E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Group Buy - Performance Exhaust

Closed Thread

04-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #67
SG07
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Let's keep this together guys. I don't know Mike but he has a track record of putting together some pretty decent deals in the past. Maybe he'll come through again.

KBimmer - have you tried to contact him on the phone to find out what's going on? I know you may be backing out of this but maybe you can touch base with him on the phone on our behalf and see if there's any news? Once this re-gain traction (assuming there'll be some positive news), then maybe one of us can take over the coordination of it (if you are indeed backing out).

How many participants do we have? I went through the thread again and it looks like the situation is as follows:

1 - Kbimmer (on the fence)
2 - jwise36
3 - itrocks4u
4 - KMach89
5 - gogogogo
6 - SG07
7 - RickG
8 - E90XDrive
9-Officespace
10-Infamous
11-Egyptshun

If anyone on the list is confirmed to be backing out, please advise.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #68
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbimmer View Post
I've e-mailed Mike 3 times since last week, no replies I myself may be quitting this as my car seems to be with some crazy ABS / TC issues, all the lights came out at once I'll stop it some time this week to check, but nevertheless if Mike replies I'll let you guys know and help out with what I can.
You need to call him instead.
He is probably backlogged with requests.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #69
Kbimmer
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG07 View Post

KBimmer - have you tried to contact him on the phone to find out what's going on? I know you may be backing out of this but maybe you can touch base with him on the phone on our behalf and see if there's any news? Once this re-gain traction (assuming there'll be some positive news), then maybe one of us can take over the coordination of it (if you are indeed backing out).
Hey SG07... I have not called him yet, I'll try on behalf of the group tomorrow

As I'm on the fence (until I realize how much my computer craziness will cost me) I'll send you an e-mail when I get home tonight with the list of people I have compiled, and if you want you can take charge of the group buy...

(and yes, I can keep helping out if you guys need...)
'97 328i Black on Black - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #70
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

I called Mike for an update - He said along the lines that getting a good discount on the performance exhaust is a long process especially since his cost was recently increased by $100. He said it involves talking with the VP of After sales, working out the numbers etc. to determine how many performance exhausts he would have to sell so it takes 3-4 weeks easily. He also said that due to some personal circumstances (loss in family) related to his contact he has been dealing with, all talks have been on hold at the moment till that person is back.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #71
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbimmer
Quote:

Hey SG07... I have not called him yet, I'll try on behalf of the group tomorrow

As I'm on the fence (until I realize how much my computer craziness will cost me) I'll send you an e-mail when I get home tonight with the list of people I have compiled, and if you want you can take charge of the group buy...

(and yes, I can keep helping out if you guys need...)
Kbimmer can you email me the list as well? I'd like to ask around other dealerships as well if anyone is interested for a group of 10 ppl. Let me know if you need my email address again.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #72
Egyptshun
2008 328i to 2015 X1
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1

Quote:
Let's keep this together guys. I don't know Mike but he has a track record of putting together some pretty decent deals in the past. Maybe he'll come through again.

How many participants do we have? I went through the thread again and it looks like the situation is as follows:

2 - jwise36
3 - itrocks4u
4 - KMach89
5 - gogogogo
6 - SG07
7 - RickG
8 - E90XDrive
9-Officespace
10-Infamous
11-Egyptshun

If anyone on the list is confirmed to be backing out, please advise.
Thank you for the updated list, but as mentioned, I'm awaiting some information (all stainless steel? same diameter or is it larger? any HP/Torque facts?), if available, along with price. I'll remove my name for now...

2 - jwise36
3 - itrocks4u
4 - KMach89
5 - gogogogo
6 - SG07
7 - RickG
8 - E90XDrive
9-Officespace
10-Infamous
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #73
Kbimmer
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
Kbimmer can you email me the list as well? I'd like to ask around other dealerships as well if anyone is interested for a group of 10 ppl. Let me know if you need my email address again.
You guys got mail
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #74
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.bmw View Post
hi. i have a 2006 bmw 323i.. which has a 2.5L L6 engine,. would the non-335i pe exhaust also works on my car? thank you.!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphyy View Post
Very interested if shipping to Vancouver BC is possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasV View Post
I'm interested as well, pending price of course... Hoping the price will be better than the blowout earlier on max...
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90sexion View Post
shipping anywhere in Canada? if so, I am interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCX_335xi View Post
price ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
Only 2 things I really want on my car, PE and KW's...I think the KW's take priority right now so I'll have to wait until the next GB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemw335 View Post
Id be interested, depending on the price.
How cheap would it be?
Tisher seems to be the cheapest, would it be cheaper than him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI View Post
Is the price still "the same" or better than before? The reason I am wondering is that now that the e9x are just about done perhaps the deals are better now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickG View Post
once prices come out i can give a forsure answer but 75% interested im sure it'll be a good price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Xdrive View Post
Depending on the price I may be interested. I have been looking on maxbimmer for the gb thread

I have a 2011 328i xdrive

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubiza View Post
Would the non-335i pe exhaust fit 2006 330i?
Quote:
Originally Posted by officespace View Post
Have an '06 330i and looking for a performance exhaust. Looking for pricing and availability, used would be awesome!

