E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > AR Design Downpipe Review

03-18-2009, 01:04 PM   #67
murph-54
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i TS Coupe 6MT

I'm really interested in these for the additional performance. I have a Helix FMIC, Procede V3 and upgraded suspension and want to take advantage of some of the more aggressive maps when I take the car to the track. However, I am concerned about how much louder the car is going to be at idle or just cruising around. Louder at WOT is fine. I have already installed an AE exhaust with the secondary cat's deleted, which increased the sound considerably. Also, what about smell. Is there any difference?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #68
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph-54 View Post
I'm really interested in these for the additional performance. I have a Helix FMIC, Procede V3 and upgraded suspension and want to take advantage of some of the more aggressive maps when I take the car to the track. However, I am concerned about how much louder the car is going to be at idle or just cruising around. Louder at WOT is fine. I have already installed an AE exhaust with the secondary cat's deleted, which increased the sound considerably. Also, what about smell. Is there any difference?
It's not that loud with the downpipes, I'm completely catless (UR catless DP's, AE catless exhaust) and posted up a video cruising around:

the smell isn't that bad, much better than other kinds of catless cars (my catless wrx makes my catless 335 smell like it has all it's cats in)
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #69
MrZippy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: :sevirD

I put mine on 2 days ago. Yesterday, I got my first limp and HPFP code. Took off the JB3 waiting for the inevitable. While I had a few drives with the pipes on before this happened, I did not notice any significant amount of power increase. Not sure why.