying a claim, the incident should be reported to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)..."
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 10:30 PM   #48
longodj
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
1974 VW Beetle  [0.00]
Hey,
Wow this is really weird. I live in North New Jersey (Saddle River) and go to school in Rochester, NY (RIT). When I got my license my dad had been thinking about getting rid of his X4 4.4 that was a company car (had 90,000 miles on it). I convinced him to let me drive it until I graduated and then I needed a car to get to and from college (6 hours), so I used the 4.4 (it was out of warranty and lost most of its value so hell, why not. We ran into a few problems (radiator went, alternator went, transmission went...TWICE) and then finally one time on the way to college I heard a grinding noise and 4 minutes from where I live in Rochester the power steering pump broke off and the engine overheated. After paying upwards of $6k to repair it (it took many other things with it) we decided it was time to ditch the truck. We are in the process of selling the truck and we got a 335xi two weeks ago. I can't be happier with the car, better gas mileage, enough power to kill a small horse, and superior handling. I would love to put a procede in among many many other things (not that it needs it but the car was just made to be tuned) but I am waiting till the warranty is up (since I put a good 20,000 mi per year on the car with college and such that should only take two or so years) so I don't run into the whole parents bought to get into warranty thing. So right now I'm just aiming for a KW V3, Vorsteiner/Hartge styling, and a Dynaudio/Audison sound system. Good luck with your E90 and welcome to Jersey! maybe I'll see you at a meet down there some time.

Thanks,
Dave
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #49
imaznumkay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by longodj View Post
Hey,
Wow this is really weird. I live in North New Jersey (Saddle River) and go to school in Rochester, NY (RIT). When I got my license my dad had been thinking about getting rid of his X4 4.4 that was a company car (had 90,000 miles on it). I convinced him to let me drive it until I graduated and then I needed a car to get to and from college (6 hours), so I used the 4.4 (it was out of warranty and lost most of its value so hell, why not. We ran into a few problems (radiator went, alternator went, transmission went...TWICE) and then finally one time on the way to college I heard a grinding noise and 4 minutes from where I live in Rochester the power steering pump broke off and the engine overheated. After paying upwards of $6k to repair it (it took many other things with it) we decided it was time to ditch the truck. We are in the process of selling the truck and we got a 335xi two weeks ago. I can't be happier with the car, better gas mileage, enough power to kill a small horse, and superior handling. I would love to put a procede in among many many other things (not that it needs it but the car was just made to be tuned) but I am waiting till the warranty is up (since I put a good 20,000 mi per year on the car with college and such that should only take two or so years) so I don't run into the whole parents bought to get into warranty thing. So right now I'm just aiming for a KW V3, Vorsteiner/Hartge styling, and a Dynaudio/Audison sound system. Good luck with your E90 and welcome to Jersey! maybe I'll see you at a meet down there some time.

Thanks,
Dave
haha what a coincidence. but as i said earlier, i dont think procede could possibly affect your warranty since u can just simply unplug and take it to dealership whenever it needs service. and IF they give u hard time with chip and whatnot, u can tell them they cannot void the warranty on the specific part of the car JUST BECAUSE there is an aftermarket mod on it.
how does the all wheel drive feel? i dunno if i should for the xi or the rear drive.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 10:46 PM   #50
montreal_bimmer
OEMconcept
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
lucky you man... enjoy it while it lasts...
Appreciate 0