Cheers,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egyptshun View Post
Subscribed, and patiently waiting the next price update to hopefully join in!

Stupid question...but why can I not find any approximate performance figures for HP or torque on this catback replacement? Anyone have any quantiative information on this (i.e. same pipe diameter? All stainless steel I assume? HP/torque dyno chart?)...

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcharged View Post
Too bad we have no word on this yet :/

Hey, if any of you guys are interested can you please provide some more details so I can compile a list together? I know a lot depends on the price but I'd like to include a few more ppl if it's possible. Can you provide the following:

1) Name
2) Email
3) Vehicle type
4) One of the following:
i) Part number; or
ii) Last 7 digits of your VIN#

If you're not from GTA area, let me know if you need it shipped (not sure if that's possible from one of the other dealerships).

Thanks!

Please PM
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #75
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Bumppp - need a few more ppl to provide me the part number or last 7 digits of the VIN so I can send off the list..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #76
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Just a quick update - I contacted a few more dealerships who showed interest in doing a group buy when I told them there are about 10 people interested in the PE. Apparently everyone is aware of the Maranello group buy last year so I'm hoping someone comes back with similar pricing.

Will keep you guys posted when I hear more.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #77
Kbimmer
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Just a quick update - I contacted a few more dealerships who showed interest in doing a group buy when I told them there are about 10 people interested in the PE. Apparently everyone is aware of the Maranello group buy last year so I'm hoping someone comes back with similar pricing.

Thanks bro...

I have updated the first post with the changes so far
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #78
JonasV
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

Quote:

I hope you guys read the Price Matching post (on Maxbimmer) Mike put up before trying to get "Price Matching" from other dealers.

Just a heads up
      04-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #79
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I hope you guys read the Price Matching post (on Maxbimmer) Mike put up before trying to get "Price Matching" from other dealers.

Just a heads up
Hey JonasV, I kept that in mind and made sure not to mention that. Basically just told the dealership that we have a group of 10 people who are looking for a good deal on a PE group buy since prices in the US have been pretty good and the dollar is pretty much at par. So what's the best they can offer.

I think for our own purposes, last year's pricing would kind of be a benchmark...For example, if the price last year for a non-335 PE for E90 was about $900, but the dealer comes back offering $1100, I don't think i'll consider that a good deal. One of the dealers did bring up the Maranello group buy from last year but I didn't really discuss that with them since I wanted to know more of what they want to offer. I don't think there's a harm in asking around especially since the PE price varies significantly from one dealership to another ($1000 to $1500 plus different rates for install and what not).
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #80
Kbimmer
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Just a heads up
I don't think that is a issue since the last group buy from Maranello had the price there on the thread, is not that he got a private price with Mike and is advertising it everywhere for price match.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #81
SG07
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I agree with itrock4u and Kbimmer. Price matching means taking a deal to a competitor for matching, or even beating the original deal. I would compare this situation to the government tendering a project for the lowest bidder, or simply shopping around for the best deal like we all do. It's just free market.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #82
335icandy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 328dX Msport Estoril Blue

Quote:

Just a heads up
+1 Good point JonasV

You guys really shouldn't be taking 'Maxbimmer member only pricing' around to pricematch with other dealers. Then Mike gets a storm of angry emails from other dealers and head office as to why he's selling for so low, and how its unfair to other dealers who haven't worked out special everyday pricing with the VP of after sales to even compete. You're shooting Mike in the foot. This is what Mike has told me in person and posted on Maxbimmer before. DON'T PRICE MATCH HIS DEALS WITH OTHER DEALERS! You're going to screw up the Maxbimmer Member ONLY pricing for the rest of us.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 02:05 AM   #83
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335icandy View Post
+1 Good point JonasV

You guys really shouldn't be taking 'Maxbimmer member only pricing' around to pricematch with other dealers. Then Mike gets a storm of angry emails from other dealers and head office as to why he's selling for so low, and how its unfair to other dealers who haven't worked out special everyday pricing with the VP of after sales to even compete. You're shooting Mike in the foot. This is what Mike has told me in person and posted on Maxbimmer before. DON'T PRICE MATCH HIS DEALS WITH OTHER DEALERS! You're going to screw up the Maxbimmer Member ONLY pricing for the rest of us.
You need to really read the post carefully (all of them).

Itrocks said he didn't bring up the idea of price matching "Marenello BMW".
He didn't do anything wrong. Nothing in trying to get a good deal on a gb purchase without bringing up names.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 04:04 AM   #84
markodarko74
Rep
Drives: 328i

I'm in depending on the price
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #85
Egyptshun
2008 328i to 2015 X1
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1

Quote:
...(all stainless steel? same diameter or is it larger? any HP/Torque facts?)...
Anyone have anything on this?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #86
SG07
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Try posting a question on the exhaust mod section. You will find out everything you'll ever need to know about the PE.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #87
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egyptshun
Quote:
...(all stainless steel? same diameter or is it larger? any HP/Torque facts?)...
I don't think there are significant performance gains:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384134

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291078

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551670

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=613303
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #88
myfly335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 sport pkg ALL BLACK

Garage List
2011 BMW 335  [0.00]
how much will it be and which is it can yo get it on a e90 335?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread